• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone coming to PC this Spring (More Sony games on the way)

This thread need some salt

ygw2mln.png

51yNluC.jpg

jHJD4sJ.png

0WCF5rI.png

7CbGduS.png

OGR2ldK.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Fredrik

I have never seen PC gamers light torches saying it sucks console gamers get to play shooters, Diablo, The Sims or whatever other games/genres that are traditionally PC.
Yeah and Xbox exclusives coming to PC seems to go down pretty well among Xbox gamers as well.
Why are PS fans so angry? Aren’t they more likely to own a gaming PC?
Was Street Fighter V on PC a big deal as well?

This is not smart, I bought a PS5 because demons souls. I could sell now, buy a PC (tempted for 4 years), and I’m not a a guy who buy COD and Fifa alone, I’m spending every month 100€ on games. Sony would lose around 9400€ from me after this move on PS5 gen. Besides people having problem to get a PS5 and this news could get them to jump to PC

How much money will Sony lose, if people jump to PC and don’t buy more third party games on PSN?
Have you seen Days gone requirements?
Not everyone can afford a gaming PC and Person invested in consoles will not jump to PC if games coming to pc 1 to 2 years late lol.

Esppiral

Great news, PC Gaming is dire right now so this might temporarily instil some life in it.

Another game ala HZD & Death Stranding that is suddenly good now that it's on PC too.
HZD and Death Stranding will never be good games despite of the platform they release dude.

vkbest

Have you seen Days gone requirements?
Not everyone can afford a gaming PC and Person invested in consoles will not jump to PC if games coming to pc 1 to 2 years late lol.

Those requirements will be mid-low PC on 2 year from now. Besides, probably with a 1070 you will play with higher graphic settings than PS5 version, what is PS4 Pro version at 60fps. That is other problem with Sony and PS5, they are not updating their most first party games, and the one fully updated is a paid remaster

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah and Xbox exclusives coming to PC seems to go down pretty well among Xbox gamers as well.
Entitled.

Back in 2006 when 360 and PS3 were new and Gears was the hot new game (no COD4 yet), Gears PC got announced, came out a year later, ran at 60 fps (if you had a decent rig), and even included a bonus act where you fight a Brumack.

I don't remember 360 gamers going ape shit because PC got a boosted version a year later.

Fredrik

Entitled.

Back in 2006 when 360 and PS3 were new and Gears was the hot new game (no COD4 yet), Gears PC got announced, came out a year later, ran at 60 fps (if you had a decent rig), and even included a bonus act where you fight a Brumack.

I don't remember 360 gamers going ape shit because PC got a boosted version a year later.
I’m sure there were some annoyance but not like this. And isn’t PS+PC a bigger combo than XB+PC? Isn’t that why people started saying that Xbox isn’t needed when the games are on PC?
Edit: Why not just be happy the they’re getting better versions of games they like?

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
I might be missing something here, but from a consumer perspective, why is a day and date release not good? More choice on platform, more avenues to buy, possible regional pricing. As a consumer, I don't see any downside?
As a consumer, I like console exclusives. It adds value to a console. It wouldn't just be another machine that plays everything.

Braag

This has kinda puzzled me as well. Xbox players don't care about their games being on other platforms. Playstation owners end up in therapy by the thought.

MonarchJT

Banned
Well before that happens my knuckles will have to impact Jims chin and hopefully the shock will knock some sense into his stupid head.
for me it was clear after reading some of your nonsense answers in the nextgen thread and in the dieshot thread ...at least now it is clear for anyone else that you should not be taken seriously. fanboy

Last edited:

Fahdis

Wow.

Canada just rides the US price. US price + 25-30% currency exchange = Canada price

Funny you mention Canada, I am also Canadian and damn homie do us folks have the shitstick.

Normal price now is $19.99 Equivalent to CAD $25 due to people using VPN on launch, so Sony changed the price. I would never use the Canadian Steam to buy shit. EVER.

Last edited:

Duchess

So, how would PlayStation gamers feel if Sony released all their PS5 titles on PC around the same time, but now with the PS5 versions of the games costing much less? So, instead of £70 at launch, £45?

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
I love the fact that Jim Ryan basically said that they were watching how their talibans were reacting to these announcements. Sony fanboys are by far the worst pricks in the gaming industry. I really don't know why they are so entitled. Maybe due to the near monopoly during the ps1 and ps2 eras?
Nobody on PC cares when a PC mainly game is announced on consoles. As long as the console version does not compromise the PC one its all good. More sales, more chances of a sequel or a new game by the studio.

