• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

3js.png

DKehoe

[Official] Nottingham Forest FC announce the signing of Jesse Lingard.

I don't get why the video opens on London. He's from Warrington.

That aside, wish him all the best. Always good to see players from the academy do well.

Last edited:
Sounds like a bet. If Newcastle go down, I'll take on the bet that Birmingham finish above them. Not sure if we can easily change usernames, but I'll let you pic whatever profile pic you want. We also have to keep the pics for 12 months.

Deal?

Yo, just remembered this. Believe you escape this on a technicality that we didn't actually go down lol.

Dark Rider

Paul Pogba may return from his injury in 2023 and hence may miss the World Cup. Juventus' plan was for Pogba to undergo surgery in Santa Monica however the recovery time is estimated to take longer than two months. He will see doctors in Turin and France before making a decision.

Dark Rider

[Canal Supporters] Thomas Meunier: “I have to admit that I was a big fan of Neymar when he was at Barcelona…If I was ten years old, I would have had a poster of him in my bedroom. From my point of view, in Paris, he lost his magic.” Neymar Jr: “Too talkative this boy”

Dark Rider

Pep Guardiola when thanked for his seven years so far at ManCity: " Thank You. We will try to do it again."

Manchester City is only getting stronger. Haaland have a proper midfield behind him and a club that is well organized, he has all the tools to tear it up in England. I expect Manchester City to win the league in England again next season.

Labadal

Pep Guardiola when thanked for his seven years so far at ManCity: " Thank You. We will try to do it again."

Manchester City is only getting stronger. Haaland have a proper midfield behind him and a club that is well organized, he has all the tools to tear it up in England. I expect Manchester City to win the league in England again next season.
Unfortunately. If I was a betting man, I would bet on City.

JLB

Banned

Dark Rider

Barcelona and Laporta are playing russian roulette with its current strategy. IF it works, it will be a masterplan of how to recover a club in record time. IF it fails... it will be the end of the club as we know it, and probably will need to become a private entity.

If it fails they still can selvage it in my opinion with a good leadership and sacrifice to their position as a top club for a few years. Losing your place as a top club is the scariest thing because you can never be sure you will be back on top again, will that be enough for the club to sell out remain to be seen, currently they are gambling a lot. I think Barcelona will actually do good next season to be honest I don't think they will fail.

Dark Rider

[Informacion] Barça has just auctioned off its first NFT for $550,000. The club will sell 9 more. The buyer will receive a series of benefits such as access to training sessions and VIP experiences at the club, be named "Barça digital ambassador."

[Informacion] Barça has just auctioned off its first NFT for $550,000. The club will sell 9 more. The buyer will receive a series of benefits such as access to training sessions and VIP experiences at the club, be named "Barça digital ambassador."

People are fucking stupid.

Labadal

It was a good win for Liverpool. Not that the Community Shield trophy is important to me, but it builds confidence.

It's funny to see people pick on Haaland, just because of one miss. I play Fantasy Premier League, and put him has my captain for game week 1.

DKehoe

It was a good win for Liverpool. Not that the Community Shield trophy is important to me, but it builds confidence.

It's funny to see people pick on Haaland, just because of one miss. I play Fantasy Premier League, and put him has my captain for game week 1.
Yeh people were looking for their Haaland/Nunez story and so they got it. But if I'm not mistaken that was only Haaland's second time playing for City? And from what I saw (I was on a stag night so we were hopping between pubs during the game) it's not like he played poorly. People just want an easy story.

JLB

Banned
Yeh people were looking for their Haaland/Nunez story and so they got it. But if I'm not mistaken that was only Haaland's second time playing for City? And from what I saw (I was on a stag night so we were hopping between pubs during the game) it's not like he played poorly. People just want an easy story.
I watch the whole match, Haaland barely touch the ball and missed an impossible chance.
On the other hand, Nuñez played great, generated many chances (included the one that ended up in the penalty) and made a great definition in the last goal.

Prison Mike

Banned
I watch the whole match, Haaland barely touch the ball and missed an impossible chance.
On the other hand, Nuñez played great, generated many chances (included the one that ended up in the penalty) and made a great definition in the last goal.
Players miss chances let's see the stats at the end of the season when it matters.
That said nunez did look very good.

Labadal

Nunez missed a siiter or two.

Haaland had a few runs where the City midfield should have passed him the ball.

I think City will win the league again. I hope Liverpool get CL football, and the rest of the table is whatever. I wouldn't shed tears if Man United misses CL, but ten Hag seems competent enough.

JLB

Banned
BOMBA

Spanish LaLiga to be EA SPORTS LaLiga

Dark Rider

[Sky Sports] Erik ten Hag on how long from being able to play in the Premier League Ronaldo is: "I can't tell at this moment, he is definitely not on the level what our squad's players are at the moment because he missed a lot of weeks. He needs games and a lot of training."

Basically saying Cristiano is unfit yet must be the biggest insult to Cristiano.

Dark Rider

[GETAFE OFFICIAL] : Borja Mayoral new signing for Getafe. Welcome back to the azulona family Borja Mayoral #VamosGeta #MayoralAzulón

We need to offload more.

Top Bottom