• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forgotten games that no one talks about anymore.

GymWolf

The bard's tale, basically baldur gate dark alliance\champions of norrath but with humor and a bard as a protagonist, a snarky narrator and summons, unmissable if you like the genre or just being a bard.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

38jKPFc.jpg

acidagfc

81RPKML-MBL.jpg

PC was the only version that got it right, and the last proper r6 game.

• 1 bullet would usually kill you, 2 if you got lucky
  • great audio (each gun was recorded in real-life, outdoor and indoors; no music so you could hear footsteps and enemy responses)
  • weapon-accurate, realistic reloads (and if you reloaded with 5 bullets left in the magazine, you'd lose those bullets)
  • could open doors by small amounts (also quieter than opening the door 100% all at once)
  • leaning around corners, crouching, prone, walking, running, which gun you were holding, if you were injured... all would significantly affect weapon accuracy and behavior
  • deathmatches were so scary (no noise for the longest time, then a bunch of it when two players found each other)
  • excellent ragdoll physics
I miss the old Tom Clancy games. They were not for everyone, but they were so fucking good.
The original Ghost Recon was also amazing.

Ubisoft ruined everything with Clancy name on it :(

Power Pro

I never played it personally, but a streamer I follow I watched play this game Aerobiz Supersonic for the SNES, and it was just kinda hypnotizing lol There's a lot of management games these days, but I can't think of ones for Airlines like this, and it's got some catchy music.

Business

Soldier of Fortune. First FPS I can recall that allowed you to chop arms and legs of human enemies with a gunshot.

RAIDEN1

The good thing is with the rise of emulation in recent years, you can play some of these classics on the PC and Xbox! (In theory anyway...)

Top Bottom