• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport releases October 10, 2023 | Xbox Showcase 2023

Riky

$MSFT
Of course it's a work in progress, nobody is debating that. Tick tock, tick tock. Less than 4 months left. I wish them luck because what they showed yesterday running on consoles looked rough.
"Tick tock" and you call me childish....

We'll narrow it down, when the game is released on Series X it will either have RT reflections during gameplay or it won't. If it doesn't I've bookmarked this and I'll come back and apologise to you as Turn 10 misled me and I fell for it.
If it does I expect you to return and do the same.
See you soon.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

I'm calling your trust childish. Again, reading comprehension. Work on that please.

We'll narrow it down, when the game is released on Series X it will either have RT reflections during gameplay or it won't. If it doesn't I've bookmarked this and I'll come back and apologise to you as Turn 10 misled me and I fell for it.
See you soon.

Apology for what? I've started my rant with 'I want to be wrong'. Get lost, seriously.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I think this argument at this point isn't very helpful. We should all wait until the game is released. But it's okay to speculate because of the given evidence so far.

Moving on from the RT debate, does anybody else feel there is something fundamentally wrong with the car models? They look so ... wrong.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

See you soon.
At 4K and 60fps that you were PR tooting to boot up until this point. None of this lower rez reconstruction or VRS all over the place crap, or 30fps that it tanked to in the prerace angles.

I'm eager to see what magic they conjure up that noone else has been able to do at 4K/60 with quality RT on AMD console silicon.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
I think this argument at this point isn't very helpful. We should all wait until the game is released. But it's okay to speculate because of the given evidence so far.

Moving on from the RT debate, does anybody else feel there is something fundamentally wrong with the car models? They look so ... wrong.
Models look great to me. Best looking Forza Motorsport to date IMO. The attention to detail is mind boggling. They look on par with AC and GT7 cars. I do hope we still get ForzaVista.

Riky

$MSFT
I'm calling your trust childish. Again, reading comprehension. Work on that please.

Apology for what? I've started my rant with 'I want to be wrong'. Get lost, seriously.

You're saying it is "sleazy pr" that Series X will have gameplay RT. If it's not "sleazy pr" then you should admit you were wrong.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
You're saying it is "sleazy pr" that Series X will have gameplay RT. If it's not "sleazy pr" then you should admit you were wrong.

I call is sleazy because it's confusing costumers. The guy behind the game confirmed that much by trying to clarify on the podcast posted on the previous page and then proceed to use more word salad instead of coming out clean. That's sleazy. Maybe we have a different definition of a sleazy PR. Maybe.

You know a Forza game is close to release when threads turn into troll fest talking about what’s not possible and that T10 is lying about graphics. I’m old enough to remember that 1080p/60 was impossible on Xbox one, 4k/60 was impossible on Xbox one x, the countless times that gameplay was not in fact gameplay and the actual game would look nothing like that. There are two common themes that always turn out:

1. T10 delivers what they claim.
2. Trolls incorrectly claim that T10 is lying.

I’ll believe T10 until they give me a reason not to.

Riky

$MSFT
I call is sleazy because it's confusing costumers. The guy behind the game confirmed that much by trying to clarify on the podcast posted on the previous page and then proceed to use more word salad instead of coming out clean. That's sleazy. Maybe we have a different definition of a sleazy PR. Maybe.
Ok so he's come out in an interview and clarified it all so we can all see what has been said.
Do you think like I do that the Series X version will have RT reflections in gameplay in the final build?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Do you think like I do that the Series X version will have RT reflections in gameplay in the final build?
At 4K and 60fps that you were PR tooting to boot up until this point. None of this lower rez reconstruction or VRS all over the place crap, or 30fps that it tanked to in the prerace angles.

I'm eager to see what magic they conjure up that noone else has been able to do at 4K/60 with quality RT on AMD console silicon.

Darsxx82

Yes, it's there when you're racing against AI*

* on PC.

Show me RT during racing in yesterday's gameplay reveal.
They have not been ambiguous, nor have they ever claimed that RT during gameplay versus AI is only on PC... You have an infinity of manifestations in trailers, official website and interviews leaving clear that referred to console.

If in the final version of the game RT reflections are not present during the race against the AI....... There is NO discussion, you could say that they have lied no matter how much they then try to adjust their narrative.