And also folks that blame Sony for "wasting time" on the PC ports instead of developing new games... PC gamers have been dealing with that for ages, specially during the 7th generation: Crysis and Warhead were 2 amazing FPS, 2 and 3 targeted consoles and were terrible games due to that. FFS... consoles almost kill campaign based FPS with their on rails approach.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Funny you mention Canada, I am also Canadian and damn homie do us folks have the shitstick.

Normal price now is $19.99 Equivalent to CAD $25 due to people using VPN on launch, so Sony changed the price. I would never use the Canadian Steam to buy shit. EVER.
Thank god the only Steam games I buy are indie style ones on deal where they only cost about $2-4 each. In Kazahastan, it would probably be 80 cents. Euro price is absurd. It's even higher

Azurro

Banned
Again another comedy gold thread. Temper tantrum sneks, life questioning oil barons and in pillow crying Bobos. What the heck are you guys so upset about. You can't be so egomaniacal that you can't stand that others get to play "your" games. This is a good thing for Sony and for PC players.
If you'd behave your age and not like 12year old console warriors you'd see that too.
Somehow I'm always reminded of the fake youtube "angry kid remote" clip when I read these emotional outbursts.

First party games are no longer targeting a single spec and being optimised to extract the most amount of performance out of that single piece of silicon, now it's just a generalised multiplatform engine that won't be maximising the platform, just pushing some sliders back and front until performance hits the target and call it a day.

I don't care about the games being available on PC or not, it's losing this part about the PS ecosystem, that Sony brings the best games with the best possible performance on their machines. Now everything is one codebase, optimised for no platform, played best on PC that can bruteforce everything into whatever target spec you require. Sony games are turning into Ubisoft titles, I think that's legitimately worth getting a bit annoyed, no? The best part of the ecosystem is gone and with that, why even bother getting a PS5?

I'm serious about building a PC, I will stop buying any PS4/PS5 titles for a few months while the supply of GPUs improves, perhaps wait until that Samsung 980 Pro SSDs drops down in price a bit.

for me it was clear after reading some of your nonsense answers in the nextgen thread and in the dieshot thread ...at least now it is clear for anyone else that you should not be taken seriously. fanboy

While I fundamentally disagree with the person you are replying to, you are the last person that can call someone a fanboy.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
You're acting as if I/O advancements on PC are at a standstill; Nvidia just introduced GPUDirectStorage with their RTX 30 series, AMD have support for DirectStorage, and DirectStorage is doing significant rewrites of file I/O access and management parameters on the PC side. Couple that with higher-performance mid-tier and high-tier SSDs already coming to market and surely will over the course of the year, pushing raw bandwidth quite higher than Sony's and with effective throughput performance either as good or potentially better, and I don't see how anyone can think I/O will be a major conflict in PS5 titles potentially coming to PC...and this is after considering when PS5 games will actually start fully leveraging that system's I/O, btw.

The truth is there is a decent chance we might see that happen, especially with multiplayer or MMO-style games, which could likely come day-and-date between PS5 and PC. Single-player story-driven games, I wouldn't expect any of those day-and-date, and I don't think the majority of those actually get ports to PC, but a small handful might. We could be looking at a time differential of anywhere between 1-3 years on those. While I'll be surprised if any of those type of 1P games come day-and-date on PC or within six months coming out on PS5, we can't rule this out as a 0% possibility, I'd give that scenario a 10% chance of occurring at the moment.

I think some people want to keep lying to themselves, saying PS5's SSD I/O is going to be the roadblock in preventing any PS5 ports to the platform, because they don't want to confront a reality where at least some PS5 1P games could in fact get ports to the platform. Never mind, Sony already screwed up last November with that listing of Demon's Souls remastered for "PC and other consoles (likely PS4)". They were SUPER quick to remove it but you'd think if it was really in error by some intern or whatever, they'd have reviewed the footage before that stream and edit that part out before it was mentioned publicly. My gut continues to tell me that wasn't actually an error listing and was, in fact, forward communication of their plans for a Demon's Souls Remake port to the PC (probably through EGS), but weren't ready for any potential backlash and therefore got out in front of that very quickly.

