• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Confirms More Resident Evil Remakes Are Coming

Elysium44

Banned
Have people not played RE4 remake?

They plant a gigantic signpost at the end that the 5 remake's coming. They might as well scream it.

I can only sigh then, RE5 is already graphically great, plays great and has AAA voice acting (and music), it cannot be improved upon. They will just remake it with C-grade voice actors like they did RE4 remake but I suppose people will still say it's 10/10 and I'm in a minority.

Last edited:

Matt_Fox

Cant wait, the most action-packed Resident Evil game! So much fun...

O0LL9eS.png

n1K52nv.jpg

6AyGxgt.jpg

qDZ5lHf.jpg

0iedkGX.jpg

gyY07sF.jpg

PanzerCute

I mostly agree that RE5 is not a very good Resident Evil title, but as a stand-game, I thoroughly enjoy playin' in split screen, I beat the game 3 or 4 times, with my then girlfriend, my young brother and a friend. I would love to re-play the game with better technology.
Agree. It was really a fun coop game. We laughed so much with a friend spamming the "call your team mate" button.

Sheva sheva sheva sheva CHRIS CHRIS sheva sheva CHRIS sheva CHRIS CHRIS sheva CHRIS sheva

Good (stoner) times!

Phobos Base

RE1 doesn't need a remake, the existing one is perfect. CV would be a prime candidate since it's a good game with several major flaws, but not sure if they could keep the aspects that will inevitably be deemed problematic.

lol if you think RE5 is too insensitive for the modern purple crowd - which sadly seems to have infested Capcom, judging by the RE4make dialogue changes - then CV is completely out of question. That game's villain is an alleged woman who's in reality a deranged cross dresser who fucks his sister. While the main plot is often not moving forward because some horny white kid is too distracted by Claire's ass to get shit done.

Which is dumb, because CV was one of the few games that ever needed a complete remake as it was just wasn't that fun to play.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

It's gotta be 1 remake and CV together next year I reckon, then RE9 in 2025
Yeah, I'm thinking RE1 is closer than many may think. I know people keep saying it's already been remade, which yeah, it has, but almost over 2 decades ago. RE1 getting the over the shoulder treatment with RE engine and then some just makes more sense than anything else to me at the moment. Of course it's also something I really want, lol. I honestly thought we would've heard about it during the 25th anniversary.

Matt_Fox

Look how impressively this holds up visually! This doesn't need a remake in the slightest, in my opinion.

Yes Resident Evil 5 was a fine looking game, but there's always room for improvement. Resi 4 Remake looked notably better and that was cross gen. I strongly suspect Capcom will go next gen only for this title to make their best looking Resident Evil to date.

SkylineRKR

I hope its RE5. I reckon it will be extremely fun to play in co-op. After so many single player games again, why not.

RE1 would be good too, REmake itself is over 20 years old and played largely the same as the original. And CV ofcourse, as the original wasn't that well paced.

SHA

If we count the remaining remakes, it's less than 5 ,unless they start "original remakes" then the numbers keeps multiplying.

Last edited:

Doom85

RE 5 remake is definitely happening, even if they do Code Veronica or hell even 0 as well first, but the ending of 4 Remake was a clear indicator 5 will happen.

Can‘t wait to see my #1 RE lady once again!

Flirty Reaction GIF

Svejk

Would prefer 0 and a Re-Remake of 1, then Code Veronica. Feel like 5 and 6 still need some time.

Mr Hyde

RE Code Veronica and RE 5 next! Revelations could be cool with a bigger budget. The setting on the cruise ship could make for a great adventure. Don´t bother with RE6 and Revelations 2 though.

Valt7786

As long as they fully rewrite 6 when they get to it, im all in. The more RE the better as far as im concerned.
Except for 6, because it was garbage. Utter, utter flaming dogshit garbage.

Stafford

If one is coming next year, then Dusk Golem is wrong. He said a big Capcom game is coming late next year and it isn't a RE Remake game. I hope this ain't it.

Diddy X

1 and zero probably, those are still with the old gameplay and would benefit the most from a remake so should be easier to sell, remake of 5 or 6 could flop easily and kill the want for more remakes.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Hell yeah.
I don't know how capcom is doing it but they make this seem effortless. so good

Gojiira

Seperate Ways ending literally hints at 5 remake given Wesker refers to his new partner which is I forget her name (Excella? Something like that)…
Tbh Id rather they remake Outbreak next and Code Veronica but we’ll see

Apocryphon

I think they will combine 1 and 0. RE2R showed they can do over the shoulder in tight spaces. I’d expect it to feel and play more like RE2R (perhaps with the RE3R dodge) than RE4R.

Roni

Gold Member
I think they will combine 1 and 0. RE2R showed they can do over the shoulder in tight spaces. I’d expect it to feel and play more like RE2R (perhaps with the RE3R dodge) than RE4R.
Hope you're right, but I'm not holding my breath. After 3 and 4, 2 seems to have been a bone thrown to old fans to help give the brand a breath of fresh air.

MiguelItUp

I can only sigh then, RE5 is already graphically great, plays great and has AAA voice acting (and music), it cannot be improved upon. They will just remake it with C-grade voice actors like they did RE4 remake but I suppose people will still say it's 10/10 and I'm in a minority.
Of course it can, much like the previous games have been. It being an older title just means it can be improved in a variety of ways. Even if it aged well and still plays well IMO. Not a bad thing by any means.

That's an interesting opinion, but to each their own. I'm sure there are others that agree, even if there aren't many. I think the majority were more than happy, honestly. Personally I thought RE4 Remake's voice work was great, the only "issue" people had AFAIK was Ada's voice. But to be honest I'd blame the director before blaming the actress.

Last edited:
Top Bottom