• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is your day one Xbox Series X/S faulty

Is your Xbox Series X/S faulty?

• I have a launch unit that has no hardware issues

• I have a launch unit that has hardware issues

• No Xbox, no cry

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chronos24

Only when I first got the system did some games crash completely and the unit would shut off. Luckily that was an OS issue which has since been fixed. Zero issues hardware wise and it's as inaudible as it could be. Very happy with it.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
X and S fine, had a issue with not being able to recognise some of my games from Xb1 on a external hdd. Turns out it was a problem with the hdd and after reformatting hdd it works perfect.

FranXico

My Xbox Series X would not power on for a while. I'd press the power button and the light came on for about 5 seconds and then nothing.. Luckily it fixed itself as it started working fine the next day. The real issue is the beta software. Lots of crashes here and there and some features like quick resume don't always work.
System software issues are also there in the PS5, it seems. These things get ironed out over time.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
No issues here and complete silence no matter what I throw at it.

Like it so much I keep exchanging my PS5 console to make the Series X look even better 😘
*Autistic screeching*
pOsT yOuR iD aS pRoOf

spongebob.jpg

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
don't have it anymore obviously but my day 1 series x died on day 4 lol.

the console randomly powered off and wouldn't turn back on. kept pressing the power button and the fan would spin for a second then stop. there was a burning smell coming from it (actually got a sore head sniffing it). took about 10 minutes before the console would turn back on. went back to playing my game and my controller + wifi kept cutting out and then the screen would flicker on/off and display artifacts.

incase anyone think's i'm lying/trying to shit on Xbox. i'm not. i was really enjoying the console. here's proof i actually bought it/returned it.

Screenshot-267.png

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
The only kinda problem was that I downloaded a game and didn't opened at first. Shut down the console (the standby way), turned again and didn't work. Shut down again (from the cord) and turned on, then worked

Self

Oh, one thing is really weird with my Series X. When I use it in standby mode it just doesn't seem to download or install anything. It doesn't make any sense. There is also no quick option to select standby or complete turn off.
Maybe someone can help me out.

On PS5 I can just select turn off or standby and the console turns off, but keeps downloading and installing stuff in the background.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Oh, one thing is really weird with my Series X. When I use it in standby mode it just doesn't seem to download or install anything. It doesn't make any sense. There is also no quick option to select standby or complete turn off.
Maybe someone can help me out.

On PS5 I can just select turn off or standby and the console turns off, but keeps downloading and installing stuff in the background.
If you have auto download updates on it will download updates once a day in either standby or quick on. (once a day)

Last edited:

Self

If you have auto download updates on it will download updates once a day in either standby or quick on. (once a day)
Thanks mate, that's vital information man!!!

Afair I've only seen the option of total turn off and quick (standby). Are you saying there are 3 options?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Thanks mate, that's vital information man!!!

Afair I've only seen the option of total turn off and quick (standby). Are you saying there are 3 options?
Theres 2 power options. Energy Saving and Quick I think they are called. This simply changes how fast the machine boots. One does a near total shutdown and the other keeps it on standby. Its something like 1 watt vs 10 I think in terms of power consumption.

Theres a different setting that is in regards to downloading updates in the background. If this is on, no matter if the machine is on energy saving or quick, the machine will check in once a day for system updates and game updates.

Top Bottom