• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forgotten games that no one talks about anymore.

I really loved Hunchback on the C-64 as a kid. Probably very few will remember this not only because it's a forty year old game but also because it wasn't very good. Still played it every day for quite some time.

mbDFT0N.jpg
A9rU3dw.gif

Mindblowing horror classic. Still stuck on the Gamecube. Should really been getting a remake by now. The "insane" meter was fucking with my head back when I originally played this at release.

Over the years, I saw many people ragging on it for whatever reason - overhyped because of Nintendo or whatever.

Man, I recently replayed it, the atmosphere is absolutely sick and ahead of its time. Amazing game. Sure, some "sanity effects" don't make sense anymore, but imo it was never the game's highlight to begin with. Just ignore the whole drama with Dennis Dyack behind it.

Speaking of which, despite its success back in the day, Legacy of Kain fell off a cliff, huh?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wow. I remember renting this game. Dont remember anything about it except the Tenka name.

Talk about a perfect correlation to the thread title. This is the first time I have ever seen someone bring up Tenka ever on the net, and the first time I've thought of this game for 25 years.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Killing Time is on gog. Not certain if the 3DO version is better than the PC version. The best 3DO emulator in Phoenix.

I will have to find where I put my copy of Knights in the Knightmare.

Last edited:

Krathoon

There was some really inspired stuff on the Playstation 1. Psygnosis had lots of weird titles.
I am always impressed by what that console could do. It is even better when you double the resolution on an emulator.
That is where the MiSTer kind of falls flat.

Last edited:
Damnation

Damnation_Packshot_P3_rgb.jpg

That 3/10 review from IGN looks really odd in hindsight. Its honestly solid. I really don't see why they decided to drag it through the mud. Then again, IGN is hardly a reliable source.

No one talks about Wet anymore. It has bullet time like Max Payne.
I adore that game. I wouldn't have minded a sequel... but in this day and age I'd rather leave it be.

The other day I came across a deal about that game, Metal Fatigue (Metal Conflict in Europe).
I had nearly forgotten it. But I remember that it was one of the first 3D RTS games, with mechas. I loved that game.
b0242dccfa63a167487d230720182b8d2b9a9c5dca419279c29ff5a15fa9c147_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_450.jpg

Wow. I remember renting this game. Dont remember anything about it except the Tenka name.

Talk about a perfect correlation to the thread title. This is the first time I have ever seen someone bring up Tenka ever on the net, and the first time I've thought of this game for 25 years.
I wish Sony put some of these random forgotten games on PS Plus. That would surprise and delight me. There are so many. i would be like “wtf!!” if they put something like Loaded and Re-Loaded on there

Betrayal at Krondor. One of the first CPRG that started the CRPG wave on the PC, without which we wouldn't have had Baldur's Gate.

I haven't heard anyone mention it in years.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Tenchu did not age very well graphically. I remember watching the ending.

I still like it, but it has that early PS1 game feel to it.

Here is a new retro game that needs more love.

Last edited:

Krathoon

There is totally a market for retro games done in the PS1 and Sega Saturn style.

Not many people are doing that. You could totally Shovel Knight that shit.

I have only seen the Haunted PS1 Disc games, Lunistice, Dread Delusion, and Devil Daggers.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I really like D, for the Saturn. It had a really creepy atmosphere, and I enjoyed the visuals.

Came to say this, first thing that popped into my mind.

EDIT: I'll also say...

Alundra:

Alundra.jpg

Such a nice forgotten game, a shame that they don't port it/re-release it.

EDIT2: Legacy of Kain and anything Amy Hennig touches.

EDIT3: Xenosaga 1/2/3
I feel alundra 2 is more forgotten then alundra1
I even think people don't know that sequel exist
You can't even find a full longplay for alundra2
On YouTube
It's really the definition of obscure game imo

Top Bottom