• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Ragnarok coming?

When will GOW Ragnarok release?

Votes: 151 53.5%

Votes: 131 46.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elios83

Lol again with this 2023 bs?
I mean everything can happen sure but the game already got its delay, members of the dev team have recently reconfirmed on twitter that it's coming this year and if the concern is due to lack of marketing well...that's how Sony has done things for a few years now, we'll get a dedicated state of play with a release date and then the launch trailer.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I mean everything can happen sure but the game already got its delay, members of the dev team have recently reconfirmed on twitter that it's coming this year and if the concern is due to lack of marketing well...that's how Sony has done things for a few years now, we'll get a dedicated state of play with a release date and then the launch trailer.
Why would they need to start teasing the game now? It's the cold and rainy part of spring and this game will launch more than 6 months from now. Everyone is going to be hyping something in a few weeks since will be "E3" season then and Sony will carve out a slice of gamers' attention spans to show the game and start generating hype. There is more than enough time.

I am curious to know whether or not they will launch on the same week as Starfield.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
slap-slapping.gif
Even his hat got knocked out

I’m thinking 2023. When the director talked about how long each entry takes and how it won’t be a trilogy I kinda figured to strap in.

DonF

February 2023, one year after horizon. Sony knows that they need a great game at release. Not a glitchy fest like horizon.

Borowski_1

You really think devs know anything about the release date or marketing stuff?

Only higher positions like Cory and the director will know

And Sony executives, of course

Pedro Motta

You really think devs know anything about the release date or marketing stuff?

Only higher positions like Cory and the director will know

And Sony executives, of course
Of course they do. Imagine working without deadlines.

In the documentary they released (Raising Kratos) you can see clearly that when they have a release date set, they afixate it in the main room of the studio so everyone can see it.

EDIT: Doesn't mean they can't change it or delay it for some reason, just that everyone has an idea of the release date.

Last edited:
Voted 2023. I will be absolutely floored if the game makes it out this year. Put me down for a March 2023 release.

Last edited:

Yoboman

If GOW 2018 is any indication then it'll have a release date drop about 3 months out and we will have speculation it's still ages away until then

Until it's October it's a high chance of being this year still. I'm expecting September - October release with a release date given in June or July

Lupin25

If GOW 2018 is any indication then it'll have a release date drop about 3 months out and we will have speculation it's still ages away until then

Until it's October it's a high chance of being this year still. I'm expecting September - October release with a release date given in June or July

I also reiterated this in a previous thread.

GOW (2018) didn’t have a release date until January of that same year. I’d expect June or July (maybe after an event).

Jaybe

I’m sure they are doing everything in their power to hit this year and still be super polished. Whether they make it or not…TBD. I sure hope they don’t announce a date and then need to delay it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
No way this misses this year. That would mean Sony doesn't have a first party game for 9 months of the year. It will ship and probably have a patch a day and issues resolved like god of war 2018 did.

Does anyone remember that? they must have been working over time. Every day there was a patch for like a week straight that fixed major game breaking bugs.

It was crazy.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Gamers: give games enough time to bake without stress

Gamers: stop with trailer after trailer, just work on the game

Also gamers after a few months without news on the game: omg they must have delayed it by years or canned it! Where are the news?!?

ParaSeoul

Gamers: give games enough time to bake without stress

Gamers: stop with trailer after trailer, just work on the game

Also gamers after a few months without news on the game: omg they must have delayed it by years or canned it! Where are the news?!?
Games are announced too early. Also its been 8 months since the last trailer with only a video of Cory in the that time. He didn't even say if it was this year.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I dont know why I cant get into GoW the first one.. Maybe because I have no attachments to the series? Because because I let me Nintendo fanboyism blind me? I just got to the world serpent should I keep going and trying to get into it?

Handel

2021 was always a lie, and it looks like it won't make 2022 either. If it makes it this year it will be just barely, November-December release.

Voted 2023

I wonder with covid issues, both studios ( ff xvi and gow) are in fuck it we'll show it and release it in the next 3 months mode. At least sony learned with tlou 2 before.
That God of War 2018 reveal with the orchestra... Sony is stupid if they don't try to recreate that somehow for the second game, that was such a great moment.

It's time to finally do a big in person event like in the old days, Sony events under Jimbo have been too constrained. Last gen we got that crazy 2015 E3 when the console was about to be two years old, now would be the time for a big show.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Staying with my March 2023 prediction which I have had since it's 2020 logo reveal.

Top Bottom