Yesterday's gameplay had many inconsistencies. Even the reflection in the pre-race were inacurates. Better to wait for an explanation before drawing conclusions but there is no discussion, they claimed RT during the race against the AI in XSX and they've let people think that. . If in the end they do not offer it, they will simply have lied.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Both not final builds. Both massive downgrades from the initial trailers. One gets an excuse, the other "you expected" with some salt rubbed in the wound for good measure.
But Forza is not downgraded, they showed the maxed out pc version which is different to yesterdays Xbox X footage. If the pc version looks like that than yeah sure but thats not the case.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
But Forza is not downgraded, they showed the maxed out pc version which is different to yesterdays Xbox X footage. If the pc version looks like that than yeah sure but thats not the case.
Serious The Four GIF by Diddy

All this time Xbox gamers were saying the Initial trailers up until this point were on the XSX. Now we know that wasn't the case. Sneaky MS.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Goalposts moved.

What fucking goalposts? Dude, you're living in your little fantasy fanboy land where everyone is in one camp or the other and every discussion is only there to one up the opposite team. So, so sad.

I simply watch the footage and comment on it. They're struggling to include RT in little interludes where you're driving in the pit and only 1 car is visible. It's RT slide show in the car body. We're 4 months from release. It's not impressive at all.

Some people here are just insufferable, I swear to Dog.

GHG

Oh fuck right off. You have been PRing "4K/60 with RT the power or the XSX" this entire time.

Now you're going to settle on a subpar implementation for a perceived forum win?

You're such a disingenuous clown.

If they have to settle on sub 60fps or lower the resolution to achieve RT in gameplay on consoles watch him say it was all part of the plan.

Loxus

Could it be some kind of depth of field issue?
JcKxhth.jpg
GW3155Y.jpg

Either way, it's the development build so final quality should be different.

Don't know why this isn't considered a bull shot or whatever it was called it the Spider-man thread.
w1Dw1oU.jpg

This game should be open to criticism in the same manner without the console waring. Equal rights.

xrnzaaas

I don't understand the push towards doing training sessions other than potentially hiding not enough campaign content for launch. In the showcase they've done a training session for a 4 lap race lol. Plus with ~20 tracks it won't take ages to learn them even if you're not familiar with them from other games.

Practice sessions make sense in a game like F1 where you have to replicate real world sessions and you're doing them for research xp. And in F1 you have a qualifying and a 25% length race by default.

Kvally

Banned
What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

CDPR were trustworthy until the release of Cyberpunk.

Arkane never released a stinker until Redfall.

Why don't you just use your eyes instead of doing backflips?
You need to calm the fuck down before you break a vessel. Calm down man, why does everything have to be a war with you. It was a simple question. If you want to deflect that’s fine but jeez relax.

GHG

You need to calm the fuck down before you break a vessel. Calm down man, why does everything have to be a war with you. It was a simple question. If you want to deflect that’s fine but jeez relax.

Your "simple question" was a poor attempt at deflecting.

No surprise that you now want to call foul (and deflect further) instead of addressing the points I presented in my previous reply.

Surprised The Shock GIF by The Bachelorette

Kvally

Banned
Your "simple question" was a poor attempt at deflecting.

No surprise that you now want to call foul (and deflect further) instead of addressing the points I presented in my previous reply.
Ok, now try your response again without deflecting and without the "no you" retort. It was a simple question, but you went all flippant.

Breathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

GHG

Ok, now try your response again without deflecting and without the "no you" retort. It was a simple question, but you went all flippant.

Breathe Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

I regret to inform you that crossing out my posts won't make them no longer exist, and they certainly won't magic up footage of Forza Motorsport gameplay with RT on console, no matter how much of a nice guy™ you and Riky might think Chris is.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Yeah…seems like they snuck rt out of it on consoles. I understand they want a 4k 60 experience, but why not give series x users the the option to play at 4k 30 or 1080 p 60 with rt?

benzy

Q: Does Forza Motorsport feature ray tracing?

A: Forza Motorsport features real time ray tracing on track. We will share additional details about ray tracing options and platform availability closer to launch.

Q: How does ray tracing work in Forza Motorsport?

A: Ray tracing bounces rays into the scene and does thousands of calculations to give us true reflections. Real-time calculations of this magnitude weren’t possible on previous generations.

Q: Does Forza Motorsport feature ray traced global illumination?

A: Forza Motorsport on PC will feature RTGI (ray traced global illumination).

Q: How does RTGI improve the visuals of Forza Motorsport?

A: On PC, when we apply ray tracing to global illumination, we are simulating how light accumulates color as it bounces from surface to surface, so a barrier next to a red rumble strip will be influenced by that color, creating a scene where all the pieces are connected.

DensePleasantCavy-max-1mb.gif

Did they remove the global illumination q&a in the official site?

In the previous pc build it looks like rtgi was only activated in replays/photomode

Kvally

Banned
no matter how much of a nice guy™ you and Riky might think Chris is.
Well, that is your problem then, you seem to not know what you are talking about. That would explain your flippant replies. I don't know Chris, and I don't know his history. At this point, I would recommend you carry on. We will have to agree to disagree here.

