• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is the Series S still outselling the Series X?

is the Series S outselling the Series X ?

• yes

Votes: 73 65.8%
  • no

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • they are 50=50

Votes: 17 15.3%

• Total voters
I have a series S and X and a decent pc 3060ti with 3600x 32gb ram and still going to be playing starfield on the S or X probably the S as its in the living room.
I love the S devs complaining that it's holding back just need to put more effort in. In my life time I have played ports of arcade games on a comadore 64 and been
Edit due to replying to wrong thread.

Last edited:
Well if you enjoy playing 30fps/900p sure, great experience.
There is more to enjoying a game than the resolution I have learned.
The small size and quiet power sipping nature of the S appeals to me and it's connected to a small 4k tv so looks fine on there. Being in the living room rather than the office is also nice as I spend plenty of time in the office. I should perhaps move the X to the living room along with the big TV but the S and it's lesser spec really doesn't bother me enough to bother.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
specially when i see all the sales on it i think people that hesitate between the 2 just get the S because it's cheaper
Q8ky77d.jpg

Holy shit 99 euros. That's impulse purchase territory. Which country is it? Here the cheapest version is sold for 270 euros.

France, but you need to sell another console (like XOX / PS4).

More bad faith console war posting. No translation offered by the OP, so what non-french speakers see is "When I see all the sales on it: €99" , as Spyxos Spyxos shows.

Thanks for clarifying, squarealex squarealex .

Codes 208

Even if it were, guess which one has the faster turn around rate (heres a hint, the last time i went to pawn america, i found three series X’s and over two dozen S’s)

Porticus

There is more to enjoying a game than the resolution I have learned.
The small size and quiet power sipping nature of the S appeals to me and it's connected to a small 4k tv so looks fine on there. Being in the living room rather than the office is also nice as I spend plenty of time in the office. I should perhaps move the X to the living room along with the big TV but the S and it's lesser spec really doesn't bother me enough to bother.

Indeed there is, is the combo resolution + frame rate that makes a game enjoyable and that respect the actual creators on how the game was conceived and intended to play.

Playing a game like Starfield on a Series S is simply a disservice to all the several years of works of the employess of BGS, if you have only the Series S is a different matter, but having a Series X and even a better PC makes it for a nonsensical approach to the enjoyment of the art of videogame, not only artistically but mechanically via gameplay, buy a cheap steam link, is gonna be a better experience than the S.

But you do you and play it in the worst way.

Mephisto40

Indeed there is, is the combo resolution + frame rate that makes a game enjoyable and that respect the actual creators on how the game was conceived and intended to play.

Playing a game like Starfield on a Series S is simply a disservice to all the several years of works of the employess of BGS, if you have only the Series S is a different matter, but having a Series X and even a better PC makes it for a nonsensical approach to the enjoyment of the art of videogame, not only artistically but mechanically via gameplay, buy a cheap steam link, is gonna be a better experience than the S.

Playing a game on a platform the game was designed to be ran on is not a "disservice", it was their decision to design it for that hardware, it should be playable

LordOfChaos

Why is there so much derangement around the Series S, as if millions of gamers globally haven't and aren't playing on turd PCs that barely make the mark, as if millions of gamers haven't been playing recent AAA games on last gen consoles. Back in the day I played Halo CE on a Geforce 2 at 18fps zoomed all the way in on the lowest resolution on a CRT because that's what I had and could afford lol.

I can tell the difference, but it's a far closer to current gen experience than last, largely with the resolution and some texture/object draw drops. The developer chose for that to be an official way to play it, that's not a disservice, that's an insane take.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I dont think there is anything else to tell us otherwise. It has to be still outselling the XSX. Also since MS prioritized the Series S a year or 2 ago...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

While most ppl look at PS vs Xbox....I think what gets dismissed is the Series S vs Switch, especially when they're both near each other in price.

Also, the Switch is between $199-$360.
Here the Switch is like R$2000+ in the stores, R$1300 the Lite, but the Series S you can find at R$1800 with not much effort. Series X is R$4000 thou

twilo99

The series s gives millions of people, who don’t have a lot of disposable income, an opportunity to enjoy gaming, but for whatever reason that’s not cool.

To achieve that you obviously need to make compromises on the hardware side, which seems to be an inconceivable notion amongst the gaming “elite” ..

How dare they enjoy the latest game at such a low price.. they need to spend $500+ for the privilege or else

Porticus

Talking about a guy having a series S, X plus a PC getting closer to 2k dollars, sure.

People with not disposable income lol

If he had only the series S sure, but I don't really understand why playing the game on the worst platform of the three.

Outside of trolling of course.

Last edited:
Top Bottom