• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land reached my heart

angrod14

I just finished this game for the most part, with only some side collectibles to get for 100%. It was such a simple, straightforward yet magical experience.
I genuinly cared about Elfilin. When I rescued him and he soft-sacrificed himself in the end and said "Thank you for everything, Kirby" I thought I was going to tear up. Thankfully the dude stayed afterwards.

Everything is too got damned cute in this game. I don't know why but Nintendo games sometimes hit certain emotional strides in me, like in a nostalgic way; and I didn't even grow with Nintendo consoles, I grew up with PlayStation. I think they subconsciously take me to a simpler time in my life where I was innocent and that I know it will never be back. Maybe that's the nostalgia aspect. I remember Super Mario Galaxy having the same effect during the Wii era. It was a beautiful game but in a sad kind of way, it had this sense of loss and magic in it.

Anyways, the Forgotten Land was a joy to play and the collectibles are actually fun, not overblown and don't require a guide. This is the first 3D Kirby game, and I had a far better time with this than with Mario Odyssey. I thought all the moons in Odyssey were way too many and some of them require too much jumping in and out of different worlds, it was tedious. This was just pure joy. I know you aren't required to get everything, but let's be honest, the whole point of Nintendo games is to get full completion. If you're just going through the levels then there's no challenge.

I'm also playing Return to Dreamland and having a way better time with that than with Mario Wonder. Will definetely play Star Allies and the other Kirby games available on Switch in the future.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’d be extremely curious to hear your thoughts on return to dreamland. Is it too easy? Is it interesting compared to the forgotten land? Etc..

angrod14

I’d be extremely curious to hear your thoughts on return to dreamland. Is it too easy? Is it interesting compared to the forgotten land? Etc..
Return to Dreamland starts super easy, but it gets more and more challenging as you progress. At later levels it felt more dificult than the Forgotten Land, but as equally enjoyable.

Kuranghi

Yeah I loved it too, the only I didnt get was the time trophy in each challenge since it didn't count towards 100% and also because it was pretty rote to do most of the time. I found replaying the levels fun for the most part since you could speed through subsequent times but that ice bridge boss rush one was a shit haha. Thankfully you could cheese them later on when you had all the ultra powerful outfit upgrades.

Most transformations were amazing, the fucking mouth boat and the hydrant filling you with water was amazing ha. I'd definitely be up for a sequel (which surely is coming no? Not sure about sales and if that makes one less or more likely), one without an open world since not everything needs to have that but maybe with slightly more open levels.

Top Bottom