But that right there is an example of a PS5 game with a probable PC port in the making, and there could potentially be others. This notion that the SSD is so lightyears ahead it'll make porting impossible is a fantasy; after all, we've had systems in the past with WAY bigger ACTUAL hardware differences at the architectural level (SNES/MegaDrive/PC-Engine, PS1/Saturn/N64, PS2/DC/Gamecube/Xbox, PS3/360 etc.) and still saw developers/publishers justify plenty of ports between those systems, even for super-niche games and on platforms with very small install bases....without any of the modern tools that make porting so much easier, too. I think if Sony sees the money in doing ports, they will more than easily be able to justify doing ports between a system with a lot of PC architectural technology anyway...and actual PCs 🤷‍♂️ .

Yes, but if you restrict your sales to just people with the latest iteration of hardware it mitigates the entire point of the exercise. The main thing that PC has going for it is the sheer size of the potential market, so if your product can only address a minority within a minority what's the point?

There are still a lot of people out there rocking large platter-based drives, and no amount of technical trickery is going to circumvent their innate limitations.

Shmunter

Less loading speed isn't an issue for loading up scenes for the PC. The difference is negligible. The PS5's bandwidth limitation is a problem when trying to render complex scenes @ render targets. It will be even more of a constraint when you open up the SSD I/O for creating more complex geometry/textures. The SSD won't help with lighting/shading/RT.
Here we go again, conflating scene rendering complexity with asset variety

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The best part of the ecosystem is gone and with that, why even bother getting a PS5?

I'm serious about building a PC, I will stop buying any PS4/PS5 titles for a few months while the supply of GPUs improves, perhaps wait until that Samsung 980 Pro SSDs drops down in price a bit.
Because not every gamer wants to spend $1000+ on a PC. You are fine with considering a gaming rig where Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB SSDs are about $300 US alone.

Most people aren;t.

He did say there wasn’t an adverse reaction to HzD being released on PC, as if to imply they care about the community’s response to this. Which is sweet, but clearly bullshit.

Shmunter

He did say there wasn’t an adverse reaction to HzD being released on PC, as if to imply they care about the community’s response to this. Which is sweet, but clearly bullshit.
He’s going off PS5 sales and popularity. Ignoring social media outrage.

He’s right.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Here is an article that you people may have missed or forgotten. In it, you will see the veil unraveling.

It looks like Sony plan to release several PS4 exclusives on PC. God of War and Bend Studio's zombie survival Days Gone are some of the titles that could be coming to PC, along with the already rumoured Bloodborne.​

These titles are Days Gone, which was already rumoured for a PC port, God of War, another major Sony exclusive, The Last of Us, Spider-Man, Uncharted The Lost Legacy, Gran Turismo and two other titles that we already know of - Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding.

Last edited:

Banned

why is that "sweet" they shouldn't listen to fanboys crying because of their exclusives

Last edited:

Fredrik

This has kinda puzzled me as well. Xbox players don't care about their games being on other platforms. Playstation owners end up in therapy by the thought.
Yeah it’s like the satisfaction don’t come from what awesome games you can still play as usual on the box, it comes from what awesome games you know others can’t play on their box.
Happiness from others unhappiness?
Unhappiness from others happiness?
Idk🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
While I fundamentally disagree with the person you are replying to, you are the last person that can call someone a fanboy.
Yes also you same league.
And the fact that you felt the urge to come and have your say when a stupid (inexcusable) comment from a fanboy who wanted to punch to the playstation CEO just because his possible games could also end up on the PC is already quite embarrassing. Have a nice day

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
This thread need some salt

ygw2mln.png

51yNluC.jpg

jHJD4sJ.png

0WCF5rI.png

7CbGduS.png

OGR2ldK.png
This shit is hilarious, it's Xbox Play Anywhere all over again.
As a consumer, I like console exclusives. It adds value to a console. It wouldn't just be another machine that plays everything.

The consoles do have exclusives though? That's not going anywhere. Even with a few sporadic PC releases here and there, these games are not going to be coming out on Xbox. The console being an affordable mid range pc that requires no setup, no fiddling with drivers and installs to fix games or whatever. It's a simple closed platform that has mass appeal to most normies.

First party games are no longer targeting a single spec and being optimised to extract the most amount of performance out of that single piece of silicon, now it's just a generalised multiplatform engine that won't be maximising the platform, just pushing some sliders back and front until performance hits the target and call it a day.

Eh? Citation needed. These games, Horizon and Death Stranding for example and designed first and foremost for PS. They ran amazingly well for their visuals and had pretty smooth locked frames. These games coming out 8-12 months after initial release on pc does not mean they won't be optimized for their platform.

