• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NXgamer]Armored Core 6 Performance Review - PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs PS4 vs Steam Deck

F4YjkIYaQAAJPQO

F4YjkZ2aUAAxzqt

And also better framerate on PS5....
I think when both are at 60fps the 9% performance advantage on PS5 is translated into higher resolution.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You're better than this lol

Thank you.

I think when both are at 60fps the 9% performance advantage on PS5 is translated into higher resolution.

He says DRS differences are likely, which is always the case with DRS, which is why DF, NXG and VGTech often have different metrics for the same game in their testing.

Last edited:

damidu

DRS delta if 1520p on both most of the time, frame rate give or take identical with differences "invisible to the player".

Let's see how the posters are reacting ..

oh .. oh well ..
lol that’s basically the most you can get from every comparison video this gen.

yet you seemed pretty obsessed with those tiny differences before.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The quality mode shows a clear advantage to ps5 though. That's for certain at the end. So it's probably right for this game. I think elden ring was the same at launch then fixed on series x. I just don't rate this guy. Its more because I play on PC and this guy shills hard to make PC look worse than ps5. I really don't understand it.

Come one bro. You know NXGamer was a gaffer right? He's good people.

adamsapple

Seems decent for a FROM game.
Shame it's not locked 60fps but the level of performance should still look smooth on a VRR display.

Yeah, I think this is the most technically competent From release at launch. They even got (some) RT in there.

They're getting better with console specs, finally.

Last edited:

Fbh

Yeah, I think this is the most technically competent From release at launch. They even got (some) RT in there.

They're getting better with console specs, finally.

Yup.
People complain too much. It wasn't that long ago that console games by FROM were 30 fps with drops and bad frame pacing.
It's still not perfect but framerate in the high 50's at 1440p or higher is a pretty nice upgrade over the last gen experience.

Graphically it might not be a looker but the art direction is nice and, as I've said in other thread, I'd rather have a bit more dated visuals at high framerates and REAL decent resolutions than better graphics at "reconstructed" 1440p from some 800p source.

Lysandros

Woah higher framerate and resolution on PS5 compared to the 12tflops monster?

Cerny really made a well balanced console.
Not even remotely surprising though, since it's using the same engine as Elden Ring which presented a similar situation. Apparently PS5 can have ~23% higher resolution in performance mode but this seems to be uncommon since both systems are at around 1512P most of the time. In performance department PS5 again has a quite modest (~2-8%) advantage in average framerate in both modes.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
People praising the visuals? You guys must love boxy models and gray. 😵‍💫.

10 ploy car models. 1 single poly square for fences and walls. Lots of box containers and low poly landscapes.

I really don’t get what’s tanking this game on consoles.

But I’m playing on pc and don’t want to buy the game twice to see for myself.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Great to have Steam Deck included in the comparisons. Looks like it run pretty good on Deck, especially since you'll be playing it on a smaller screen as opposed to a big hdtv.

Lysandros

Two. It's the two that don't seem to work, though.
1.71 to be specific, not accounting for the difference in compute efficiency between the systems of course. So the difference in real world throughput in this particular GPU metric is another matter.

Crayon

I don't trust NXgamer at all

Is this guy a problem? I still watch df videos even though they are pretty much useless. Like that ioa one they just did - they were so obsessed with dogging the xss version they completely missed that the ps5 version looks way better than the xsx one. Has nxgamer fucked up a lot over the years or is this holdover console war stuff from like ten years ago? There was a kerfuffle right when he first started. I don't remember the details but it turned into a green-blue thing.

Kakax11

Banned
Is this guy a problem? I still watch df videos even though they are pretty much useless. Like that ioa one they just did - they were so obsessed with dogging the xss version they completely missed that the ps5 version looks way better than the xsx one. Has nxgamer fucked up a lot over the years or is this holdover console war stuff from like ten years ago? There was a kerfuffle right when he first started. I don't remember the details but it turned into a green-blue thing.

Well

Crayon

Well

What happened there? I just went through the 41 post and I didn't see anything.

adamsapple

I think its this post:

the graph changes place even though the numbers on the display counter are the same. i-e the tool is not working properly (?)

Crayon

I think its this post:

the graph changes place even though the numbers on the display counter are the same. i-e the tool is not working properly (?)

Do you mean the fps numbers in the corner? I think that's an overlay with the final average on it. The "fps" and the numbers have a drop shadow. I think the only live read of the fps on there is the graph.

Mr Moose

Only Mr Moose Mr Moose can solve this riddle.
Oh does it do that shit in this video as well? :messenger_weary:
Framerate line changes completely within 1 frame (the whole line shifts up, which would be impossible since it's meant to show a few seconds of data) and it doesn't match the fps in the corner either in the Deathloop vid.

Last edited:

Lysandros

Oh does it do that shit in this video as well? :messenger_weary:
Framerate line changes completely within 1 frame (the whole line shifts up, which would be impossible since it's meant to show a few seconds of data) and it doesn't match the fps in the corner either in the Deathloop vid.
Maybe we should tag NXgamer ask him about it. Still don't know how to do it personally.

Kakax11

Banned

I should've made it clear

this Deathloop benchmark PS5 vs PC rtx 2070

DF (i think it was a mistake that they labeled it 2070 super)

20230816_163224.jpg

good guys NXgamer not knowing something is terribly F'd up in their setup

20230816_163012.jpg

Last edited:

BbMajor7th

The most interesting note was the dynamic scaling for effects. Actually really smart when you consider how badly effects (especially screenfilling alpha textures) can tank framerate and how little you'll notice cutbacks in the heat of battle.

Really, really smart work from FS - especially for a title that goes so heavy on the particles.

Top Bottom