Turk1993

Could it be some kind of depth of field issue?
JcKxhth.jpg
GW3155Y.jpg

Either way, it's the development build so final quality should be different.

Don't know why this isn't considered a bull shot or whatever it was called it the Spider-man thread.
w1Dw1oU.jpg

This game should be open to criticism in the same manner without the console waring. Equal rights.
Bruh you really compared low res compressed footage with a different tod and track to direct capture gt7 screenshot with different tod on a sunny day. Just like you did last time with those photomode screenshots of gt7 that you where saying that they where in game. And the last screenshot is from a different track photomode screenshot taken from the pc build. You are just console warring at this point.

The game didn't look too good on xbox but people need to stop acting like the pc version is getting downgraded to xbox levels Or won't look good as the footage before.

HelpYouFall

The game does look nice. But I can't wrap my around how a racing game with Motorsport in its title doesn't have qualifying in it as an option (by the looks of it). Cause in real life racing "you can just set yourself on the grid anywhere". It's baffling that games like GT7 and Forza always drum up so much shit about realism and physics and then omit one of the most integral parts of what makes motorsport what it is. Wtffffffffffff

Loxus

Bruh you really compared low res compressed footage with a different tod and track to direct capture gt7 screenshot with different tod on a sunny day. Just like you did last time with those photomode screenshots of gt7 that you where saying that they where in game. And the last screenshot is from a different track photomode screenshot taken from the pc build. You are just console warring at this point.

The game didn't look too good on xbox but people need to stop acting like the pc version is getting downgraded to xbox levels Or won't look good as the footage before.
Doesn't matter if the image is low res or not. It's clear as day that Forza gameplay lack track details.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The game does look nice. But I can't wrap my around how a racing game with Motorsport in its title doesn't have qualifying in it as an option (by the looks of it). Cause in real life racing "you can just set yourself on the grid anywhere". It's baffling that games like GT7 and Forza always drum up so much shit about realism and physics and then omit one of the most integral parts of what makes motorsport what it is. Wtffffffffffff
GT7 online has qualifying for position.

Turk1993

Doesn't matter if the image is low res or not. It's clear as day that Forza gameplay lack track details.
Post low res image and complains about lack of detail and says it doesn't mather 🤦‍♂️
images

Did they remove the global illumination q&a in the official site?

In the previous pc build it looks like rtgi was only activated in replays/photomode
It appears that they did.

The thot plickens.
If they start flip flopping and remove it in the final product than thats a BIG L. They are stupid if they lied about rt on console. But if its missing on pc because the xbox can't handle it than they can fuck off and get shit on.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
ACC also has it in career, custom seasons, single race, entire multi session race weekend etc. Like every real life sanctioned racing series.
Because it’s pointless in sp. You will always be first and it achieves nothing. Bots in racing games are dumb and scripted to follow a racing line and rolling start from a pre-defined position is a good way to make a race SOMEWHAT challenging.

With real players it’s of course a must. AI is a huge pain for sim racing in general, that’s why everyone in sim community drools over Sophy.

And ACC while brilliant is basically a monoclass, nowhere near the level of game design complexity of GT or FM.

Last edited:

GHG

Well, that is your problem then, you seem to not know what you are talking about. That would explain your flippant replies. I don't know Chris, and I don't know his history. At this point, I would recommend you carry on. We will have to agree to disagree here.

His "history" has nothing to do with what we can see today with our eyes. In 2014 Elizabeth Holmes didn't have a history of lying and everyone loved her. Look how that turned out. There comes a point where you just need to look at what you're being shown instead of attempting to people worship.

Because it’s pointless in sp. You will always be first and it achieves nothing. Bots in racing games are dumb and scripted to follow a racing line and rolling start from a pre-defined position is a good way to make a race SOMEWHAT challenging.

This is simply not true if you've ever played any of the more serious racing sims. If you're always qualifying first then you're playing on the wrong difficulty level.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
His "history" has nothing to do with what we can see today with our eyes. In 2014 Elizabeth Holmes didn't have a history of lying and everyone loved her. Look how that turned out. There comes a point where you just need to look at what you're being shown instead of attempting to people worship.

This is simply not true if you've ever played any of the more serious racing sims. If you're always qualifying first then you're playing on the wrong difficulty level.
GT and FM are more casual titles and fight vs almost perfect line of ai might be a huge trun-off for a broad player. But I’m good at sims, ngl. Modest, I know.

I’m not arguing that we need a full racing weekend modeled, but I kinda understand why most popular simcades are dumbing down this thing in SP.

Top Bottom