• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake Specs Revealed For Console And PC

HL3.exe

yeah but that was Unreal Engine... which recently is trying super hard to become the new Unity Engine.
I am way more concerned that they fucked up the game's design and not so much about how it runs tbh. Frostbite is very solid.
Wait, "recently" as in since 1998? Unreal for the longest time has been a licensable third-party engine. The barrier has been lowered since 2015 for general use.

Also, as far as tools and workability go, wasn't Frostbite a train wreck for anything other than multiplayer first person shooters? Hell, it didn't even have a dedicated animation system, persistent entity systems, etc. Meaning every team has to be built it's own added toolset from scratch. All for the sake of dodging licensing costs.

https://www.vg247.com/how-the-frost...e-for-ea-in-general-and-bioware-in-particular

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
At this point they really should pretend like if the consoles don't have RT and focus on the 60fps mode. Who wants to play at sub 30fps 4K (ish) just to have RT? Nice for marketing pics I guess?
100% agree. Raytracing isn't possible on these consoles. It's either such a pared back version of raytracing that it's practically impossible to tell what benefits you're getting... or it destroys performance. Or both.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Yep RT is just a marketing tool at this point, for consoles anyway. They can't handle it. Its like 1080p on PS3 generation. You get near SD resolutions, or a terrible framerate. Even in last-gen ports. I knew when I first played on my PS5 and tried DMCV RT mode.

Even native 4k is sort of a pipe dream now. It works in some games but also at the cost of framerate. You are better off using something like 1440p-1800p at 60fps.

OZ9000

Banned
RT is honestly trash for 99% of games and is a pointless addition other than imposing a huge performance penalty.

SkylineRKR

RT is honestly trash for 99% of games and is a pointless addition other than imposing a huge performance penalty.

It works for some atmospheric games like Control and Dead Space I guess. But in Doom Eternal for example, its fucking useless. That game requires so much attention and muscle memory that I don't give a shit about the scenery or reflections. But the penalty is indeed too high.

OZ9000

Banned
It works for some atmospheric games like Control and Dead Space I guess. But in Doom Eternal for example, its fucking useless. That game requires so much attention and muscle memory that I don't give a shit about the scenery or reflections. But the penalty is indeed too high.
In Doom Eternal you can't tell the difference.

Control is probably one of the few games where RT benefits, but the rest of the game looks so bland and drab that it requires RT.

5600x + 3060 or ps5 , that's the question !
3600 + 3060ti or ps5, that's the question!

Well not really, I'm going to wait this one out.
After seeing the bs changes they did, and it being hyper woke EA.
Yeah I'll wait for user reviews and a price drop.
Got me fire emblem instead for now.
I can also play both of the originals on pc, steam deck, or my pc using steam deck docked or steam link. Options.

All that being said, if i was going to get this now, it would be on ps5. Too hard reqs and storage for my steam deck and I don't
play survial horror on my pc desktop much. Would rather have it for tv play. Yes I can stream it but why when ps5 is an option and its load times for games are fantastic.

Last edited:
3600 + 3060ti or ps5, that's the question!

Well not really, I'm going to wait this one out.
After seeing the bs changes they did, and it being hyper woke EA.
Yeah I'll wait for user reviews and a price drop.
Got me fire emblem instead for now.
I can also play both of the originals on pc, steam deck, or my pc using steam deck docked or steam link. Options.

All that being said, if i was going to get this now, it would be on ps5. Too hard reqs and storage for my steam deck and I don't
play survial horror on my pc desktop much. Would rather have it for tv play. Yes I can stream it but why when ps5 is an option and its load times for games are fantastic.
My ps5's poor SSD is suffering ! That's another problem ! If i get it on ps5 i'll have to move GOW because i just finished it !

bad
bad modes on consoles.
bad modes are bad when it's a trade off
bad modes are bad when 30fps mode got this extreme slow input lag unlike proper 30fps
bad modes are when performance mode is lacking graphical features instead of just using dynamic res + upscaling
The RT pipeline dev cycle makes no sense if they still have to place lights and crap all around for non RT users
This is the problem. As someone who doesn't even have a 4k monitor or tv but still on 1080p. I just want a great looking picture. The problem is even the "fidelity graphics modes", they don't tailor it for multiple resolutions.
When I hit graphics mode, it assumes its 4k on console. So it gets the same 30fps and frame issues that one would get at 4k. When instead they should be able to see what resolution you are using and scale appropriately with multiple settings or do what you suggest dynamic res and upscaling. That way people on 1080p can still get silky smooth gameplay and ray tracing. Or shit have more options to unlock fps , or change graphics settings on consoles.

My ps5's poor SSD is suffering ! That's another problem ! If i get it on ps5 i'll have to move GOW because i just finished it !
I can relate with you on that. Its why I broke down and bought a 1tb ssd for the ps5. So now I have 1.5tb space for ps5 games and a 5gb drive (almost filled, which is just crazy) for everything else (ps4, media, etc..).
The size they give you with the ps5 is pitiful. Especially with games going north of 60gb, many are now over 100gb, its nuts.

Its crazy as my ps5 has more ssd than my main desktop pc. As I only use two 512s for that one for os and one for games that need it, rest are on multiple 2tb hdds.

I can relate with you on that. Its why I broke down and bought a 1tb ssd for the ps5. So now I have 1.5tb space for ps5 games and a 5gb drive (almost filled, which is just crazy) for everything else (ps4, media, etc..).
The size they give you with the ps5 is pitiful. Especially with games going north of 60gb, many are now over 100gb, its nuts.

Its crazy as my ps5 has more ssd than my main desktop pc. As I only use two 512s for that one for os and one for games that need it, rest are on multiple 2tb hdds.
Yeah same here for the desktop ! I want to buy a damn ssd but i want to make sure i'll have space for a while , so a 4tb is 499$ on amazon hahaha, a 2 tb is close to 300$ canadian ! It's fucking crazy

adamosmaki

Well you're in the recommended, so there's that. But who knows what that even means.

One thing: "Radeon RX 6700 XT, Geforce RTX 2070." Uh, those are not the same thing at all. 2070 should match up more with a 6600 or 6600XT. Suggests an Nvidia advantage in this title? Or just shitty requirements you can't trust?
Probably shitty requirements you can't trust. How can a gtx 1070 be a minimum and my rx5600xt which is about 30% faster be under the minimum requirements?

TrebleShot

I don’t think I’ve seen anything about this supporting RT so it should have a decent 60fps mode on consoles thinking 1440p 60.

Pejo

Not sure which thread to bump, so I picked this one.

The first hour or so of the game leaked, you can watch it here for now:

Top Bottom