• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport releases October 10, 2023 | Xbox Showcase 2023

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Show me the RT, because every video I've seen doesn't have it. Unless it's incredibly subtle to the point it's absolutely pointless and just a checkbox.
Guys like him are just waffling at this point. They can't even see the difference between RT and SSR. They call every reflections like cubemaps also RT just like they did with FH5 reveal. Im sure pc version will have it and you can notice it easily (especially carbon fiber cockpit).

Neo_game

Why are people expecting RT and 60fps ? I think it was DF or someone who concluded that the console RT performance is on par with RTX 2060S based on games like WDL, Control etc. Unless the track has standing water and is full wets to show off RT reflections. I am not sure it is even worth it during gameplay. I think even at 1440P it will not be possible.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Why are people expecting RT and 60fps ? I think it was DF or someone who concluded that the console RT performance is on par with RTX 2060S based on games like WDL, Control etc. Unless the track has standing water and is full wets to show off RT reflections. I am not sure it is even worth it during gameplay. I think even at 1440P it will not be possible.
Because the devs said it a couple of times, and they really made it clear.

“Ray tracing is here. It’s on track and most importantly, it’s real-time gameplay. I really want to make that clear: when we say ‘on track’, it doesn’t mean it’s only in replays or it’s only in Photo Mode on track and we’re just being funny with words. We’re not trying to mislead you here. When you’re racing and when you are playing the game, ray tracing is on. We want to be really clear about that.”

Its big fucking lie if they don't have RT during gameplay. Im pretty sure the pc version will have it as they showed a couple of times. But on Xbox im not that sure tbh.

Senua

Gold Member

“Ray tracing is here. It’s on track and most importantly, it’s real-time gameplay. I really want to make that clear: when we say ‘on track’, it doesn’t mean it’s only in replays or it’s only in Photo Mode on track and we’re just being funny with words. We’re not trying to mislead you here. When you’re racing and when you are playing the game, ray tracing is on. We want to be really clear about that.”

Its big fucking lie if they don't have RT during gameplay. Im pretty sure the pc version will have it as they showed a couple of times. But on Xbox im not that sure tbh.
I just assumed Xbox would have the mirror like RT reflections on cars and PC would get the full RTGI + reflections. So far the messaging is just unclear which leads me to believe they are playing silly buggers, but I hope not

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

So as a long-time Forza fan I’m pleased to say that Turn 10 has done a lot of work and after a behind-closed-doors demo at gamescom showing the game on the Xbox Series X, I walked away happy. Forza is definitely on track.

Importantly, it also looks like a promising return for Forza Motorsport after a six year hiatus, with its brattish sibling Horizon hogging the limelight for the past few years. And while Forza Horizon does outrageous arcade racing better than almost anything else, Motorsport promises a proper racing simulation experience that many, myself included, are desperate for.

And it should be noted that the Forza Motorsport team has committed to continue supporting the game post launch with monthly content drops of some kind. That may not be in the form of new tracks, but it is nice to hear we will have something new to look forward to after launch.

Back in June the development team said it was targeting 4K, 60 frames-per-second on the Xbox Series X, and if this demo is anything to go by it’s totally hitting that number. It’s fast, smooth and very impressive, and I cannot wait to get behind the wheel this October.

It literally cant get any clearer than that. Ray Tracing was promised on Series X in gameplay by the director. If its not in its a huge fucking lie.

I'm buying a fanatec wheel set up aren't I?

Sounds amazing.

Having played Forza for 15 years ( :messenger_loudly_crying: ), you really should wait for owner impressions before dropping a ton of money. Forza almost always gets universal praise from the mainstream outlets and it's only once people have it in their hands that the frustrations are revealed.

Last edited:

FukuDaruma

You can always use your steering wheel to feel the best Force Feedback in Assetto Corsa while you wait for confirmation on Forza Motorsport being really any good...

Last edited:
Top Bottom