• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2019/2020 |OT| Does Your Team Got What It Takes To Be Crowned?

Dark Rider

It seems fair to expect the manager to want to outline roles for his players to fit into a system that suits the overall team dynamic as well as individual talents. He could just build the whole team around whatever role Ronaldo wants to play but I don’t think many managers would be happy about being dictated to like that.

If building the team around him is the most this team can achieve then is it really being dictated or getting the best out of the situation? The manager will still be calling the shots but if the best decisions are just to play the way Cristiano need then seeing to it is something the manager may consider doing.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

As a Barcelona fan born and raised I cant wait for Friday's match!

We are going to get obliterated lmao

Bayern look more solid at the moment than Barcelona so they are the favorites but you do have a very decent chance of going through and knocking them out so don't lose hope, also keep in mind this is a one leg tie so you never know :messenger_beaming:

DKehoe

If building the team around him is the most this team can achieve then is it really being dictated or getting the best out of the situation? The manager will still be calling the shots but if the best decisions are just to play the way Cristiano need then seeing to it is something the manager may consider doing it.

If that's what Pirlo chooses then fair enough but it was more about the issue of him being dictated to by a player, which historically speaking goes badly for a team.

Also, it was a joke.

Dark Rider

If that's what Pirlo chooses then fair enough but it was more about the issue of him being dictated to by a player, which historically speaking goes badly for a team.

Also, it was a joke.

I feel you are picturing it as Cristiano doing the couching while the manager is crying in the corner.
How I picture it is the manager doing everything as usual and making his plans to fit Cristiano.

Sorry I must have missed your joke :messenger_beaming:

Bayern look more solid at the moment than Barcelona so they are the favorites but you do have a very decent chance of going through and knocking them out so don't lose hope, also keep in mind this is a one leg tie so you never know :messenger_beaming:

If we lose, I'd rather have us lose scandalously. Even if Messi miraculously carries us to a win in quarter finals, I don't think we are in any shape to repeat the feat two times more. If Bayern doesn't tear us to shreds, City or PSG will.

I'm fed up with this board and I'd like the club to get a good shake - from the ground up

Dark Rider

If we lose, I'd rather have us lose scandalously. Even if Messi miraculously carries us to a win in quarter finals, I don't think we are in any shape to repeat the feat two times more. If Bayern doesn't tear us to shreds, City or PSG will.

I'm fed up with this board and I'd like the club to get a good shake - from the ground up

You are over estimating Manchester City and PSG
you'r actual threads are Bayern and Atlético so if you go through Bayern it's only one more team to worry about.

the board will not get reelected no matter what so throwing up a UCL to get rid of them is just unnecessary

You are over estimating Manchester City and PSG
you'r actual threads are Bayern and Atlético so if you go through Bayern it's only one more team to worry about.

the board will not get reelected no matter what so throwing up a UCL to get rid of them is just unnecessary

I actually can't see Atletico defeating us - mostly because Barcelona seems to pep up when playing against them. I've found our team is extremely dependent on their mood. Also let's not forget that Atletico has currrently two players affected by COVID. By the time we need to face them they might have lost several key players.

PSG has lots of star power and City has a very solid block and a very competent coach (Pep come back pls) so I'm more scared of them.

mekes

Why do people assume Pirlo will ask Cristiano to do things? what IF Pirlo asked Cristiano "hey what can we do to help you on the pitch?" instead?

Also Cristiano would also have a good chance to win last year ballon d'or too instead of Messi, now Cristiano have one less ballon d'or than Messi.
He can blame himself for what he lost.
We could achieve more if he stayed but sooner or later we had to rebuild so the suffering just started earlier.

Do you think he left because of the court case about taxes? Its convenient that he left just before the verdict? It seemed Madrid let him go quite easily.

Dark Rider

I actually can't see Atletico defeating us - mostly because Barcelona seems to pep up when playing against them. I've found our team is extremely dependent on their mood. Also let's not forget that Atletico has currrently two players affected by COVID. By the time we need to face them they might have lost several key players.

PSG has lots of star power and City has a very solid block and a very competent coach (Pep come back pls) so I'm more scared of them.

Atlético can't defeat you in the domestic league, look at their track record against you in UCL in the last decade and you will see they have the edge.

Both Manchester City and PSG don't have the tactical discipline to beat you if you are on top of your game, Manchester City is better than PSG playing as a unit but both are not good enough. Having one leg ties increase their chances of pulling one off and running away with it though I'll give you that but in terms of a full unit from defense to attack? they are not there yet.

Atlético have a problem with their attack though so we will see about that. The COVID cases may or may not effect them depending on how they are conducting their business returning from vacation, if they have something similar to Real Madrid system the cases will be isolated before they meet the rest of the gang anyway.

