• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is increasing the price of Xbox Series X and Xbox Game Pass

Rossco EZ

@Riky DarkMage619 DarkMage619 You both have some explaining to do.

Bored Come On GIF
they are waiting for the updated script 😉

Godot25

Banned
Cheeky Microsoft
"You will up the price of Game Pass because of Activision Blizzard"
Microsoft raise price of Game Pass before Activision Blizzard

I mean. It was expected at this point. Only positive is that they gave a heads up since price is supposed to go up August 1st so you can still buy a console for "old" price and that Series S is staying at same price.

But that Game Pass increase really stings. They should have announce that Family plan already to reduce the sting but...

Well. I'm still subscribe until 2024 so it is time to stock up codes for next three years.

Last edited:
This you?

Come on, where is that same energy?

You were all over that 33 page thread of outrage. I bet this one won't go nearly as far. Just like the Forza "always online" fizzled like a wet fart and did not balloon like the GT7 one did prior before mods shut it down.
Market is completely different, Microsoft maintained their prices for as long as they could and you can't come in with comments I made ages ago as some sort gotcha, grow up boy.

Kacho

Interesting. So they're raising the hardware price in certain markets like Sony did, but the US, and Japan of all places, are excluded.

I don't fuck with Game Pass so that's pretty whatever.

I can’t believe they’re moving on to the squeeze phase already.

Quality has already gone down the toilet, and now the price increase.

The demand for the consoles isn’t there at the current price points. What are they doing?
Its because of Starfield, this was the plan all a long. Once the AAA games start rolling out they were going to start increasing the prices.

Del_X

The power of Starfield is just this strong, huh?

I bought some game pass codes while they were on sale recently so that’s good. I thought they would raise it $2/month to more closely match the price of two full priced retail games per year.

Three

Interesting. So they're raising the hardware price in certain markets like Sony did, but the US, and Japan of all places, are excluded.

I don't fuck with Game Pass so that's pretty whatever.
Japan already got the hike earlier in the year:

Another one 5 months later would probably flatline xbox there.

Last edited:

Zuzu

They might be striking now while the iron is hot.

With Starfield they know they’ve got us all on the hook. It’s the must-play blockbuster so while gamers will grumble they’ll still pay up to play it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom