• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY by Atalanta in the second half trying to emulate Atletico and fuckball their way into the next round. Gods of football punished them. Not even sure why they did that, they were the better side in the first 45.

Dark Rider

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY by Atalanta in the second half trying to emulate Atletico and fuckball their way into the next round. Gods of football punished them. Not even sure why they did that, they were the better side in the first 45.

Atlético need to win their next game so we get Atlético vs PSG in the semi-final

Atlético need to win their next game so we get Atlético vs PSG in the semi-final

I hope they do. Mbappé should be fully recovered by then, maybe Tuchel will stop being a moron and actually start Paredes. Atlético could finally get the trouncing they deserve.

Yes I'm still salty. Real talk, it should be gettable for Atleti. I'm not a huge fan of how PSG plays, Atalanta lost composure and should have won this game. They need to get past Leipzig first, solid team.

Dark Rider

I hope they do. Mbappé should be fully recovered by then, maybe Tuchel will stop being a moron and actually start Paredes. Atlético could finally get the trouncing they deserve.

Yes I'm still salty. Real talk, it should be gettable for Atleti. I'm not a huge fan of how PSG plays, Atalanta lost composure and should have won this game. They need to get past Leipzig first, solid team.

As things stand now I think Atlético should make it to the final :pie_thinking:
But things can happen they could choke or PSG get lucky who knows
Will a PSG win over Atlético heal your salty wounds that Atlético inflected though?

As things stand now I think Atlético should make it to the final :pie_thinking:
But things can happen they could choke or PSG get lucky who knows
Will a PSG win over Atlético heal your salty wounds that Atlético inflected though?

Actually, surprisingly Atlético is the team still in the running that I would be happier to see win it all. I hope they take care of business against Leipzig, make it past PSG and survive the grindhouse that would be the final game against Man City or Bayern. That GAME still makes me very mad, but the TEAM doesn't. I find them very endearing and easy to root for.

Dark Rider

Actually, surprisingly Atlético is the team still in the running that I would be happier to see win it all. I hope they take care of business against Leipzig, make it past PSG and survive the grindhouse that would be the final game against Man City or Bayern. That GAME still makes me very mad, but the TEAM doesn't. I find them very endearing and easy to root for.

I think they have a very good chance to win it all this year if they maintain their top performance, they need to take it one match at a time and tomorrow they must show a solid top performance but they have an attack problem this season which is worrying against PSG (if they win tomorrow) and in the final.

I think they have a very good chance to win it all this year if they maintain their top performance, they need to take it one match at a time and tomorrow they must show a solid top performance but they have an attack problem this season which is worrying against PSG (if they win tomorrow) and in the final.

The final game is usually a tense affair with few scoring chances, but yeah, they need to be able to attack PSG. Basically do what Atalanta did in the first half for a whole game. Doubt Simeone would ever let his team slip mentally as hard as Atalanta did today.

Dark Rider

The final game is usually a tense affair with few scoring chances, but yeah, they need to be able to attack PSG. Basically do what Atalanta did in the first half for a whole game. Doubt Simeone would ever let his team slip mentally as hard as Atalanta did today.

The attack problem though that is plaguing them this season is a problem of not scoring as much as they should that is a huge problem

I think Atlético is better than PSG so they should win but if you have a problem scoring in a one match win or lose it all they could lose it

True. Still, I agree with you that they're better than PSG and they should be a more balanced team mentally. PSG looked way too nervous tonight, they just didn't get punched enough.

Dark Rider

Eric Di Meco (RMC's lead co-commentator, UCL winner with Marseille in 1993) has said he'll step back from commentating duties if PSG qualify for the Champions League final

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

According to Ronaldo's biographer, Juventus has been trying to offload Ronaldo for the last 6 months to get rid of his monster wages. Barcelona is only the latest in a string of candidates, which also included PSG and a return to Real

If he take a sizable wage cut we will take him back at Real Madrid :messenger_beaming:

Dark Rider

Héctor Bellerín- "Started with a cause to raise awareness of a global need to plant trees and offset carbon emissions. Got told we wouldn’t plant any... 50,000 trees now planted."

:messenger_beaming:

Dark Rider

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: "Messi plays on his side, Alphonso will take care of him. It's a difficult but interesting task. Alphonso hasn't been outpaced or dribbled past often this season"

Does Alphonso approve of him saying this? Alphonso is the one who will get the consequences
He is saying it's his job to deal with him but still why paint a target on your player back for Messi

Alphonso Davies: "My dad called me, and he was like: ‘So you’re playing against your favourite player, I see.’ And I went: ‘Yeah.’ And then we started laughing. We couldn’t even believe it, because he knows I looked up to Messi when I was younger."

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Rivaldo on Real Madrid's loss against Man City: "It's hard for me to understand why Vinícius didn't play after what he managed to do this season. I am sure that if he had played it would have been a headache for Guardiola but he stayed on the bench (...) It's a controversial decision by Zidane."

