• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport releases October 10, 2023 | Xbox Showcase 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
FyW-tGeaQAEI3oF

Out-build the competition in the all-new career. Race your friends in multiplayer. Compete in 500+ cars on world-famous tracks with cutting edge AI and advanced physics.​

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Nice, I've never played a Forza game so I plan to buy and see how it compares to Gran Turismo. Assuming that if I buy it on Steam then I don't have to use any 3rd party launchers or anything.

Relieved this is coming this year. I'm pumped for this though they still havnt showed real gameplay (they have but edited and only for a couple seconds at a time).

I'm expecting it to look better than gt7 buy not blow it away unless it's on a PC with rt gi

Riky

$MSFT
mNsvrsY.jpg
bAH98RN.jpg
r0xoj0k.jpg

"Pre-order the Forza Motorsport Premium Edition and be first on the starting line with 5 days of early access beginning October 5, 2023. Xbox Game Pass members, as well as Forza Motorsport Standard Edition and Deluxe Edition players, can upgrade to the Premium Add-Ons Bundle to receive early access and all other add-on content included in the Premium Edition. "

Thank god, I'll be on holiday the 10th so now I can get a few days play in before I go.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Q: Does Forza Motorsport feature ray tracing?

A: Forza Motorsport features real time ray tracing on track. We will share additional details about ray tracing options and platform availability closer to launch.

Q: How does ray tracing work in Forza Motorsport?

A: Ray tracing bounces rays into the scene and does thousands of calculations to give us true reflections. Real-time calculations of this magnitude weren’t possible on previous generations.

Q: Does Forza Motorsport feature ray traced global illumination?

A: Forza Motorsport on PC will feature RTGI (ray traced global illumination).

Q: How does RTGI improve the visuals of Forza Motorsport?

A: On PC, when we apply ray tracing to global illumination, we are simulating how light accumulates color as it bounces from surface to surface, so a barrier next to a red rumble strip will be influenced by that color, creating a scene where all the pieces are connected.

DensePleasantCavy-max-1mb.gif

I'm new to this whole Forza thing, when they release Motorsport do they stop releasing new content for Horizon? I play FH5 quite a bit but i'm not really into FM's closed circuit racing.

Turk1993

I'm new to this whole Forza thing, when they release Motorsport do they stop releasing new content for Horizon? I play FH5 quite a bit but i'm not really into FM's closed circuit racing.
No, they are seperate studio's. Forza Horizon is made by Playground games and they will support it till the next Horizon launches as they previously did.

FukuDaruma

A: Forza Motorsport features real time ray tracing on track. We will share additional details about ray tracing options and platform availability closer to launch.

A: Ray tracing bounces rays into the scene and does thousands of calculations to give us true reflections. Real-time calculations of this magnitude weren’t possible on previous generations.

A: On PC, when we apply ray tracing to global illumination, we are simulating how light accumulates color as it bounces from surface to surface, so a barrier next to a red rumble strip will be influenced by that color, creating a scene where all the pieces are connected.

I don't know, man... shots like this look so dull for being a promo...

bAH98RN.jpg

Also, what the fuck is up with this aliasing?

Yumow8k.png

Forza Horizon 5 has DLSS3 and almost perfect TAA, with no shimmering at all...

Turk1993

bAH98RN.jpg

Yumow8k.png

The first shot doesn't look bad tbh, its a bit compressed but there is tons of track side detail and foliage. I think its the tod daylight setting that makes it look dull like in real life. And yeah they still didn't fix the shimmering issue since the last trailer. They need to do something about it, DLSS or TAA would fix most of the issue like you said.

736b27464497facb6b3cf29ef377967c.jpg

And there are other images with different TOD that show the game in better settings
439a35d0d1d3b7fbeb85c4d6d9bfea9b7493e564.jpg

Just look at the light bounce on the wall, that RTGI looks incredible in this shot.
forza-motorsport-03.jpg

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
13th can't come soon enough, I don't understand why that trailer couldn't have at least a minute of in game footage.....dumb.

Umbasaborne

Banned

As a huge forza motorsport fan, I definitely picked a good time to get into pc gaming!

CamHostage

That nighttime version of the track with the ferris wheel and fireworks looks better than the initial reveal, good times, should make up for the delay and be worth the wait

zombrex

Willing to give this version a go on PC after skiping most of the previous mainline Forza games since 360. GT7 shared too much content with sport for me. Looking forward to some variety in tracks and locations after playing the hell out of Gran Turismo.

Edder1

Visuals are much improved on the last showing, it now makes the best looking racing game in Forza Horizon 5 look dated. Can only imagine what Playground will do with this engine for their next Horizon. Hopefully Motorsport will include more city tracks to really showcase the visuals.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member

bAH98RN.jpg

Yumow8k.png

Its almost as if its not.........finished?

LastBattle

Looks glorious :messenger_astonished: Can't wait to see more on the 13th!

I've been chipping away at Horizon 5 + Rally DLC for a couple of months in prep for this as I don't like to play 2 of the same genre at once. Especially racing games. Hopefully I can clear horizon in time.

Also time to start researching wheels that are great but don't require a personal loan. I enjoy racers too much to continue using the controller.

I can't wait to play this on Gamepass! the fact that they're adding a driver and safety rating to the online, a race engineer, pit stop strategies, race weekends, etc

I'm also hella excited that they're gonna be adding new tracks along with cars. FM 7 became stale fast due to the lack of any new tracks...they need to implement some tracks from Project Cars 2 as well!!

mako

Ordered the premium upgrade for gamepass edition. Hopefully it can recapture the magic of the earlier games. 6 and 7 were no way near as enjoyable.

Top Bottom