• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake Gold Edition Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member

Enjoy Resident Evil 4 to its fullest with the base game, Separate Ways story DLC, and an Extra DLC Pack with Resident Evil 4 Gold Edition! The action-packed The Mercenaries mode is also available as a free DLC.Resident Evil 4 Gold EditionRelease date: Feb. 9, 2024Platforms: PlayStation®5、PlayStation®4、Xbox Series X|S、SteamGenre: Survival HorrorNo. of Players: 1

Last edited:
Might finally pick up - only one I played was resident evil 5 and it wasn’t really my vibe. But always heard this is a classic

FeastYoEyes

Maybe they will have an upgrade path on Steam now? I have Separate Ways and the base game but 20 bucks to get all of the DLC costumes is nuts.

Btw, the physical release for the Gold Edition in the West will release in March and in Europe only. No NA physical release. :lollipop_pensive:

image.png

Shin-Ra

RE4’s now 76.46GB on PS5 at version 1.200.000

Includes optional:
– 11GB Seperate Ways
– 3GB VR MODE

Capcom could easily fit the fully updated game on one BD-100. Possibly even a BD-66.

A Switch 2 version would need substantial reductions to fit on an affordable game card.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Dear Capcom,

Please stop re-re-releasing this game. We both know that I’m going to keep buying it, and frankly my poor wallet can’t take it.

But also please release this on Switch 2.

Well, the Gold Edition is digital only in the US of A, are you in the US of A ?
If not, you could take it back and get the gold instead 😘
I'm from Europe, and yeah I can still return it, but that sexy steelbook....

Anyway, I paid €25 for this steelbook version so I think I'll keep it and buy the Separate Ways DLC digitally since it's just €10 (don't care about the Extra DLC Pack).

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
lmao at people celebrating the 800th version of RE4, and yet legit having panic attacks when TLOU gets 1 little remaster. The hypocrisy is crazy. Druckmann, rent free.

Papa_Wisdom

How much is it? If I can buy normal resi evil 4 on disk for £25 or so and the separate ways dlc is like £7?

Wouldn’t mind the complete edition on disk but I can get it cheaper separately like above I might as well do that.

I actually have not gotten around of getting the game so I'll definitely be getting the gold edition. shame no physical copy available in the US thou.

zokie

Btw, the physical release for the Gold Edition in the West will release in March and in Europe only. No NA physical release. :lollipop_pensive:

image.png

my good friend in another NSFW thread , asia has the physical copy for PS5 but it has download codes

i am glad i waited for the Gold Edition and i am enjoying it everyday
Capcom started the Gold Edition thing with Resident Evil 5 on PS3

Last edited:

Ristifer

Finally playing through this right now. Having a blast. Though, the merchant is a little too talkative in this remake. Definitely prefer the original merchant. But that’s my only beef with the remake thus far.

radewagon

As one of the many people who has played RE4, like, a million times, I was absolutely gobsmacked by how much I loved the remake. Separate ways was even good enough to justify being a separate purchase.

Papa_Wisdom

I see the Xbox version has had a price cut on the digital store.

Really want it but I’m bloody skint atm!

I will play this at some point

my good friend in another NSFW thread , asia has the physical copy for PS5 but it has download codes

i am glad i waited for the Gold Edition and i am enjoying it everyday
Capcom started the Gold Edition thing with Resident Evil 5 on PS3

Happy that you're happy my friend, and although the price is good (they put a listing up at my local game store for €45) I don't think I'm going to pick it up exactly because the DLC is a download code. Disappointed that Capcom keeps doing this as I own Resi 8 Gold Edition and they did the same there. Oh well, I'm content with Resi 4 Steelbook Edition copy I have on Xbox and I'll be buying the DLC there when it will be on sale.

Last edited:
No... wtf this is something I've been anticipating.
To be fair, 3rd party sellers on Amazon US will most likely import it and sell it in NA. The bigger issue is that apparently the DLC is not included on the disc and it's just a download code, meaning that you'll need an EU PSN account to redeem it as these download codes are not region free (thanks Sony!). Base game should ofc work on your US PSN account without any problems.

gamer82

i still havent played my copy yet i had intentions of trying psvr2 and just havent . i did try res4 on quest icouldn't get on with it was giving me headches and kind ruined the game for me.

At some point i will sit down and play this i doubt im going to get sony vr now since theres no where to test before buying it.

After i finish lous 2 remastered ,just playing through abbeys section im assuming theres not much left.

Last edited:
To be fair, 3rd party sellers on Amazon US will most likely import it and sell it in NA. The bigger issue is that apparently the DLC is not included on the disc and it's just a download code, meaning that you'll need an EU PSN account to redeem it as these download codes are not region free (thanks Sony!). Base game should ofc work on your US PSN account without any problems.
Then yeah, it doesn't matter to me anyway. What junk. You'd think a game this big they would do it right, push it out, have the DLC on disc.

Top Bottom