• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forgotten games that no one talks about anymore.

fDckLra.jpg
this game was super fun. Sadly due to tech issues. It reviewed poorly. Havent had so much in a game with an actual squad in a long long long time

Nickelodeon 3D Movie Maker lol. Good times. Knights and Merchants. Dungeon Keeper. Basically anything on the PC from the 90s other than Unreal, Doom etc have been forgotten to time.

damn, i didnt know it was a fromsoftware game. does it play like a dark souls game?
Not even close, but in terms of atmosphere they can be quite similar.

As another user pointed out, it’s a “card based RPG” but that’s misleading. It’s an action game, with cards acting either as melee/ranged weapons or summons. First game is a fun, extremely short romp (like 4-5 hours). Lost Kingdoms II on the other hand is AMAZING (but also still pretty short. Like 7-9 hours without sidequests, and like 3-4 more hours with).

Spyxos

I have replayed this one recently, tbh not a great game but I like the vibe and its cast of quirky characters. Wish there was a sequel.
I played both parts but I have zero memories of whether they were good games at all. I got them very cheap from the bargain bin even back then.

-Zelda-

Banned
Aside from mentioning Parasite Eve earlier, one thing I do wish is that people would forget about Naughty Dog games, and Fromsoft like games. Tired of seeing all those topics from games I can't stand coming into my email inbox. Wish there was a feature here that we could use to prevent certain keywords from showing up in email or on the forum topic list itself.

Aside from mentioning Parasite Eve earlier, one thing I do wish is that people would forget about Naughty Dog games, and Fromsoft like games. Tired of seeing all those topics from games I can't stand coming into my email inbox. Wish there was a feature here that we could use to prevent certain keywords from showing up in email or on the forum topic list itself.
Only Naughty Dog game that i like is Way of The Warrior (3D0), plus introduce me to White Zombie band, i still love Rob Zombie stuff! (Music, movies...)

petricore

Neo Member
4ItSbqJE88H019Ua3WBQKLF8.png

I know the $60 price point did this game no favors on PC, but it's a god damn shame how hard gamers rejected this game already. It's easily the best game I've played in 2023, and it's a fucking masterpiece of a game if you enjoy roguelikes or even just a terrific sci-fi story and vibe. Not even mentioning the sublime 3rd person shooter mechanics, which are already in the all-time pantheon with the best ever done.

Play this game you idiots.
This game is amazing, a criminally underrated masterpiece that everyone should play... Maybe is not for everyone, but the selected few who don't mind a game that actively wants to hurt you will find a timeless classic.

People don't talk also about:
v3817C4.jpg

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Golden Axe series
Splatterhouse series
Ghosts & Goblins/Ghouls & Ghosts series
Alien Vs Predator series
Bloody Roar series
Nightmare Creatures series

Last edited:
81RPKML-MBL.jpg

PC was the only version that got it right, and the last proper r6 game.

• 1 bullet would usually kill you, 2 if you got lucky
  • great audio (each gun was recorded in real-life, outdoor and indoors; no music so you could hear footsteps and enemy responses)
  • weapon-accurate, realistic reloads (and if you reloaded with 5 bullets left in the magazine, you'd lose those bullets)
  • could open doors by small amounts (also quieter than opening the door 100% all at once)
  • leaning around corners, crouching, prone, walking, running, which gun you were holding, if you were injured... all would significantly affect weapon accuracy and behavior
  • deathmatches were so scary (no noise for the longest time, then a bunch of it when two players found each other)
  • excellent ragdoll physics

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Yeah I loved those games back in the day.

kyGDm4x.jpg

I also loved the Colony Wars games, another series apparently lost to history.

JESUS CHRIST!

that's a weird feeling a game that wasn't in my memory but now you mentioned it and see the box art I can remember I played it a fuck ton when I was younger, thank you for reminding me of this one.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I mean most of the games in this thread are from the PS2 era and approaching 30 years old, of course no one is talking about them lol.

A more recent example?

God of War: Ragnarok

Feel like it just came and went.

Spyxos

I mean most of the games in this thread are from the PS2 era and approaching 30 years old, of course no one is talking about them lol.

A more recent example?

God of War: Ragnarok

Feel like it just came and went.
But a lot of Ps2 games are still being talked about. God of war 1-2. Tekken Tag Tournament. Resi 4, Silent hill 2, Gta San Andreas, FF 10, Okami, MGS 2-3 , Devil May Cry. Hmm you're right about God of War R, for how big the game was, it's gotten pretty quiet.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

kyuTbai.jpg

One from the 360 days. Me and my son got a lot of enjoyment out of this one, but I bounced pretty hard off the sequel. A mostly forgotten IP at this point.

And another, probably my favorite arcade racer from that era:
ZPa8ZcW.png

Last edited:

CamHostage

There was actually a Muppet racing game.

Looks like it has weird physics/controls, but I kind of like it's heavy/floaty take on kart racing.

The kart racer I like that didn't have the lifespan I thought it might (sequels and fan-hacks and whatnot, though it did get an upclassed DC port and eventually PC version after the PS1 version) is Walt Disney World Quest Magical Racing Tour. I don't know if it's a great or special racer (I remember liking it but the play mechanics aren't speaking to me as unique when I watch video now) but it was a nice time capsule of rides at the time and Crystal Dynamics did a good job with the PS1 graphics and style.

Guys, looks my threads and some posts, theres tons of hidden gems and forgotten games!

I love this thread, so much to post lmao!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Anyone remember Commander Keen ?

I have extremely vague memories of watching my older bros play it as a kid.

Mossybrew

wuXO7AY.jpg

Here's one I doubt anyone here even played. It was a short lived browser based crafting MMO. I played for a month or two, it was simple but had a unique vibe. I still think of the music sometimes.
zyrVPUH.jpg

Last edited:

CGNoire

ONE

It's a PS1 Visual Concepts action top down (ish) shooter. Great effects and really what a 3D Contra should have been.

NEVER hear anyone mention

ONE - PS1
One of my favorite PS1 games and a pain in the ass to google search for for the obvious reasons.

Some of the best graphics and most impressive realtime opening Ive seen. Konami should have taken notes. Just played it via Beetle/HW yesterday. Would kill for a remake with all that dark dystopian cyberpunk atmosphere.

Konami's like ... "I made a Mistake" ....Awesome Intro Music kicks in.

Last edited:

dezzy8

My favorite racing game of all time and one of Bizarre Creations’ last games before being dismantled by Activision.
Blur_%28video_game%29.jpg

Too bad it was released next to split/second and red dead redemption.

Top Bottom