• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sales for Resident Evil 2, 3, and 4 Remakes Surpass 25 Million Copies Worldwide

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
resident-evil-4-remake-review-1.jpg

Capcom had a recent sales update on their website for their “Platinum” sellers. Resident Evil 2 Remake has now sold through more than 13.1 million copies followed by Resident Evil 3 Remake at 8 million copies. The newly launched Resident Evil 4 Remake has sold 5.4 million copies. The combined total of these three remakes is 26.5 million, which is a staggering number. This covers the period from January 2019, when Resident Evil 2 Remake was released until September 30, 2023.

resident-evil-3-ps5-scaled.jpg

If you are interested in checking more of the sales data, you can take a look at the Platinum sellers list that was updated by Capcom. Here are some of the best-selling Resident Evil games based on the data shared by Capcom.

• Resident Evil 2 Remake (13.10M)
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard (12.70M)
  • Resident Evil 5 (8.90M)
  • Resident Evil 6 (8.90M)
  • Resident Evil Village (8.70M)
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake (8M)
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake (5.40M)
Other notable entries include Devil May Cry 5 and Street Fighter V at 7.40M, Monster Hunter World at 19.10M, Monster Hunter Rise at 13.60M, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy at 2.60M.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well deserved
200w.gif

Even RE3R which was weakest one among the three, still super fun to play.

Lord willing, Silent Hill 2 remake shall surpass all of these COMBINED
Based on who developing that remake, I highly doubtful but I hope so….I fucking loved SH series.

But Konami treating SH series like garbage.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Now we need that Code Veronica Remake, RE Zero Remake, Revelations 3 and the trailer for RE9 on the new engine let's go!!

Code Veronica first....RE Zero... son of a bitch.. I don't want this remake, but I would be pleasantly surprised if they changed some stuff around from the original game and made it a bit more approachable... namely the fucking Ape Escape crew, fucking shit up. :messenger_loudly_crying: 💀

MacReady13

resident-evil-4-remake-review-1.jpg

Capcom had a recent sales update on their website for their “Platinum” sellers. Resident Evil 2 Remake has now sold through more than 13.1 million copies followed by Resident Evil 3 Remake at 8 million copies. The newly launched Resident Evil 4 Remake has sold 5.4 million copies. The combined total of these three remakes is 26.5 million, which is a staggering number. This covers the period from January 2019, when Resident Evil 2 Remake was released until September 30, 2023.

resident-evil-3-ps5-scaled.jpg

If you are interested in checking more of the sales data, you can take a look at the Platinum sellers list that was updated by Capcom. Here are some of the best-selling Resident Evil games based on the data shared by Capcom.

• Resident Evil 2 Remake (13.10M)
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard (12.70M)
  • Resident Evil 5 (8.90M)
  • Resident Evil 6 (8.90M)
  • Resident Evil Village (8.70M)
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake (8M)
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake (5.40M)
Other notable entries include Devil May Cry 5 and Street Fighter V at 7.40M, Monster Hunter World at 19.10M, Monster Hunter Rise at 13.60M, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy at 2.60M.

Sales numbers are good and all but, the real question I want answered is, how many hours did players interact with these games??? That surely is a better metric of success than sales, right???

Top Bottom