• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matrix - Path of Neo thread: is it a glitch in the Matrix when Shiny screws us twice?

JackFrost2012 said:
The ending is basically the Wachowski Bros. killing off the last few remaining stragglers who still have some goodwill for the Matrix franchise in 2005.

"GO AWAY!" they say. "The Matrix kinda sucked! Even we have come to accept that, now. You should too."

That's pretty much a perfectly accurate appraisal.

Damn hilarious though. It's almost impossible to imagine a time when anyone took the Matrix films seriously. I would LOVE to read some behind the scenes stuff on how the sequels failed so miserably.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
:lol :lol :lol
When I heard "We are the Champions" I just lost it!
BEST ENDING EVER!!!

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
civilstrife said:
That's a pretty much a perfectly accurate appraisal.

Damn hilarious though. It's almost impossible to imagine a time when anyone took the Matrix films seriously. I would LOVE to read some behind the scenes stuff on how the sequels failed so miserably.

Well, the problems with Reloaded and Revolutions become apparent if you sit down and ask yourself during each fight "Ok, so why is this action scene happening?"

In the original Matrix, every single action bit and fight had a specific purpose to move the story forward. In the sequels, they're mindless FX scenes to stroke the ego of effects houses that worked on the movies. They became nothing more than an excuse for people to wear a cool shirt that said "hey I worked on shitty matrix movies I'm better than you!"

That said, Path of Neo is easily the best of the three Matrix games but that's not too hard to do.

Matlock

Banned
ManaByte said:
Well, the problems with Reloaded and Revolutions become apparent if you sit down and ask yourself during each fight "Ok, so why is this action scene happening?"

In the original Matrix, every single action bit and fight had a specific purpose to move the story forward. In the sequels, they're mindless FX scenes to stroke the ego of effects houses that worked on the movies. They became nothing more than an excuse for people to wear a cool shirt that said "hey I worked on shitty matrix movies I'm better than you!"

Y'know, that's easily transposed onto the shoulders of Star Wars.

civilstrife said:
That's a pretty much a perfectly accurate appraisal.

If your talking boxoffice....well the sequels nearly grossed a total of nearly $1.2 billion worldwide and Reloaded was recieved well enough with 75% critical approval seen at Rottentomatoes...now it was by Revolution that was critially panned though.

Still regarding how the directors handled it, they were always absent from pratically most promotions, not doing commentaries, wierd stories of sex changes popped-up and such.

Haha, it's hilarious seeing their short commentary on the ending in the game in their archiac graphic glory. But that song sealed the deal!!

It's obvious that being a martyr for anything is "lame". :lol :lol

This game deserves at least a ONE review score of 10/10 JUST for the fucking ending.

:lol :lol

Not to derail the thread further, but is anybody as interested as I am in seeing whatever else the Wachowskis direct?

Clearly, they have some degree of talent. The first Matrix didn't write and direct itself. How would they do with an entirely new franchise?
Personally I'd love to see them do a comic book adaptation which is what the first Matrix pretty much was.

civilstrife said:
Clearly, they have some degree of talent. The first Matrix didn't write and direct itself. How would they do with an entirely new franchise?
Personally I'd love to see them do a comic book adaptation which is what the first Matrix pretty much was.

Like V for Vendetta, for example? O:)

civilstrife said:
That's pretty much a perfectly accurate appraisal.

I think my favorite quote was from Laurence Fishburne saying that Reloaded and Revolutions were the first and only movies he had ever agreed to do before reading the script :lol :lol :lol

GG-Duo

Dark Age Iron Savior said:
Has anyone ever done that "lot of shit flying together to make the end boss" thing before?

because if not, these bastards have ruined a stupid but awesome idea :(

megaman?

btw, can anyone set up a mirror for these files?

LakeEarth

Dammit its loading so slow. I'm only halfway through Atari-Wachoski's talking to me and I can't believe what I'm seeing.

EDIT - Legion from Castlevania

Tortfeasor

That ending was worse than the last 30 min of MGS2. :lol

The idea that you actually had to bring the brothers into the game to explain and make excuses for the giant steaming crap sandwich that they are about to feed you after spending 10 hours in their "universe" is one of the crowning moments in the game industry’s pantheon of terrible game design choices.

----

Banned
Dave Perry should never be allowed to make another video game again. He shouldn't be allowed to do anything in the video game industry ever again.

Snaku

Banned
---- said:
Dave Perry should never be allowed to make another video game again. He shouldn't be allowed to do anything in the video game industry ever again.

Burried in the pile of Atari E.T. games? Sounds appropriate. :D

Mallrat83

Banned
---- said:
After an ending like that? Fuck, in my opinion, the man should be able to do whatever game he wants to do no matter the budget.

Snaku

Banned
Mallrat83 said:
After an ending like that? Fuck, in my opinion, the man should be able to do whatever game he wants to do no matter the budget.

Well the Wachowski's are responsible for the end. Perry is responsible for the shitty game attached to it.

Hmmm... Is it totally weird of me to think that this ending is a complete ripoff of the end of Conker's bad Fur Day, which is in itself a parody of the Matrix?

Brannon

The Wachowskis made me laugh my ass off. Holy shit.

Dave Perry and his crew, on the other hand....