Do you think he left because of the court case about taxes? Its convenient that he left just before the verdict? It seemed Madrid let him go quite easily.

One of the things that upset him yes but in Spain your first criminal record get suspension jail time so all he had to do was pay up and he will be free to go (this is exactly what happened with Messi and rest of the gang) but he was not happy how Barcelona came out as a club officially to the public and spoke in favor of Messi while Real Madrid did no such thing for him (or any other player for that matter). But there were other things that Cristiano was not happy about regarding his age and new contract and how Real Madrid handle aging players contracts, Real Madrid don't accept being held hostage by any players with no exception and there is always the air that no player is bigger than the club and that the club is above all, of course looking how Barcelona bend in all directions for Messi made him feel he is not treated as much as a king as he think he should. Truth of the matter is it is all his ego and he was given much more in terms of resources, money and support but he must understand that still he is not above the club. Ultimately he left and that is fine by me yes as fans we wish he stayed but most if not all the fans agree that he is not above the club period.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Carl Dickinson on terminating his Watford contract in 2013: "They were like, we'll give you 50% (of wages owed). I said I'm gonna go out there and injure all your fucking new lads. Two days later I was gone."

:messenger_astonished:

Dark Rider

Atlético de Madrid on Twitter: The new PCR tests have resulted negative in the rest of the players and coaches of the first team

Dark Rider

Zorc "We plan with Sancho. He'll be playing with us next season. The decision is final. I think that answers all the questions"

Ed disagree

Dark Rider

Bosz was asked if Chelsea transfer target Havertz has played his final game with Bayer Leverkusen and replied. “Yes, I can exclusively announce he’ll play for Heracles Almelo!”

Heracles Almelo sign Kai Havertz

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dark Rider

Bordalás says he is staying at Getafe.

I hope he stays but he must look how the club completely crashed after the lock down and make sure it never happen again, it cost them playing in Europe AND knocked them out of the UEL against Inter.

Dark Rider

Sacchi on Sarri getting sacked:“Sarri had accepted a Mission Impossible at Juventus. He needed patience and collaboration but the directors always believed in different values.Their motto is: winning is the only thing that matters.That way you ignore factors like merit, culture and evolution".

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
That miss by Neymar lol.
The opportunity is a copy of the one in the 2015 final which he scored with Messi and Suarez at the side.
Knowing you have to carry the team fucks with your head.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Dybala’s contract renewal negotiation is now on-hold. Paulo asks for 15 M€/yr, the club offer 8 M€ plus bonus. The gap is big. Dybala wants to stay but the same doubts of last summer are resurfacing within Juve’s management.

It will be interesting IF this is true.

Dark Rider

That miss by Neymar lol.
The opportunity is a copy of the one in the 2015 final which he scored with Messi and Suarez at the side.
Knowing you have to carry the team fucks with your head.

If he wanted to be regarded in the same level as Messi/Cristiano he must able to carry the team when needed, if he can't do that he will forever be below them.

Dark Rider

Modric doesn't want to be a problem for Madrid, he wants to continue but will lower his salary in order to help the club financially. Real sees Ødegaard as his replacement and with Luka at the club, the transition should be smooth.

:messenger_smiling:

Dark Rider

OFFICIAL: Dani Parejo signs for Villareal.

Confirmed. Valencia CF will not get a single euro for Dani Parejo, who will play for Villarreal. Four seasons (3 + 1), transfer bonus and the same salary as in Valencia. He gets to keep his house, Salary, and Villarreal gets a top player for nothing

Dani Parejo breaks down in tears while wishing farewell to Valencia Fans in a press conference.

Parejo: "Nobody told me the reason of my departure, they didn't tell me if it was because of the salary, or it was a sports related reason.."

Over a thousand Valencia fans reunited in Mestalla this afternoon to protest against owner Peter Lim. With candles and banners they simulated a funeral of the club after the last sportive decisions made by the club directives.

Peter Lim is truly a cancer upon Valencia.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Cerezo (Atleti president): "We’ve played in three finals and for a variety of circumstances we didn’t’ win any. Football owes us a Champions League and I hope that’s what happens. That’s the way football is, we had one hand on the trophy thrice and we let it slip. We want to erase those memories."

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

Onda Cero: Real Madrid rejected an offer from Arsenal to extend Ceballos’ loan last week. The player has been asked to report for preseason but that doesn’t mean he will spend next season with Real Madrid. He is not in Zidane’s plans and club would cash in for right bid.

"Arsenal director of football got in touch with his Real Madrid counterpart last week. Arsenal, who covered Ceballos full salary this season and paid €4m loan fees, didn’t want to pay such fees and asked to cover half the wages. Real Madrid rejected that proposal. "

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom