• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Industry Condemns Insomniac Hack and Shows Support for Spider-Man Devs

K' Dash

Tired Britney Spears GIF

I know the way they're going with the IPs they're developing. No sympathy from me.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
OMG. They finally leaked footage of a game being in dev for 3 years, sales figures of PS4 first party games and a release roadmap. WOW, what an injustice.

Get the fuck outta here. This is something the movie industry does at fucking comic con. They show what they are going to release the next half a decade or more. They release box office numbers because they are not ashamed to admit their failures or hide their successes like Sony did with Days Gone and DriveClub because they know they will catch flack from fans of those franchises.

And they release teasers, trailers, behind the scenes footage, and even hilariously bad Entertainment Weekly screenshot to keep their fanbase engaged. Because movies are supposed to be fun, and not a fucking state secret. 2.5 years after wolverine's reveal and not a single screenshot was shown to the fans?

Yeah, no sympathy for insomniac or sony here. its not like the source code was put out there. thats actual theft.

EDIT: Just remembered they also had their employees' personal information stolen. Thats different yes. Im only talking about how absolutely ridiculous sony is guarding their sales figures and roadmaps. Not to mention how silent they have been in the last few years in regards to upcoming games that have been in development for over 3.5 years.

Last edited:
OMG. They finally leaked footage of a game being in dev for 3 years, sales figures of PS4 first party games and a release roadmap. WOW, what an injustice.

Get the fuck outta here. This is something the movie industry does at fucking comic con. They show what they are going to release the next half a decade or more. They release box office numbers because they are not ashamed to admit their failures or hide their successes like Sony did with Days Gone and DriveClub because they know they will catch flack from fans of those franchises.

And they release teasers, trailers, behind the scenes footage, and even hilariously bad Entertainment Weekly screenshot to keep their fanbase engaged. Because movies are supposed to be fun, and not a fucking state secret. 2.5 years after wolverine's reveal and not a single screenshot was shown to the fans?

Yeah, no sympathy for insomniac or sony here. its not like the source code was put out there. thats actual theft.

A shit ton of personal data though. You can count on identity theft resulting from this.

Absurdly top secret game gets a leak and the industry virtue signals like the CEO of the companies wife just died or something. Like clockwork. Every time. You’d swear there was no bigger injustice in this world.

Game industry are hilariously, laughably, a bunch of softies

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
A shit ton of personal data though. You can count on identity theft resulting from this.
And the personal information of employees?
yeah, i forgot about that. That I can understand being upset about, but the rest? eh.

The industry guards its secrets too much. If they had released all this information publicly, they would have nothing to pay ransom for. the only thing worth protecting wouldve been the personal data of employees but thats a federal crime and they can go to the authorities with it.

Last edited:
What came out to me is that I will continue not to care about the games they make for the next 10 years or so; but I am sure they have their fans.

graywolf323

Access journos terrified of losing their access, sounds about right.
what are you talking about? the press have been reporting on the minutae of the leaks this entire time, that’s why game devs are upset because these same outlets try to grandstand like they support the devs (with articles pushing for unionization and other things)

the only one I know that‘s explicitly not covering it is Kinda Funny & that has the crazies on Twitter acting like this is the “xbox tax” at play 🙄 (and not from no names either, it’s coming from the usual crow of Colt but also Rand Al Thor (who is trying to act like he’s not console warring)

DJ12

yeah, i forgot about that. That I can understand being upset about, but the rest? eh.

The industry guards its secrets too much. If they had released all this information publicly, they would have nothing to pay ransom for. the only thing worth protecting wouldve been the personal data of employees but thats a federal crime and they can go to the authorities with it.
Gamers: I need to see a trailer for this game coming out in the distant future.

Also gamers: why did they reveal this game so early when it's not coming out for years.

ungalo

Gamers: I need to see a trailer for this game coming out in the distant future.

Also gamers: why did they reveal this game so early when it's not coming out for years.
There was a lot of raw gameplay in those vertical slices. More than in any Xbox trailer.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Absurdly top secret game gets a leak and the industry virtue signals like the CEO of the companies wife just died or something. Like clockwork. Every time. You’d swear there was no bigger injustice in this world.

Game industry are hilariously, laughably, a bunch of softies
Every industry does this tho. Hollyweird is even worse.

Top Bottom