• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

Rien

Jelly Belly
Messi stays at Barcelona now?? What a weak sack of shit.. sorry. Best football player for sure but crybaby as well.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Beautiful avatar right there my man, I'm listening to Greensleeves from Africa/Brass right now and Trane was DIFFERENT.

First of all huge compliments to your musical taste, suprised to see Trane and/or jazz fans here.

And yeah.. Coltrane is my God. I wish I sound like him, his sound was one not to fuck around with. His tone was and still is the most personal Saxophone sound ever played if you ask me.

You should check out the documentary Chasing Trane on Netflix if you havent seen it yet. Awesome

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I admit that

1. messi is a great player and i love watching his dribbles and visionary passing
2. i like to see him in EPL

That said, there are persistant rumors that messi is really a prima donna, his passive demure in public is just a front. He likes to pull strings in the background with the most none obvious methods. He doesnt respect his coaches.
He didnt make a noise with how Barca have failed lamasia, the place of his origins. He didnt make much noise about how legends Xavi and Iniesta left.
IIRC he never spoke to Pep after him leaving barca

Argentina almost won the WC, but luck was against them. That is history.
since then messi has been enacting his negative influence on his NT.

This guy just gives off a sneaky vibe 🤷‍♀️
The rumors are rumors, nobody knows for sure. Also, he isn't being sneaky, all the details are in this interview, you can make up your mind. He wants to leave, but he won't enter a legal war with the club for that.

First of all huge compliments to your musical taste, suprised to see Trane and/or jazz fans here.

And yeah.. Coltrane is my God. I wish I sound like him, his sound was one not to fuck around with. His tone was and still is the most personal Saxophone sound ever played if you ask me.

You should check out the documentary Chasing Trane on Netflix if you havent seen it yet. Awesome

I'm a big jazz fan and Trane is second only to Andrew Hill in my book and even then it's impossibly close. You chose a very good God, his playing was incredible and it sounds like a maze that reveals new details every time. Dude left so much material and it's all so DENSE, so he's been gone for over 50 years but it feels like he's still around. It should be mandatory listening, it should be taught in school. We could always try to be more disciplined and more driven by what we believe in and his stuff sounds exactly like that. He was a man on a mission.

I'll check out that documentary for sure, I didn't know about it. Thanks for the recomendation!

Rien

Jelly Belly
I'm a big jazz fan and Trane is second only to Andrew Hill in my book and even then it's impossibly close. You chose a very good God, his playing was incredible and it sounds like a maze that reveals new details every time. Dude left so much material and it's all so DENSE, so he's been gone for over 50 years but it feels like he's still around. It should be mandatory listening, it should be taught in school. We could always try to be more disciplined and more driven by what we believe in and his stuff sounds exactly like that. He was a man on a mission.

I'll check out that documentary for sure, I didn't know about it. Thanks for the recomendation!

Amen to that bro!!

There is something in his sound that I can’t describe. There isn’t really another player that has that sound. It sort of resonates with me on a deeper level.
His stoie
Know Point of Departure from Hill (didnt it have Joe Henderson on tenor on the record)? I am fairly new to jazz (4 years or so) so I will do a bit research.

Documentary is good! Not the best bio but gives nice insights.

Enjoy

Sorry for the off-topic ppl.

Melfice7

If what Messi says is the truth then he will have no problem leaving next year for free right? he just has 1 year left in contract

Know Point of Departure from Hill (didnt it have Joe Henderson on tenor on the record)? I am fairly new to jazz (4 years or so) so I will do a bit research.

Yup, Joe Henderson, Eric Dolphy, Kenny Dorham, Richard Davis, Tony Williams... Just a stellar line-up. The rest of his 60's albums are all phenomenal, Compulsion is the most metal post-bop album ever lol.

Back to football, it looks like Klopp will play Liverpool a bit differently at least to start the season. They played 4-2-1-3 with Minamino playing alongside the offensive trio. Minamino could be a huge player this season.

Dark Rider

Ramos becomes the highest goal scoring defender in the history of international football with his 23rd goal for spain, 8th in Spain’s goal scoring history

Melfice7

Ronaldo with 101 goals for Portugal, highest goals of any european national team, coming for Ali Daei's world record of 109 soon

Dark Rider

Toni Kroos: “I was lucky to arrive at Madrid as the recent world champion. So my team mates knew that I wasn’t a loser. But the fact of having been here for six years and having won the Champions League three times in a row was more than I expected.”

:messenger_smiling:

Dark Rider

On this day in 2005, Real Madrid unveiled new signing Sergio Ramos. The rest is history. 650 Games, 22 Trophies with 4 UCL titles

Sergio Ramos will renew with a salary reduction to continue help improve the financial situation at the club.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned

2zMK7Ox.gif

lol messi plays better football at 8 than me at 18(stealth brag)

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Eden Hazard turned up overweight, which upset Zidane. Real Madrid are upset with Hazard as well, because the player is not in required condition and it's a repeat of what happened last year. The player said last year that he loves to enjoy summer and eat then again this year.

Last season was waved away and Hazard was given another chance, I hope he doesn't throw it away.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Any UK football club below the top half of the Championship is in danger of collapse if there's no gate revenue at all for much longer.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Ffuuuuuucckkkkkkkk, football is back. Finally. Try and do an OT this weekend but for now - FFFUCCKCKKKKKKKK

The defence of our league starts now. City will be back, we won't be able to sustain what we did last season, Chelsea have bought well, can see Everton being a surprise package for CL place. Arsenal and United look to be getting back to where they need to be.

Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Barca playing well offensively under Koeman.
How do you say if someone kicks you in the butt and says - "it is gratis!"

Freekick

Top Bottom