Gerbils, anuses and the Armageddon don't seem to be enough for them.

Mason

Honestly, this sounded a lot funnier when I was reading it in this thread. Actually seeing the video of the Smiths becoming one giant Smith makes me realize it seems like something that would fit in the Matrix universe.

The Wachowski intro and the Queen sing-a-long are still huge what the fucks though.

I am Ready to March bravely into that Dark Night for the Matrix!

We are the CHamp!! Oh God.

Feel for the One that actually had to play to the end to record This. We Salute you oh braveone!

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
This is a conspiracy. Somehow there is something fake about this. This whole situation is too fucking funny to be real. Or maybe its GOTY. I just don't know anymore... -_-

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
You know, the lighting they do in the game is extremely impressive for the PS2. Where were these artists when Ubi was porting the Splinter Cell games to the PS2?

Porridge

Dark Age Iron Savior said:
Has anyone ever done that "lot of shit flying together to make the end boss" thing before?

because if not, these bastards have ruined a stupid but awesome idea :(

the anime Akira

Anyway, Andy and Linda Wachowski -- amazing. bitter little babies who chose a hasbeen studio to create their game. but it'll sell out everywhere so they've done their job.

shuri said:
The ending is the craziest, most fucked up hilarious ending to a game to, it seems

According to Mrs. Badcrumble at the SA forums
Basically, when you kill Super Smith like in the end of Revolutions, the other regular Smiths everywhere say that all that Jesus stuff wouldn't work in a videogame, so they all jump together along with debris and cars and chunks of buildings and take those sunglasses off of a billboard. Then they fight you in that giant Smith form, and when you kill that, the ending is basically the same as in the films except Neo isn't dead, and then after that it shows everybody in Zion singing Queen's "We Are The Champions." I shit you not. It's retarded and the Wachowskis must hate everyone and I have no idea how Shiny let them do that.

Also this was confirmed by another poster putting up a screenshot of the final boss and a scan of the manual :lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol

Can't believe nobody has done it yet

NeoWhoa.jpg

Aside from the madness, I was going through the vids and the Neo-Seraph fight is a scene for scene steal from
B00005V1Y2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

C'mon, thats pretty darn cool.

8bit

Knows the Score
I've never seen either Reloaded or Revolutions, so this is as good a sequel as I could have hoped for.

DeadTrees

Wait! I have witnessed an even MORE shocking alternate ending for Path of Neo! Sadly, I was not able to get screencaps, but my trusty secretary Beulah was able to make an accurate transcription...prepared to be shocked!

[Interior of Zion]

WEEEEEEEEE ARE THE CHAAAAMPIONS...MY FRIIIIIIEEEEENNNN-(sound of record scratch)

[We are now back in the white room with the Wachowski...siblings.]

NON-TRANNIE: So...how did you like the blue pill, YOU FUCKING LOSER?

(Both of them cackle hysterically and high-five each other for several minutes.)

TRANNIE: And just think, my cut from your $50 will go towards a new butt plug! For me!

NON-TRANNIE: Well, I hope that actualizing your gun-fu fantasies for a few hours has filled the void in your meaningless, consumer-driven existance. Which, of course, will be followed by the cold, immutable, irreversible stillness of your death.

TRANNIE: Ooooh, that plug'll fill MY void, if you know what I mean!

(Laughter. Fade to black. Commence ten-minute credit crawl, backed by both siblings' nonstop laughter and hooting.)

THE END (of the franchise).

PS "Simulacron-3" by Daniel F. Galouye was the first virtual reality book/story/movie/whatever. Or so I've heard.

eshwaaz

HyperZone<3 said:
Can't believe nobody has done it yet

NeoWhoa.jpg

Aside from the madness, I was going through the vids and the Neo-Seraph fight is a scene for scene steal from

The whole concept of having sequences that are homages to some the most memorable movie martial arts fights and gunplay battles is a great idea. It's just a shame that it was wasted on this game.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
HyperZone<3 said:

I thought I was familiar with Iron Monkey as I own like 3 different copies of the movie but I'm not sure what scene in IM you're comparing to the Neo-Seraph scene... off the top of my head the only thing that is close to similar would be the scene where Iron Monkey fights Wong Kei-Ying on the roof, and even that is reaching... what sequence are you referring to?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
DarienA said:
I thought I was familiar with Iron Monkey as I own like 3 different copies of the movie but I'm not sure what scene in IM you're comparing to the Neo-Seraph scene... off the top of my head the only thing that is close to similar would be the scene where Iron Monkey fights Wong Kei-Ying on the roof, and even that is reaching... what sequence are you referring to?

From the footage I've seen I think he is referring to the fight on the poles above the fire which is taken exactly from the end if Iron Monkey.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Schafer said:
From the footage I've seen I think he is referring to the fight on the poles above the fire which is taken exactly from the end if Iron Monkey.

But the final sequence in Iron Monkey is a 2-1 against Hiu Hing. I'm just not making the correlation.... if he's talking about fights on top of poles in general... shit we've seen that in tons of MA movies over the years.... but bringing up Iron Monkey allows me to point out that folks are doing themselves a disservice if they only watch the US DVD release... for some reason that release has an edited version of the final fight... NO idea why they did that....

Top Bottom