• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake Specs Revealed For Console And PC

Draugoth

Gold Member
WCCFdeadspaceremake11.jpg.webp

EA announced the news via the game's official Twitter account just now. In addition to the game's quality mode on the next-gen consoles, there will be a Performance Mode that runs the game in 2K (1440p) resolution at 60FPS without ray tracing. Although EA mentions that these modes will be available on consoles, there's no mention of the resolution and framerate on the Xbox Series S. It will be interesting to see in which resolution and framerate the game will run in each mode on Microsoft's entry-level next-gen console.

Aside from confirming the graphical modes on consoles, EA has also reconfirmed the game's minimum and recommended PC requirements - both were revealed months ago, and these still appear valid. For the sake of completeness, we've included the PC requirements down below:

MINIMUM:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Ryzen 5 2600x, Core i5 8600
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD RX 5700, GTX 1070
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
RECOMMENDED:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Ryzen 5 5600X,Core i5 11600K
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Radeon RX 6700 XT, Geforce RTX 2070
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space

MikeM

Can someone explain to me like im 5 years old why 60fps games don’t have an automatic framerate unlock feature when vrr is detected? Is it that hard to implement??

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Console specs? It's going to be 1080p at a shaky 60 would be my bet.

Last edited:

Banned
Can someone explain to me like im 5 years old why 60fps games don’t have an automatic framerate unlock feature when vrr is detected? Is it that hard to implement??

developers not giving even half a shit... that's why.

bigger and bigger dev teams, the bigger the team the smaller each member feels, being only a tiny gear in the machine kills enthusiasm, no enthusiasm = only do the absolute minimum work required and don't really care to pitch ideas or add anything special.

that's the modern AAA development issue

Banned
5600x + 3060 or ps5 , that's the question !

what engine are they using? it's Frostbite right?
Frostbite in the past ran pretty damn well on my PCs, so I assume and hope this is true here as well.

if the game has DLSS support I bet I can get it to +60fps no problem with RT on and hopefully no shader stutters.

Last edited:
what engine are they using? it's Frostbite right?
Frostbite in the past ran pretty damn well on my PCs, so I assume and hope this is true here as well.

if the game has DLSS support I bet I can get it to +60fps no problem with RT on and hopefully no shader stutters.
Yeah Frostbite and another plus is DS2 for free

Xdrive05

Well you're in the recommended, so there's that. But who knows what that even means.

One thing: "Radeon RX 6700 XT, Geforce RTX 2070." Uh, those are not the same thing at all. 2070 should match up more with a 6600 or 6600XT. Suggests an Nvidia advantage in this title? Or just shitty requirements you can't trust?

Last edited:
Well you're in the recommended, so there's that. But who knows what that even means.

One thing: "Radeon RX 6700 XT, Geforce RTX 2070." Uh, those are not the same thing at all. 2070 should match up more with a 6600 or 6600XT. Suggests an Nvidia advantage in this title? Or just shitty requirements you can't trust?
Yeah exactly ! Who knows with PC's , the safe way is always ps5 but i'll probably end up getting it on steam for the DS2 bonus , but it's still scary

Banned

apparently recommended is with RT shadows on, so yeah.

Banned
How the fuck you go from a 1070 to a 5700? EA, please, be fuckin' for real.

Looks like these specs should just be ignored. 😂

some games perform surprisingly similarly on both. maybe this is one of those games.

you can see comparison videos where the 5700 is only an average of 5fps or so above the 1070, and in others it's 20fps or even 40fps ahead...

Kataploom

Gold Member

Howard's Legacy devs did the same (2080Ti or 6800xt for 1440p), I assumed in that thread that it's maybe because on PC RT is expected to be used but someone replied to me saying that game won't have RT (which I don't think it's necessarily true)... Srsly hope it's just the ones in charge of putting the requirements being ignorant and not that they run worse on AMD cards

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Can't say I trust these requirements at all. But given that BF2042 can deliver locked 40 FPS on PC at 4K with 3070, I think 30 FPS lock at 4K is possible, without RT. I wonder though if the game will have the same frametime spikes as BF2042, this could seriously hurt the whole experience at launch.

