• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2021/2022 |OT| The battle to survive, rebuilding after disaster.

As I said, maybe we’re best off agreeing to disagree on this. But yeh, both Rashford and Bruno were out of form last season. Again, I’m not saying Ronaldo is the singular problem at United.

Also, in terms of me not knowing what I’m talking about. Perhaps I’m not an expert. I’m not claiming to be. But you’re the person who thought that in the Champions League final Liverpool “should have just sat back deep.” So you might want to be careful about throwing stones in that glass house of yours.
Well, yeah, Madrid won by sitting back and counterattacking.

Banjo64

cumsessed
lHBrmgM.jpg

He’s a unit all right.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Is that a pic you took? Was good weather for it.

The size and pace of Haaland is going to scare the shit out of a lot of defenses this season.
Yeah, I took that. Here’s Spider-Man;

zTbrZtC.jpg

And the temple;

FCpHM36.jpg

Mate it’s been roasting hot today, unbelievable.

DKehoe

zTbrZtC.jpg

And the temple;

FCpHM36.jpg

Yeh it’s been roasting today. Looks like that guy in front of you in that first pic is gonna need some sun cream for the top of his head!

I’m curious what you (and Prison Mike Prison Mike for that matter) think City’s starting lineup looks like next season. In particular your attack. Haaland up front obviously but Foden and Graelish on the wings?

JLB

Banned

zTbrZtC.jpg

And the temple;

FCpHM36.jpg

Maaaan thats great! Looks all the 54 fans of man city congregate there /s

On other things, Barca is crafting a potential killer team (that if they finally get raphina, lewa, dembele and kounde).

Dark Rider

[Manchester United] on Twitter: HarryMaguire93 will continue to lead the Reds in 2022/23

doing this the club will make the drama about this issue even worse in the media, they should have said nothing.

• LOL
Reactions: JLB

DKehoe

Every Man United fan I know irl went crazy after today's game.
Beating your biggest rival is never going to be a bad thing and it's a nice start to the EtH era. But pre-season games don't mean a huge amount really. I've seen United smash great teams and then go on to have a shit season. So I don't think it's necessarily a guarantee of amazing things to come.

Labadal

United looked decent, but it's just funny how they are all over me because Liverpool lost.

I will admit, though, that United seem to have many talented young players in their squad.

I also agree that pre-season performances isn't always what will happen during regular season.

From the game, both Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips need to be sold. Oxlaide isn't good enough, and Curtis Jones should probably be moved on next season.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[BBC] Reece James: "I'd like to think [my long-term future is at #Chelsea]. I grew up as a Chelsea fan and I made my name playing for Chelsea. I don't see why anything would change. I play for Chelsea now and I enjoy it."

Dark Rider

They shouldn't be allowed to renew contracts or sign players if they own their own players wages.

La liga has its own FFP rules and enforce them HARD, if Barcelona does not meet the cut line they will not be able to register the players and thus they can't play. Barcelona will not sign players and pay them if they can't play them. Expect more commercial deals to be announced by Barcelona to help them limp over the line.

Labadal

But from what I understand, they owe de Jong money, do they not? Or is he lying?

This shouldn't just be for Barcelona, but for every club.

Dark Rider

But from what I understand, they owe de Jong money, do they not? Or is he lying?

The commercial deals they are making to limp over the line is hundreds of millions worth, they can pay him fine once they actually do legally file all deals papers.

This shouldn't just be for Barcelona, but for every club.

La Liga FFP rules do apply to every single club in the league and they are all smacked regularly by it to keep everyone in line, I know the media is only mentioning Barcelona at the moment which might give you the impression it is only them getting hit but I assure you that is not the case, ALL clubs get hit by it.

Straight and to the point.

JLB

Banned
Van djik was about that
Ruben dias too
And Harry mag...... Get ya point

To be fair I dont think that Madrid paying 80M for Tchuamení is reasonable as well. Those numbers IMO are only justifiable for world class center forwards (Haaland) or creative midfielders like De Bruyne.

If Barcelona and Bayern face off in UCL (and let us face it that is likely to happen after his transfer saga) he risks to be memed to hell and back if Bayern beat them.
But it is to be expected. Barca are in no way or shape or form to compete in any form of tournament and they've suffered to many humiliations already for it to even mean anything.

Top Bottom