• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matrix - Path of Neo thread: is it a glitch in the Matrix when Shiny screws us twice?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Kolgar said:
So Path of Neo has been in stores all weekend. Who's got it? Impressions please!

What it has?!?!?!

EDIT:

Just called 2 local EB's, they don't have it, and just checked a local Gamestop and local Funcoland... same answer from all 4 stores, tomorrow, although it shows up as available now in my Gamefly queue....

shuri

Banned
The ending is the craziest, most fucked up hilarious ending to a game to, it seems

According to Mrs. Badcrumble at the SA forums
Basically, when you kill Super Smith like in the end of Revolutions, the other regular Smiths everywhere say that all that Jesus stuff wouldn't work in a videogame, so they all jump together along with debris and cars and chunks of buildings and take those sunglasses off of a billboard. Then they fight you in that giant Smith form, and when you kill that, the ending is basically the same as in the films except Neo isn't dead, and then after that it shows everybody in Zion singing Queen's "We Are The Champions." I shit you not. It's retarded and the Wachowskis must hate everyone and I have no idea how Shiny let them do that.

Also this was confirmed by another poster putting up a screenshot of the final boss and a scan of the manual :lol :lol :lol

Snaku

Banned
shuri said:
The ending is the craziest, most fucked up hilarious ending to a game to, it seems

Basically, when you kill Super Smith like in the end of Revolutions, the other regular Smiths everywhere say that all that Jesus stuff wouldn't work in a videogame, so they all jump together along with debris and cars and chunks of buildings and take those sunglasses off of a billboard. Then they fight you in that giant Smith form, and when you kill that, the ending is basically the same as in the films except Neo isn't dead, and then after that it shows everybody in Zion singing Queen's "We Are The Champions." I shit you not. It's retarded and the Wachowskis must hate everyone and I have no idea how Shiny let them do that.

Also this was confirmed by another poster putting up a screenshot of the final boss and a scan of the manual :lol :lol :lol

ROFLMAO! I need a video of this asap!! :lol :lol :lol

DarienA

shuri said:

WTF? I thought you left this forum?

EDIT: I just read the thread... and took a look at the screenshots... my biggest issue is that the meters on both screens don't seem to match up...

Still this is going to be some hilarious shit that I just have to see first hand if it's true.

jett

D-Member
shuri said:

Dear God. I thought this franchise was dead and buried, but it seems the Wachowskis felt like exhumating the corpse and beating it with the ugly stick.

Zer0

Banned
i havre played the xbox and ps2 versions and for my surprise the xbox is much worse,the framerate stinks.the game its good,excellent fights

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Zer0 said:
i havre played the xbox and ps2 versions and for my surprise the xbox is much worse,the framerate stinks.the game its good,excellent fights

game is going to get awful reviews. I know someone who just finished it...though he better get back to me about that ending :lol controls are awful, ps1 like character models, etc.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
shuri said:

......words can not describe how bad of an idea that is.....it's impossible...

winter

So I bought the game earlier today against my better judgement. Consider me fooled twice. Shame on me.

It's terrible. I mean really embarrassing awful. So bad that the only thing I want to do right now is hunt down Dave Perry, shove the game up his ass, and take $50 out of his wallet.

I've only played about 2 hours but I dare say that this game may be worse than EtM. Absolutely none of the core mechanics of EtM have been improved upon. Same clunky melee combat with terrible collission detection and seemingly no transitions between animations. I just got done a samruai sword fight; I wish I had a capture card or something just to show everyone how embarassingly awkward the animations are. Gunplay has actually become worse now that it uses lockon. The graphics can be absolutely awful at times with some atrocious texture work. Worst of all the game is simply mind numbingly boring. They make you play an extended version of Neo's escape from the office building for about 20 minutes (which plays out completely different than the movie).

I'm pist to say the least. Avoid the game as if it was HIV. At this point, I seriously believe Shiny has become unredeemable. They should be banned from making games altogether.

