• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will M

I've always wondered how everyone else "consumes" GB videos. Do you only watch stuff that interests you? Do you gorge on everything as it comes out?

For me personally, I try not to watch too much during the week so I can savor it on the weekends. Bombcasts are always on Sunday for me.

I'm American and I had no idea how they worked.

Outside of the Simpsons I've never seen a pog.

The draw of pogs were they combined stamp collection with gambling. I remember I once wagered 20 of my slammies again 1 I really wanted from a friend and ended up losing everything in a performance I can only describe as Danlike. I ended up crying pathetically and learned a life lesson about the follies of betting.

Kerned

Banned
More like Hot BESTman, amirite???

Great thread. One typo. "Whilst the stats point to a man simply too opposed to the Ryckert way of life to compatible with the world as seen through Dan-Cam, the truth is more surprising." Should probably read "to be compatible with the world," no?

xanavi

Great OP/10

I wish I could remember where my pogs went and I wonder if Dan has ever played with Crazy Bones because I remember they were way better than pogs.

shanafan

I listen to 3 podcasts per week. The Final Score, Cheap Ass Gamer, and Nintendo Voice Chat. I won't mind checking out Giant Bomb, but the only I ever downloaded was a 3 hour show and I felt conflicted that I couldn't fit the time in.

Are the shows always 3 hours long? Is it all video game talk for the length of the show?

Renpatsu

I listen to 3 podcasts per week. The Final Score, Cheap Ass Gamer, and Nintendo Voice Chat. I won't mind checking out Giant Bomb, but the only I ever downloaded was a 3 hour show and I felt conflicted that I couldn't fit the time in.

Are the shows always 3 hours long? Is it all video game talk for the length of the show?
Listening to the Bombcast expecting them to talk video games is an exercise in futility.
Recently they've been closer to 2 hours, but in the past we've gone beyond 4 hours.
General structure is 'Banter','What have you been playing?','News', and 'E-MAAAIILLS'.
Just listen to it in parts if it's too long.

I can't tell if Dan was just good at faking or legitimately sad that Jeff beat him so bad at pogs.
Both.

shanafan said:
Ok, I'll give it another shot!
Try the This Year collection best of recap episodes.

shanafan

Listening to the Bombcast expecting them to talk video games is an exercise in futility.
Recently they've been closer to 2 hours, but in the past we've gone beyond 4 hours.
General structure is 'Banter','What have you been playing?','News', and 'E-MAAAIILLS'.
Just listen to it in parts if it's too long.

Ok, I'll give it another shot!

Tucah

you speak so well

Occasionally shorter, occasionally longer. Probably 2.5ish is the norm recently. Of that, maybe an hour of video game talk? It varies per episode - sometimes there's a good amount, sometimes there's barely any.

Patryn

The shows vary. Some are as short as 2 hours, and they've gone as long as nearly 4 hours. Since Brad's taken over hosting they're averaging around 3 hours, which is not unusual for them.

Generally they open with random banter that is often unrelated to games, then move to games they've been playing. After that they do news, which is almost purely games, and end with emails that usually are tangentially related to games at best.

Really, I look at it as a comedy podcast that has a focus on games as opposed to a games podcast that's funny.

Don't get me wrong, when a big game or news story happens you'll get plenty of discussion about it and some in-depth insight, but week in, week out, the average Bombcast is probably 50 percent or more random conversations that are entertaining because of the GB personalities.

It's not for everyone, but if you like games and funny stuff you should give it a try.

Fantastic OP, Hot Coldman. Giant Bomb has been on fire recently with Vinny joining Alex in NY and the hiring of Dan and Jason. I have so many videos to watch from this week!

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I would buy premium for a stream where Dan has to try a different grown up food every time he alerts a guard in a MGS endurance run.

daydream

Banned
New thread while Europe's asleep?

THERE GOES OUR DANGEROUS ALLIANCE, COLDMAN

A++ thread, Dan is a god amongst fellas

Norns

I bought the premium sub for Alt+F1. Who knew after 32 years of never driving a car that I would love racing and car talk so much.

On this week's UPF they talked about BBCs and PAWGs.

tumblr_mhj7jifYO61s0ca9lo1_400.gif

hitgirl

I've been banned forever from Giantbomb. BUT I really think nothing I've done even compares to the trolling Dan does. Listening to the Bombcast now and my mind is just blown.

Puaru1

Bombcast isn't really a video game podcast. You listen to it because you just love their personalities. They just throw game talk in every now and then to maintain the illusion.

stupei

People are being slightly inaccurate.

Come November, there will suddenly be a lot of video game talk. It just probably won't be about the titles you're expecting.

Though I'm curious how things will differ this year (if at all), since Dan talks like someone who much more regularly plays things on Nintendo consoles.

Was hoping for "Clubs, Drugs, and Club Drugs" but this can work.

What have you done ? Comment on Brad's appearance ?

"Anything"

People are being slightly inaccurate.

Come November, there will suddenly be a lot of video game talk. It just probably won't be about the titles you're expecting.

Though I'm curious how things will differ this year (if at all), since Dan talks like someone who much more regularly plays things on Nintendo consoles.

Dan is going to be an interesting Id to Brad's Ego and Jeff's Superego once later discussion hits, I know that much.

Haunted

what did I even expect clicking on Brad's tumblr

Anonymous said: What is it like sucking so bad at a thing you spend so much of your time doing?

I don’t know, what’s it like being a miserable piece of shit? Let’s swap stories.

I know I'm way late to the party, but I just listened to this week's podcast. The guest came off as a Sony shill and I hope they aren't planning on bringing him back while he's still working in his current capacity. I like listening to these guys say what they think, not just tow the company line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom