• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Prison Mike

Banned
Watford getting a slice too. As a City fan how do you feel about Sancho having left the club? I remember being surprised by that at the time because he and Foden were their big youth prospects.
I think he made the right choice for his career to be honest glad it worked out for him.That said hope he has a fucking mare at you lot lol.

Dark Rider

(Jose Felix Diaz) Real Madrid's directors are clear. Rafael Varane does not want to stay in the team and they are going to meet his request to facilitate his departure. That if in exchange for a good amount of money, which could be around 50 million euros.

He is leaving this time, for real.

Dark Rider

🎙| Toni Kroos: “I don't want to accuse anyone in Germany because there are many fans who appreciate me, but sometimes I had the feeling that some did not appreciate what I did in my 11 years. In Spain it’s different, everyone is grateful since my first game in the last 7 years.”

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] Martin Ødegaard officially confirms that he’s not re-joining Arsenal, despite Arsenal wanted to sign him. Real Madrid plan is to keep Martin. Isco could leave the club if the right bid will arrive. Ødegaard message to Arsenal fans: “You’ll have a special place in my heart”.

Dark Rider

Dark Rider

[Jose Felix Diaz] Tottenham are asking Real Madrid to play a friendly match this summer, because of a clause included in Gareth Bale's transfer in 2013, that forces Real Madrid to play the friendly against Tottenham

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
[The Athletic] Relations between Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy and Harry Kane are pretty much broken at this point after Kane let it be known publicly that he wants to leave this summer

Tottenham would be better off cashing in on Kane.

If they don't sell him he'll be unhappy, and an unhappy not only doesn't perform, but can also drag down the moral of the whole squad.

Maybe see if Man City would do a cash plus swap deal for Gabriel Jesus?

Dark Rider

Tottenham would be better off cashing in on Kane.

If they don't sell him he'll be unhappy, and an unhappy not only doesn't perform, but can also drag down the moral of the whole squad.

Maybe see if Man City would do a cash plus swap deal for Gabriel Jesus?

If they sell to Manchester City though the rest of the league will hate them for strengthening a rival. The problem is not many clubs can pay their asking price so they put themselves in a corner.

Dark Rider

[Matteo Moretto] Barça are awaiting the right offer. That's right, Antoine Griezmann can leave. The Premier League is an option - especially with all with money and players as exchanges. But let's see what the Frenchman and his family, who are still very fond of Madrid, think. It is not a surprise.

Dark Rider

IDKFA

If they sell to Manchester City though the rest of the league will hate them for strengthening a rival. The problem is not many clubs can pay their asking price so they put themselves in a corner.

This is the problem for Kane. Daniel Levy wouldn't sell Kane for a cheap price. He doesn't need to either as Kane still has 3 years left on his contract. We're taking 100 million plus. Who can afford that?

Possibly Man utd, but they've just got Sancho for almost 80 mil, plus are close to getting Varane. They would need to sell players to raise funds.

PSG could afford Kane, but do they need him? Probably not.

Spanish clubs like Real and Barca are broke, which isn't surprising when you look at their shocking wage budgets (Bale on £600,000 per week for example at Real), so that rules them out.

Man City is the only realistic option. I know Pep has said that he doesn't think they'll sign a striker, but they can't rely on Jesus alone, so they're going to have to dig deep, but deep enough to satisfy Daniel Levy? I doubt it.

Kane could we'll end staying at Spurs.

Dark Rider

This is the problem for Kane. Daniel Levy wouldn't sell Kane for a cheap price. He doesn't need to either as Kane still has 3 years left on his contract. We're taking 100 million plus. Who can afford that?

Possibly Man utd, but they've just got Sancho for almost 80 mil, plus are close to getting Varane. They would need to sell players to raise funds.

PSG could afford Kane, but do they need him? Probably not.

Spanish clubs like Real and Barca are broke, which isn't surprising when you look at their shocking wage budgets (Bale on £600,000 per week for example at Real), so that rules them out.

Man City is the only realistic option. I know Pep has said that he doesn't think they'll sign a striker, but they can't rely on Jesus alone, so they're going to have to dig deep, but deep enough to satisfy Daniel Levy? I doubt it.

Kane could we'll end staying at Spurs.

There are reports about Kane having a gentleman verbal agreement with Levy that if he wanted to leave that Levy will let him when they signed the last contract. Legally Levy have all the cards in hand to do whatever he pleases but if those reports are true then Kane will rightfully unhappy. If Kane can ruin the team spirit and their performance which will lead to his price dropping down so Kane do have options to make Levy suffer. How the press will frame everything is another whole topic.

IDKFA

Some choice cut transfer news for this morning.

Chelsea are prepared to offer up to £150m for Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Braut Haaland and the Stamford Bridge side have already held talks with the 20-year-old Norway international's camp.

I find this one hard to believe. They already have Werner. I know he hasn't performed well in the prem, but if Chelsea really want Haaland then surly it would be better to offer Werner plus cash?

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says the club "cannot afford" a new striker at the prices being asked and "there is more of a chance" the Premier League champions will not buy another forward.

Really? They just got rid of their best striker. Are they going to just have Jesus as their number one striker? They need somebody who is going to bang in 25 goals plus.

Dark Rider

Is there a link to the video somewhere?

Two actually, one was a leak and the other is on Barcelona official youtube channel of all places from back when he joined the club :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Chelsea are prepared to offer up to £150m for Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Braut Haaland and the Stamford Bridge side have already held talks with the 20-year-old Norway international's camp.

I find this one hard to believe. They already have Werner. I know he hasn't performed well in the prem, but if Chelsea really want Haaland then surly it would be better to offer Werner plus cash?

I agree with you that it is unlikely to be true, but it could be just a disruption tactic driving the price up so no one can buy him this time around so they are in better position to try to buy him next time.

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says the club "cannot afford" a new striker at the prices being asked and "there is more of a chance" the Premier League champions will not buy another forward.

Really? They just got rid of their best striker. Are they going to just have Jesus as their number one striker? They need somebody who is going to bang in 25 goals plus.

Maybe a tactic to pretend they are not interested or do not need a striker so other clubs don't hike the price. Alternatively they feel whoever they go for will get price hikes so if they fail they can say we didn't want one anyway :pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[Fabrizio Romano] José Mourinho: “I won three trophies at Manchester United and that was seen as a disaster. I reached a cup Final which I was not allowed to play at Tottenham, and that was seen as a disaster. What's a disaster for me is considered as a great success for others”. 🇵🇹 #MUFC #THFC

Dark Rider

I feel like Arsenal maybe don’t quite realise why people were asking for this

I feel it is a bit late, they should've done it before.

Well I can tell you now it’s going to be fucking nothing.

I disagree if they include the fans reactions and drama to how the club is in shambles.

All or Nothing Arsenal. Who asked for that unironically?

Many people who thought it was funny seeing Arsenal going from bad to worse.

I just remembered I need to watch the Juve documentary too, has it been released?

Dark Rider

[L'Equipe] Zidane is willing to wait for French NT coach position. He has turned down many offers so far. After witnessing the team's failure at Euro 2020, he doesn't envisage anything but the NT job

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
Who do you support (clubs)? :pie_thinking:

And to answer your question yes I'm currently watching it and also some others :messenger_smiling:
I'm rooting for Argentina. Watch (when I can) La Liga, BPL, Bundes, Ligue 1, Serie A, and honestly most competitive world football.

Top Bottom