Zer0

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
game is going to get awful reviews. I know someone who just finished it...though he better get back to me about that ending :lol controls are awful, ps1 like character models, etc.

i absolutly hate the first game,this one its a lot better,the fighting engine is solid and very spectacular,the graphics are nice and some effects are excellent,ps1 like characters? thats bullshit

Ristamar

shuri said:

:lol

Tellaerin

Looks like that's one less game I need to buy this year. Damn shame, too, since I was actually hoping this would be decent.

KingJ2002

LMAO... now this i didnt expect to see in a game like this.

What the hell was shiny thinking when they made the ending? I feel bad for the people who are going to put 50 dollars away for this game only to get a ho-hum experience topped off with an ending like that

:lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
what happened to shiny? seriously.

did they lose some key players? they made some truly great games back in the day...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm shocked, actually. I wasn't all that interested, but it seemed as if they wanted to right the wrongs from EtM and deliver something good. With the extra time and lack of pressure from the movie release, I figured they'd actually pull something off here.

I guess not...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
winter said:
So I bought the game earlier today against my better judgement. Consider me fooled twice. Shame on me.

It's terrible. I mean really embarrassing awful. So bad that the only thing I want to do right now is hunt down Dave Perry, shove the game up his ass, and take $50 out of his wallet.

I've only played about 2 hours but I dare say that this game may be worse than EtM. Absolutely none of the core mechanics of EtM have been improved upon. Same clunky melee combat with terrible collission detection and seemingly no transitions between animations. I just got done a samruai sword fight; I wish I had a capture card or something just to show everyone how embarassingly awkward the animations are. Gunplay has actually become worse now that it uses lockon. The graphics can be absolutely awful at times with some atrocious texture work. Worst of all the game is simply mind numbingly boring. They make you play an extended version of Neo's escape from the office building for about 20 minutes (which plays out completely different than the movie).

I'm pist to say the least. Avoid the game as if it was HIV. At this point, I seriously believe Shiny has become unredeemable. They should be banned from making games altogether.

That coincides with what I've heard elsewhere. Stay away people, far far away.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
KAOS said:
This game has the framerate of a raccoon!

its nocturnal and survives despite urban expansion by rooting through trash?

what does that have to do with anything?

shuri said:

WTF? The Wachowskis bro....er....siblings are just screwing with us now...er even more so I mean.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
why is this a sticky? i smell atari money hats

and if shuri's spoiler ending is actually real, i'm totally renting this game by the end of the week

Spike

I originally posted this way back in the thread where they asked industry insiders what they thought about the Rev controller.

Here's what the esteemed Dave Perry had to say about it:

David Perry
President, Shiny Entertainment

I've been fielding interview questions on this new Nintendo controller for a while now, and besides the obvious stuff, I've been personally hoping for Nintendo to offer custom game interfaces.

Meaning when a developer designs a game, they can very easily design their own interface at the same time. Their interface component would then (at a very low cost) be included in every game box. (Imagine a small "interface' block that clips in the front of a normal controller.)

The main controller (not looking like a remote control) would be designed so you simply plug in the component that came with the game.

Nintendo talked about controllers having too many buttons and turning off non-gamers.

Fair point, but if they honestly have a problem with too many buttons, then this solves that too. For example, on the faceplate that comes with a simple game, they could actually get rid of all unused buttons by not replicating them. If however I want a more complicated game with 10 buttons and a throttle slider on the faceplate for a Mech game, no problem.

This solution covers many needs.

The faceplate can also contain artwork (for that game) and tips, like "FIRE" written under the fire button. Trust me, that will help newbie gamers!

Can you imagine how excited, and then let down I felt when I found out Nintendo nearly delivered this!

I feel a lot of innovation in the original arcade games was increased by the freedom of designers to create new interfaces for their game at the same time. Think Pacman vs. Tempest vs. Missile Command vs. Star Wars vs. Lunar Lander. All radically different but the interface definitely added to the fun.

After toying around with this Revolution remote control, and after fighting my grandparents off it, my prediction is that people will be looking to buy a "normal" controller to plug in.

So thanks Nintendo for trying. I actually respect the effort a lot!

People that know me, know I love big thinking and I LOVE innovation, but I still dream of the day when hardware manufactures stop trying to surprise game developers and actually invite a group of them to brainstorm on the hardware.