Last edited:

clampzyn

this game is supported by nvidia seeing it has DLSS 3, probably the game will run better on nvidia cards. 6700xt should stomp a 2070 by huge margin except when RT is enabled

Last edited:

nkarafo

i5 8600 is the minimum? Like a 6 core i5 CPU?

What exactly is this game doing that needs so much CPU power? It's not open world, doesn't have to render whole cities and hundreds of NPCs, it's physics, AI and animations seem pretty basic, etc. It doesn't even look that good.

GymWolf

These are almost as useful as when i asked to my teacher where was the north pole in the map and she told me "on this planet".

Last edited:

Bojji

PS5 is stronger than this PC but... You will have much more options on PC adjusting quality/performance to your liking.

But maybe PC port is a turd and console is the only sane way to go (shader stuttering) lol.

PS5 is stronger than this PC but... You will have much more options on PC adjusting quality/performance to your liking.

But maybe PC port is a turd and console is the only sane way to go (shader stuttering) lol.
Ps5 dosnt have a better cpu then the 5600x or a better videocard then a 3060 ! It's just the optimization i'm worried about the pc ! Everything is better optimized for consoles

Bojji

Ps5 dosnt have a better cpu then the 5600x or a better videocard then a 3060 ! It's just the optimization i'm worried about the pc ! Everything is better optimized for consoles

PS5 GPU overall is stronger than 3060 (not in RT probably) but yeah CPU is weaker.

There were many fucked up ports on pc recently so only thing you can do is to wait for DF video.

GreatnessRD

some games perform surprisingly similarly on both. maybe this is one of those games.

you can see comparison videos where the 5700 is only an average of 5fps or so above the 1070, and in others it's 20fps or even 40fps ahead...
Fair enough, but the specs still seem all over the place, haha.

Banned
Lol, Callisto Protocol said 'hi'

yeah but that was Unreal Engine... which recently is trying super hard to become the new Unity Engine.
I am way more concerned that they fucked up the game's design and not so much about how it runs tbh. Frostbite is very solid.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
bad
bad modes on consoles.
bad modes are bad when it's a trade off
bad modes are bad when 30fps mode got this extreme slow input lag unlike proper 30fps
bad modes are when performance mode is lacking graphical features instead of just using dynamic res + upscaling
The RT pipeline dev cycle makes no sense if they still have to place lights and crap all around for non RT users

MikeM

Wait for release day and check the performance videos.

Banned
bad
bad modes on consoles.
bad modes are bad when it's a trade off
bad modes are bad when 30fps mode got this extreme slow input lag unlike proper 30fps
bad modes are when performance mode is lacking graphical features instead of just using dynamic res + upscaling
The RT pipeline dev cycle makes no sense if they still have to place lights and crap all around for non RT users

I really wonder if a dynamic 1440p with RT was absolutely impossible somehow... but I bet it wasn't, I bet we will see RX6700xt + Zen 2 users benchmarking it that will reach 60+ fps with lower resolutions and maybe unimportant stuff turned down.

Last edited:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but 2k@60 on consoles means it renders at 1440p (don't know if dynamic or locked) and upscales to 2160p if I use a 4k screen, right?

Banned
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but 2k@60 on consoles means it renders at 1440p (don't know if dynamic or locked) and upscales to 2160p if I use a 4k screen, right?

I think you should look up what upscaling means, because every game that isn't 4k and is displayed in full screen on your 4K display is getting upscaled...

if you connect your PS2 to your TV, the TV will upscale 480p to 4K.
if you connect your NES to your TV, the TV will upscale 224p to 4K.

everything that is below the resolution of your TV's pixel grid is getting upscaled, unless you display a 1 to 1 pixel scale, which would mean black borders around your video output.

Last edited:
Top Bottom