• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 VR Mode - Dev Diaries

Romulus

I would if it were on PC but I'm not buy a new VR headset for it. It really sucks because i'd love to hook up my Quest 3 to my PC to play this.

I think the PC mod is good at this stage no? I played the RE2 remake months back and it was incredible.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I can't imagine fans of this game not playing it this way. Absolutely insane.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm still having a ton of fun with it, but overall I think that RE4 VR for Quest 2 was much better, and this port is kind of a downgrade compared to Village. It's kinda annoying that the interactivity has been reduced that much. I get that this is a more action oriented game but I don't get the logic behind the removal of punching, pistol whipping, knife throwing, and other physics-based interactions like that.

Also, the sniper rifle scopes suck hard. I can barely see anything through those things.

Last edited:

Romulus

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm still having a ton of fun with it, but overall I think that RE4 VR for Quest 2 was much better, and this port is kind of a downgrade compared to Village. It's kinda annoying that the interactivity has been reduced that much. I get that this is a more action oriented game but I don't get the logic behind the removal of punching, pistol whipping, knife throwing, and other physics-based interactions like that.

I agree, but the full interactivity thing is sort is something I'd trade for the visuals any day. I love the Quest version too. The melee interactions looked super jank anyway on Quest, even though it worked.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Yea, I'm on Chapter 10 and I really enjoy the experience but for me, I feel like it loses something with the transition to VR. I feel like the game is just better suited for a white knuckle experience in third-person but in VR, it just feels like an arcade mode to me. It's damn fun and I'm glad to have access to it, not trying to dog it. I have seen click bait videos on YT saying it's the best VR game ever. No, not even close and it doesn't even make sense to say that because Village is an objectively better VR game 99% of the time.

Resenge

Yea, I'm on Chapter 10 and I really enjoy the experience but for me, I feel like it loses something with the transition to VR. I feel like the game is just better suited for a white knuckle experience in third-person but in VR, it just feels like an arcade mode to me. It's damn fun and I'm glad to have access to it, not trying to dog it. I have seen click bait videos on YT saying it's the best VR game ever. No, not even close and it doesn't even make sense to say that because Village is an objectively better VR game 99% of the time.
I appreciate your opinion, but dissagree.

It is much better in VR personally interactivity be damned. You have much more interactivity in VR over the flat version anyway so I cannot understand this argument. Sure it would be nice to have more, but I am not a VR snob and just love being able to wield my guns instead of pressing a button on a controller, the combat and exploration on a flat screen is not anywhere close as fun imo.

I am not a VR forever, flat screen never person, I love flat screen games but I sure appreciate a good VR port.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member

Also, the sniper rifle scopes suck hard. I can barely see anything through those things.
are there any comparisons on RE4 VR out there? I was thinking about getting the Quest game but I have the TV version of RE4 PS5 and it's like, do I want to play through this twice, even if the newer one is a remake.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I appreciate your opinion, but dissagree.

It is much better in VR personally, interactivity be damned as you have much more interactivity in VR over the flat version anyway so I cannot understand this argument. Sure it would be nice to have more, but I am not a VR snob and just love being able to wield my guns instead of pressing a button on a controller, the combat and exploration on a flat screen is not anywhere close as fun imo.

I am not a VR forever, flat screen never person, I love flat screen games but I sure appreciate a good VR port.
I feel like Village is a better VR game because it just has more weight to it, if that makes sense. I kinda get the argument about RE4 feeling like an arcade game. The constant action has kind of a numbing effect that makes the whole experience feel less immersive, when Village was more measured and slower, and definitely much scarier.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
are there any comparisons on RE4 VR out there? I was thinking about getting the Quest game but I have the TV version of RE4 PS5 and it's like, do I want to play through this twice, even if the newer one is a remake.
The Quest version is based on the original RE4, so it's a much different game from the remake, I don't think that you would feel like playing the same thing twice. Plus the change of perspective makes the gameplay feel very different as well.

Resenge

I feel like Village is a better VR game because it just has more weight to it, if that makes sense. I kinda get the argument about RE4 feeling like an arcade game. The constant action has kind of a numbing effect that makes the whole experience feel less immersive, when Village was more measured and slower, and definitely much scarier.
Maybe, I guess its subjective.

I loved Village too but didn't think it was scary, I personally thought Quest RE4, PSVR2 RE4 and Village were more of an action game in VR than horror for me, I was running around shooting zombies in the face on hard difficulity on all of those without any problems. If anything VR makes them too easy which takes away that scare factor for me anyway.

RE7 on PSVR scared the shit out of me though, some awesome atmosphere inside the baker house whilst in VR. :messenger_fearful:

Last edited:
I would if it were on PC but I'm not buy a new VR headset for it. It really sucks because i'd love to hook up my Quest 3 to my PC to play this.

Yeah the sooner you come to terms with the realisation that Capcom won't bring any VR to PC the better. The praydog mods are as close as we're going to get.

Top Bottom