• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil Live-Action Movie Reportedly in Development

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

There have been seven Resident Evil live-action films thus far, and it seems an eighth is now in development. While Sony has not made any official announcements, information on a new movie has seemingly come from the city of Sudbury, Ontario, where Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City was filmed. As noticed by Bloody Disgusting, the city's official website mentions that the production company Raccoon HG Film Productions is receiving $2 million in funds from the provincial government. The funds are for a movie called "The Umbrella Chronicles," and Raccoon HG Film Productions was the same production company on Welcome to Raccoon City.

Fret Runner

Well, the only way is up for live-action RE related things after this shitshow... hopefully
tbGtgD.gif

I think they should produce George Romero’s final draft of Resident Evil, maybe after having a modern decent screenwriter give it a tuneup.

I'm at the point now where the movies are so depressingly dead and void of life that I will happily go to watch this shit show for trainwreck popcorn munching time. Bring it on.

Doom85

I'm still sitting here wondering what they did to leon in the last one.

ec9be0be86a133b40439e326f067564d.gif

The last one? Still better than the Anderson films where they make him work for WESKER of all people (remember in the 4th game where Leon accuses Ada of working for Wesker with contempt in his voice? Guess Anderson doesn’t), oh and killing Barry off with no fanfare, who is also working for Wesker despite game Barry also never doing that willingly because Anderson doesn’t give a shit about these characters save for using them as cheerleaders for his wife Milla, err, I mean, Alice, the character who is totally not the most blatant Mary Sue ever.

radewagon

This doesn't concern me in the slightest. Bad RE live-action adaptations are an important part of the Matrix's simulation. If the RE movies/shows were good, we'd all cease to believe the simulation and wake up from our slime pods.

Arachnid

They can say everything right just like the last entry and it will still be terrible. I have no faith in live action movies anymore. Even the CGI movies are losing me after Vendetta and the actionfest trailer for Death Island.

Remember when they did 2 trilogies of them that already looked like parodies and then retconned literally everything with the last movie?

They basically made all the previous movies useless with the last one and it still ended up being a terrible movie.

Raonak

Banned
I know i'm borderline insane, but I liked both the Alice RE Movies and even the Netflix RE show.

I honestly prefer them to the CG movies which are boring to watch.

Top Bottom