• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Ragnarok coming?

When will GOW Ragnarok release?

Votes: 151 53.5%

Votes: 131 46.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ParaSeoul

deqql6k-5aac5dbf-259f-4fbc-b59f-47a5c48097ca.gif

skit_data

It’s been rated in Saudi Arabia, tons of devs are leaving Sony Santa Monica and Cory said the same thing just a couple of months before release of GoW 2018.

Last edited:

PUNKem733

I'll go with 2022, the year just about anyone who is working on the game, and have mentioned as the year it's coming out.

Markio128

To be honest, I wouldn’t be too upset if GOWR slipped to 2023, but I don’t think it will. I have a funny feeling it’ll get a decent showing very soon.

ahtlas7

Dramatic tension is in the air. Sony has to deliver something big this fall even if it doesn’t win GOTY.

Last edited:
Despite the recent reassurance I still feel it gets delayed to 2023. At the same time a crossgen game in 2023 would be extremely lame.

It looks like FFXVI might actually make 2022 so it would be easy for Sony to delay Ragnarok if they need to.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
At Sonys "E3" event they will show us a 12min demo of the game.
At the end of that play session they will announce its releasing in 2022.
It will be Sonys Holiday title.

P.S Right before they actually show us the Gameplay, the "last" reveal will be Factions 2 from Naughty Dog showing off unprecedented Graphical Fidelity at 60fps, once again developers, pundits and naysayers will claim the gameplay has to be fake....now way a Multiplayer game could look/play that good.

Sony will have a neat little event sometime in late Summer/early Fall and will have a great 10-minute demo showing for Ragnarok. At the end of the presentation video, the words "Spring 2023" will appear in bold stylized letters.

At Sonys "E3" event they will show us a 12min demo of the game.
At the end of that play session they will announce its releasing in 2022.
It will be Sonys Holiday title.

P.S Right before they actually show us the Gameplay, the "last" reveal will be Factions 2 from Naughty Dog showing off unprecedented Graphical Fidelity at 60fps, once again developers, pundits and naysayers will claim the gameplay has to be fake....now way a Multiplayer game could look/play that good.
A multiplayer component for a game that released over 2 years ago is hardly a needle mover in today's day and age.

Fake

This is Miyamoto. After consulting with Barlog-san, my partner at Santa Monica on the God of War Ragnarok Online game, we decided to move the global release to Spring 2023–April 28 in UK and April 7 in North America. My deepest apologies but I promise it will be well worth the wait.

TexMex

They’ve doubled down on 2022 too many times for me to see them walking it back. Even if they should, I think it’s coming hell or high water.

If it gets bumped, that’s fine. My backlog is enormous and I’m just now catching up after I finished Elden. Im about to start FF7 Remake.

I heard Ragnarok is canned. Because the Green Rats are infiltrating Jimbo's HQ and Sony is silent because they're held hostage and forcing them to put it on Game Pass. You heard it here first! GG.

Last edited:

OsirisBlack

Banned
but we had 3 trailers before that

now, we had 1
I am actually a VERY BIG fan of not knowing everything before a product is released. I think they are handling the situation perfectly the same with FFXVI. ONE trailer to show the game a final trailer then drop your product. Being an older gamer their was a time when you got ONE trailer and that shit was on TELEVISION not the internet and that was the trailer telling your ass to go to KB Toys, Babbages or Toys R Us to go and get your game.

Top Bottom