It would be a great marketing scoop for them (being designed by the top ten game designers in the world), but it would also deliver a bloody cool console / controller.

Oh well, just five more years and we can try again.

Here was my response at the time:

Spike said:
WhyTF should Dave Perry give his opinions on the Revolution controller? What the hell has he done this gen that warrants him giving his opinion on anything Nintendo-related? Shit, he isn't even give the GameCube the Matrix Path of Neo game. I'm sure there's no Nintendo-only gamers who are Matrix fans, is there?!?!

What has Dave Perry and Shiny done this gen? Enter the Matrix - square tires and all. Yeah, like I really want to hear what he has to say.

Looks like this is just as much a travesty as the EtM square tires debacle. I guess not alot has changed...

HomerSimpson-Man said:
WTF? The Wachowskis bro....er....siblings are just screwing with us now...er even more so I mean.

Explains the "One of a Kind Ending" line in the commercial, though, and frankly, STILL beats the real ending to Revolutions.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
I hate the fact that Perry slyly calls himself one of the top ten games developers in the world in that interview. What a cunt! And after devising Path Of Neo, there's no way he deserves to be considered one of the best 25 games designers in the world. It's a fucking mess.

Matlock

Banned
Wario64 said:
why is this a sticky? i smell atari money hats

and if shuri's spoiler ending is actually real, i'm totally renting this game by the end of the week

"start believing"

DarienA

I hate you people for pulling MY post out of the previous thread and using it as the start of this damn thread.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
BTW folks, a free tag to the first person who encodes a video of the
final fight and Zionites singing Queen
, because:

1 - I want to see it
2 - I'll be damned if these guys get any of my $$ even as a rental

GO GO GO GO GO

Mr Mike

bishoptl said:
, because:

1 - I want to see it

GO GO GO GO GO

If someone can give me a cheat code to jump to the end I'll do this. I'd love a tag.

Snaku

Banned
SailorDaravon said:
So am I to understand we have a sticky thread to basically mock this game? Awesome.

Pretty much. :lol And the Wachowski's thought something like this would piss us off (since it was supposed to be a big middle finger for those that hated the end of Revolutions). Joke's on them. They're just driving this franchise further into the ground, and it's one hell of a train wreck.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Snaku said:
Pretty much. :lol And the Wachowski's thought something like this would piss us off (since it was supposed to be a big middle finger for those that hated the end of Revolutions). Joke's on them. They're just driving this franchise further into the ground, and it's one hell of a train wreck.
You can't be serious. Wow, these guys are REALLY stupid if they thought something even remotely like THIS would piss anybody off. :lol

I had realyl high hopes for this one, and I actually thought they would do a good job with the alternate ending stuff, but alas, they've made a joke out of themselves, which is pretty sad. It seriously isn't that hard to make the ending of Revolutions better, but they some how managed to make it worse....

bishoptl said:
, because:

1 - I want to see it

GO GO GO GO GO

does this apply to me?

Mr Mike

Matlock said:
As well, apparently the PC version was ported by ONE GUY. The PC version also doesn't run for most people.

Ahahahaha.

I hope Atari goes under soon, I really do. After this whole Atari-brand-fetishism, the Enter The Matrix and Driv3r magazine score debacles, and then picking up the Franco-fetishistic Fahrenheit (Hello! Vivendi dropped it because it was shit and origiunally commissioned by another Frenchman. DUH.). Now this car crash. FUCK OFF Atari. Fuck off and die.

MrDaravon

Mr Mike said:
Ahahahaha.

I hope Atari goes under soon, I really do. After this whole Atari-brand-fetishism, the Enter The Matrix and Driv3r magazine score debacles, and then picking up the Franco-fetishistic Fahrenheit (Hello! Vivendi dropped it because it was shit and origiunally commissioned by another Frenchman. DUH.). Now this car crash. FUCK OFF Atari. Fuck off and die.

IAMWTP.

Don't they have the rights to the DBZ games though? I'm sure those probably sell pretty well.

Top Bottom