I don't care about the games being available on PC or not, it's losing this part about the PS ecosystem, that Sony brings the best games with the best possible performance on their machines. Now everything is one codebase, optimised for no platform, played best on PC that can bruteforce everything into whatever target spec you require. Sony games are turning into Ubisoft titles, I think that's legitimately worth getting a bit annoyed, no? The best part of the ecosystem is gone and with that, why even bother getting a PS5?

The console isn't losing anything, a lot of this seems like an overreaction.

That's cool, I invite you to spending years waiting for a decent console port of the games you're looking forward to on PS5. Days Gone has been out for almost a good 2 years, Horizon was out for 3 before its pc release.

You really think these games aren't going to optimized for performance and visuals for PS5 when it's prob gonna be a good 2-3 years before any of them get released on PC?

So far we haven't seen even a hint of any PS5 game getting released on PC, and prob won't for the foreseeable future. Why shouldn't Sony farm out its older software from years ago on PC for some extra revenue in between PS5 releases?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

I see that Sony also really likes Europe

PC gaming is outgrowing console gaming at a rapid pace so I would expect a Sony store soon on windows. This is only the beginning.

I have a hard time believing Sony would give 30% to Steam/Epic on their highe selling games. I don’t think day 1 will ever happen until Sony has its own store. At that point they may be looking for an out on hardware.

Yes, but if you restrict your sales to just people with the latest iteration of hardware it mitigates the entire point of the exercise. The main thing that PC has going for it is the sheer size of the potential market, so if your product can only address a minority within a minority what's the point?

There are still a lot of people out there rocking large platter-based drives, and no amount of technical trickery is going to circumvent their innate limitations.
True but most people with platter drives in their PCs probably aren't playing modern PC games anyway. You can't look at the PC market as very general, because PCs are used in many different areas outside of gaming, such as video/art/animation production, for businesses, servers, etc. I'd argue the weight of PCs with platter drives shifts closer to those markets than PCs being built with new games or modern games as their primary use-cases.

Plus going by your example, would actually indicate a reason why both Microsoft and even Sony are willing to support cross-gen releases so much (Sony arguably moreso, going by what they've actually confirmed; Microsoft's seemingly scaled back on their cross-gen official support, probably due to the backlash that kept getting generated); why limit your 1P content to new consoles with a handful of millions users at best and potentially low attach rates, when you can sell those same 1P games on your previous consoles hitting 50 million, 100+ million units sold with higher attach rates?

I have a hard time believing Sony would give 30% to Steam/Epic on their highe selling games. I don’t think day 1 will ever happen until Sony has its own store. At that point they may be looking for an out on hardware.

IIRC Epic Game Store only takes 10% cut from sales on their store. In some cases I believe they even waive the cut altogether. Sony has a $250 million investment in Epic, this might pertain to some perks for their games on the EGS such as getting a larger cut of the profits on copies sold through EGS.

So if and when more of Sony's games go to PC, they will very likely favor EGS over Steam.

Last edited:

SNG32

This shit is hilarious, it's Xbox Play Anywhere all over again.

The consoles do have exclusives though? That's not going anywhere. Even with a few sporadic PC releases here and there, these games are not going to be coming out on Xbox. The console being an affordable mid range pc that requires no setup, no fiddling with drivers and installs to fix games or whatever. It's a simple closed platform that has mass appeal to most normies.

Eh? Citation needed. These games, Horizon and Death Stranding for example and designed first and foremost for PS. They ran amazingly well for their visuals and had pretty smooth locked frames. These games coming out 8-12 months after initial release on pc does not mean they won't be optimized for their platform.

The console isn't losing anything, a lot of this seems like an overreaction.

That's cool, I invite you to spending years waiting for a decent console port of the games you're looking forward to on PS5. Days Gone has been out for almost a good 2 years, Horizon was out for 3 before its pc release.

You really think these games aren't going to optimized for performance and visuals for PS5 when it's prob gonna be a good 2-3 years before any of them get released on PC?

So far we haven't seen even a hint of any PS5 game getting released on PC, and prob won't for the foreseeable future. Why shouldn't Sony farm out its older software from years ago on PC for some extra revenue in between PS5 releases?
Facts you must be out your gotdamn mind if you think i'm waiting 3 years to play a Sony exclusive. Sony will always prioritize releasing the game first on there console. I don't see them putting there games on PC day one.

Top Bottom