• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you ok with the Xbox Series S losing its parity agreements?

Are you okay with series s losing parity?

• Yes

Votes: 236 63.6%
  • Non

Votes: 59 15.9%
  • Should be discontinued ( but still supported)

Votes: 76 20.5%

• Total voters

Bernoulli

M2 slut
So we know the controversy about the series S limiting some features on the X

But Xbox sold this as a console that has exactly every Xbox series X feature and same graphics, the only change is resolution you can see it in the engineer interview
There are at least 10 millions Series S users
i sold mine long time ago but it was working well and was very silent.
We are just in the 3rd year and now they opened the gates for devs to drop features on the S, it is only going to get worse from now on

what solution do you suggest?

If they start removing features might as well stop selling
If they can get sued for dropping the parity it won't change much if they drop it entirely

Bernoulli

M2 slut
What kind of mad man ask a question in the tittle, to then have a completely different question in the poll?
I didn't know how to title the thread, in an older thread everyone was saying that if Microsoft drops the X and S parity they will get sued

Robb

Gold Member
Christian Bale Idk GIF

Maybe, but so could any company I guess. Sony advertised GT7 as a Ps5 exclusive yet here we are.

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
I don’t get this, you flame Xbox for forcing BG3’s delay with because of the dumb parity clause and now that they reverse it, you are talking about suing.

Maybe not specifically you btw, but it’s an overwhelming sentiment that the parity clause is very unpopular.
I made this thread because there was discussion that Xbox couldn't remove the parity clause because that would get them sued

But if you look at it from both sides it socks
10+M S users will have inferior version when they got promised parity
But if they keep it X users are held back, loose loose situation and imo the only solution is to drop the S to stop the community from getting bigger but still support that console without a 100% parity

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
No, it's the best move. Ms also advertised 4k. Sony 4k and 8k with raytracing. Should we sue that games aren't on the level that marketing said?

Sony showed a flipping video of unreal engine 5 and not one game has come close to looking or running like that demo. Should we sue everyone?

The parity clause is what EVERYONE wanted MS to drop and it looks like they are relaxing that.

The series S is an amazing console as a back up and a kids option. I don't think they will be playing couch co op on BG3.

also, I'm sure phone companies such as apple tout the lower end versions of their phones as all the great features and functionality of the big bog versions but cheaper, then there is ultimately differences in features.

I own a series S and I'm happy by this move. Don't hold back series X with a cheaper version.

Last edited:
I don't know what's up with the poll but yes, they probably will get sued for it. The lawyers will get the biggest share, anyone who bought a series S will get $10.

Three

American brain, sue by who and for what.
There was a class action lawsuit for linux on PS3 if you remember people were saying they bought a PS3 for that advertised feature. You think there can't be one for Series S which was advertised as "having all the same features as Series X but just at a lower resolution"?

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
There was a class action lawsuit for linux on PS3 if you remember people were saying they bought a PS3 for that advertised feature. You think there can't be one for Series S which was advertised as "having all the same features as Series X but just at a lower resolution"?
I don't think that many people don't have Xbox let alone XSS

tsk tsk

Three

I don't think that many people don't have Xbox let alone XSS

tsk tsk
I'm not sure I understand your post but if you're saying what I think you're saying then the class action lawsuit would likely be a low amount to Microsoft. It's certainly possible though with what they've advertised and claimed when selling the product.

Kakax11

Banned
Do you think MS legal department got no lawyers to make sure this won't happen?? i bet they're more than ready for legal stuff like that

I mean Sony ot 8k logo on the box and nobody thought of suing them at all because.......

geary

What does parity means? how do you define it and what is not parity? RT availability is parity? multiple modes (performance, quality etc) is parity?

Ultra Donny

I'm gonna take this holy console war one step further and proclaim Seris S as blasphemy. The one true console is the X.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Is this the outside envelope the Xbox series X box?

No?

Then why are you countering with this?
Oooh… as if it was not publicly unveiled, come on man… you are being partisan/silly here 😂.

The funny part is that the 8K bit thing is being used to try to distract attention from the elephant in the room which is “Series S does not hold Series X back, it is the same exact experience and features at 1440p, etc…” which was strong front and centre marketing and a hot discussion point where MS and green evangelists would push back strongly on to justify the dual SKU approach… but no, totally the same thing as 8K on the box (or on a chip, for the XSX).

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
What kind of mad man ask a question in the tittle
That headline had me sniggering too.

Edit: I shouldn't have contributed to what is obviously going to be a 500 post thread about what liars corporation A are, that and all the same stuff that is repeatedly posted by the same people who apparently have nothing in their lives to be enthusiastic about, so choose to spend their lives crying about a console they don't and won't own. If that's you, you ought to buy a Series S so you can get on the Starfield hype train. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

geary

mainly game modes like split screen

resolution and frame don't matter
why they dont matter. Do you have a definition of what means parity? For each feature/mechanic developed of a game should be a yes/no...Else for everyone parity means something different.

Top Bottom