I have to agree, Zidane just gave Hazard the chance to make it his match to shine but he failed sadly.

DKehoe

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: "Messi plays on his side, Alphonso will take care of him. It's a difficult but interesting task. Alphonso hasn't been outpaced or dribbled past often this season"

Does Alphonso approve of him saying this? Alphonso is the one who will get the consequences
He is saying it's his job to deal with him but still why paint a target on your player back for Messi

Alphonso Davies: "My dad called me, and he was like: ‘So you’re playing against your favourite player, I see.’ And I went: ‘Yeah.’ And then we started laughing. We couldn’t even believe it, because he knows I looked up to Messi when I was younger."

Yeh when I saw Rummenigge had said this I did think Davies wouldn’t thank him for it. Davies is a great young talent but completely shutting down Messi is, to put it mildly, a big ask.

Dark Rider

Yeh when I saw Rummenigge had said this I did think Davies wouldn’t thank him for it. Davies is a great young talent but completely shutting down Messi is, to put it mildly, a big ask.

To be fair to KHR in German it does not mean he will or exactly expected to but rather it is his responsibility/job to do it but still why make a comment that put a target on the back of your player? especially a young talent to put him under pressure that's stupid.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Felix have a big impact so far
Yeah. Atletico will probably win in extra time. They seem more dangerous now.

There is a lad in Ireland who is hoping for an Atletico win. Not me, I'd be cashing out if it was me.
C2DpTE2.jpg

aFEGpsk.jpg

Dark Rider

Leipzig knock Atlético out of the UCL
Atlético choked and bottled it, they can only blame themselves they had no excuse not to make it to the final with this draw

now PSG have no excuse they must make it to the final

Leipzig knock Atlético out of the UCL
Atlético choked and bottled it, they can only blame themselves they had no excuse not to make it to the final with this draw

now PSG have no excuse they must make it to the final

Man I understand playing defensively against Liverpool, but they played like cowards today. They didn't even try to control the match until Leipzig scored, and then once they equalized they settled for it, like yeah baby just give me overtime. Very disappointing and they deserved to lose.

Dark Rider

Atletico is such a dirty team, so happy they losed.

what's your prediction for Barcelona match? :pie_thinking:

Man I understand playing defensively against Liverpool, but they played like cowards today. They didn't even try to control the match until Leipzig scored, and then once they equalized they settled for it, like yeah baby just give me overtime. Very disappointing and they deserved to lose.

Truly they screwed themselves this time, getting a very lucky draw is rare and when it happen you must take full advantage. It is what it is in the end.

notseqi

Tell him to watch some WC2014 footage, it needs more than one person with an eye on him but it can and will be done.

Forza Leipzig

Jon Neu

Banned
Bayern are the favorites no doubt but I still think Barcelona have a decent chance to win.

Well, obviously anything can happen. But Barça is so weak right now physically, most of it's best players are old such as Pique, Busquets, Alba, Suarez, Messi... They are not at their best level anymore.

I don't think Barça is ready to play against a team with such a level of physicality but also a top notch level of technique such as Bayern. I'm afraid it's another Liverpool situation waiting to happen.

Bartomeu has utterly destroyed the institution.

Dark Rider

Tell him to watch some WC2014 footage, it needs more than one person with an eye on him but it can and will be done.

Forza Leipzig

Welcome to the football thread :messenger_beaming:
who do you support?

Well, obviously anything can happen. But Barça is so weak right now physically, most of it's best players are old such as Pique, Busquets, Alba, Suarez, Messi... They are not at their best level anymore.

I don't think Barça is ready to play against a team with such a level of physicality but also a top notch level of technique such as Bayern. I'm afraid it's another Liverpool situation waiting to happen.

Bartomeu has utterly destroyed the institution.

I understand that and I agree most likely Bayern will win but I will still acknowledge Barcelona chances :pie_thinking:
By the way welcome to the football threat :messenger_beaming:

Jon Neu

Banned
Just by looking at some of the La Masia former players that are now playing across Europe you can already feel the utter stupidity of the people at charge in the club.

-Adama. One of the best players of the Premier League.
-Dani Olmo. Great young talent, today scored the first goal.
-Icardi. Good striker.
-Eric Garcia. Promising CB.
-Thiago Alcantara. Amazing midfielder.
-Bellerin. Really quick and attacking RB.
-Onana. Good GK.
-Grimaldo. Good attacking LB.
-Luis Alberto. Good attacking MF.
-Rafinha. Versatile MF.

Bartra, Keita, Cucurella, Masip, Montoya, Sergi Gomez, Sandro, Munir...

You could have made an amazing team just with La Masia players alone, but most of those players were sold for a tiny amount of money or got out for free.

you go, girl!

edit: gonna be another 7:0

This is a hard to predict sport homie because it's possibly the one team sport where the lesser team is able to win now and then. That being said, logic dictates that Bayern will STURMPANZERWAGEN the fuck out of Barcelona. They're the much, much better side.

Last edited:
Top Bottom