• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: Xbox originally planed to release 9 exclusive games in 2023

Exclusive games do matter: they are basically big commercials informing gamers why they should buy an Xbox over a PlayStation or vice versa.

You think Sony/MS WANT to spend billions making videogames?

Lognor

Banned
stop bringing this shit up like means anything.
you could literally release 100 games and the guy who releases 2 games gets the ''publisher of the year''
always trying to scrap for wins
No we won't stop. It's important. I look forward to you bringing up Sony winning publisher of the year whenever they do. Don't try to shut down conversation.

Ms was publisher of the year in 2021. You should learn to deal with that fact.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No we won't stop. It's important. I look forward to you bringing up Sony winning publisher of the year whenever they do. Don't try to shut down conversation.

Ms was publisher of the year in 2021. You should learn to deal with that fact.
He, like 99% of everyone on the gaming internet, would have never even known that award was a thing... if it wasn't for the trolling with it. So now that he knows, you only have yourselves to blame if there is "retribution."

Lognor

Banned
He, like 99% of everyone on the gaming internet, would have never even known that award was a thing... if it wasn't for the trolling with it. So now that he knows, you only have yourselves to blame if there is "retribution."
And I don't care. I would never tell someone to stop reminding us about an award that a company won. Who cares? This guy obviously does care and hates to be reminded. He's shown his colors.

And it's not trolling. The trolling is the ppl saying ms hasn't released any good games this gen. That award is a mic drop and it really upsets some people.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And I don't care. I would never tell someone to stop reminding us about an award that a company won. Who cares? This guy obviously does care and hates to be reminded. He's shown his colors.

And it's not trolling. The trolling is the ppl saying ms hasn't released any good games this gen. That award is a mic drop and it really upsets some people.
Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Robb

Gold Member
That’s an extremely optimistic schedule. The only game on that list I could see maybe releasing would be Hellblade 2.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
you could literally release 100 games and the guy who releases 2 games gets the ''publisher of the year''

What shit up? Did they not win it? Did they not release high scoring games? Forza horizon 5 ? Amongst others?

Stop warring every chance you get

phil_t98

#SonyToo

So
It’s ok to keep going on about game of the year? Am sure when god of war wins it this year that you will all go on about it. 🙄🙄🙄

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So
It’s ok to keep going on about game of the year? Am sure when god of war wins it this year that you will all go on about it. 🙄🙄🙄
I barely even talk about awards, let alone brag about them. Don’t include me in you insecure baby nuts war games.

phil_t98

#SonyToo

Referring to me as in “he” ?

Wrong, you need to publish at least 5 distinct games in order to be included in the rankings.

Btw, we wouldn't be bringing this fact up all the time if people would stop with the "Xbox has no games" trolling (or if mods were to sanction such trolling). As long as this doesn't happen, we'll keep bringing it up :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
9 exclusives would be mental. I'd love to see it. Even if half slip to 2024 and they release5 strong exclusives in 2023 that would be crazy to see.

It won't happen but could you imagine.

Starfield
Forza
Hellblade 2
Fable
Avowed

In one year?

That would be bonkers.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Including you, right? Pretty sure I see you in every single Xbox thread ;)

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

Yes you'll definitely see me in the xbox threads, you won't see me in every Switch or PS thread however :pie_thinking:

Wrong, you need to publish at least 5 distinct games in order to be included in the rankings.

Btw, we wouldn't be bringing this fact up all the time if people would stop with the "Xbox has no games" trolling (or if mods were to sanction such trolling). As long as this doesn't happen, we'll keep bringing it up :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

In before someone incorrectly brings up Bethesda contributing to it :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
While 2022 is terrible (mainly because of Starfield and Redfall delays), I fully expect this year to be last "dry" year for Xbox.
Starfield, Redfall, Minecraft Legends, Forza Motorsport, Ara and even Diablo IV (if they will get ActiBlizz deal done). That all should be out before june 2023. But honestly I expect Starfield to be delayed again to second half.
I also think that games like Avowed and Hellblade 2 have huge chance to be out in second half of 2023.

Roberts

While 2022 is terrible (mainly because of Starfield and Redfall delays), I fully expect this year to be last "dry" year for Xbox.
Starfield, Redfall, Minecraft Legends, Forza Motorsport, Ara and even Diablo IV (if they will get ActiBlizz deal done). That all should be out before june 2023. But honestly I expect Starfield to be delayed again to second half.
I also think that games like Avowed and Hellblade 2 have huge chance to be out in second half of 2023.
Yeah, it is no secret 2022 has been super weak for xbox, at least if you think AAA. That said, their timed exclusive indies were great - looking at you, Tunic and Nobody Saves the World. Grounded, As Dusk Falls, FH5 DLC are fantastic games and I have only heard enthusiastic things about Pentiment. But I'm pretty sure that is the last time we can complain about xbox having an AAA draught.

Mobilemofo

So many studios, not enough games. A more suspicious person would accuse them of being a store front for Manchester city. 😄

Top Bottom