• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Diablo IV, The Quarry, Ark: Survival Ascended, and More

Draugoth

Gold Member
TW_Coming-Soon_03.19.2024-5dfe76e566427686b372-1536x864.png

Available Today

Lightyear Frontier (Game Preview) (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
Available on day one with Game Pass: Start your interstellar homestead in this peaceful open-world farming adventure! Build your sustainable exofarm, grow alien crops, customize your mech, and explore a new world full of mystery with up to three friends!

MLB The Show 24 (Cloud and Console)
Available on day one with Game Pass: Swing for the fences, experience game-deciding moments, become a legend and live out your baseball dreams in MLB The Show 24.

Coming Soon

The Quarry (Cloud and Console) – March 20
When the sun goes down on the last night of summer camp, nine teenage counselors are plunged into an unpredictable night of horror. The only thing worse than the blood-drenched locals and creatures hunting them are the unimaginable choices you must make to help them survive.

The Quarry Key Art

Evil West (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 21
A dark menace consumes the Old West. In solo or co-op, fight with style in visceral, explosive combat against bloodthirsty monstrosities. Eradicate the vampiric hordes with your lightning-fueled gauntlet and become a Wild West Superhero.

Terra Invicta (Game Preview) (PC) – March 26
From the creators of Long War, an alien invasion has fractured humanity into seven ideological factions each with a unique vision for the future. Lead your chosen faction to take control of Earth’s nations, expand across the Solar System, and battle enemy fleets in tactical combat.

Diablo IV (Console and PC) – March 28
The next-gen action RPG experience is coming to Game Pass with endless evil to slaughter, countless abilities to master, nightmarish dungeons, and legendary loot. Experience a gripping story or jump straight into Season of the Construct to unearth a new threat looming deep beneath the sands of Kehjistan.

DiabloIV_KeyArt_1920x1080-abc67ab80ab59f77517c.jpg

Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 – Turbocharged (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 28
Get behind the wheel of the coolest cars and vehicles from the Hot Wheels universe, including the new ATVs and motorcycles. Explore 5 new stunning environments and race the way you want with new mechanics in exciting challenges and crazy game modes!

Open Roads (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 28
Available on day one with Game Pass: Long-lost family secrets. Hints of a hidden fortune. And miles to go before they sleep. Tess Devine’s relationship with her mom has never been easy, but they’re about to set out together on a journey into the past that they’ll never forget.

Ark: Survival Ascended (Cloud, PC, Xbox Series X|S) – April 1
Respawn into a new dinosaur survival experience as Ark is reimagined from the ground-up into the next-generation with Unreal Engine 5! Are you ready to form a tribe, tame and breed hundreds of species of dinosaurs and other primeval creatures, explore, craft, build, and fight your way to the top of the food-chain? Your new world awaits!

ASA_KeyArt_FINAL_LOGO_1080p-092d073d7a4130418dc4.jpg

F1 23 (Cloud) EA Play – April 2
EA Sports’ F1 23 will be available with Xbox Cloud Gaming via EA Play. Test your driving talents, create your dream team, and be the last to brake in the official video game of the 2023 FIA Formula One World Championship.

Superhot: Mind Control Delete (Cloud, Console, and PC) – April 2
Making a return to the Game Pass library! Time moves only when you move. Superhot: Mind Control Delete gives you more insight into the signature power fantasy world of Superhot with more story, more signature gameplay, more action, more guns. Keep dancing the slow-motion ballet of destruction for so much longer than ever before.

In Case You Missed It

NBA 2K24 (Cloud and Console) – Available now
Strive for greatness with NBA 2K24 – experience a collection of competitive game modes and immerse yourself in a sports simulation unlike any other. NBA 2K24 boasts a variety of exciting game modes, now available for all Ultimate Game Pass Subscribers. We’ll see you on the court!

NBA 2K24 Hero Image

DLC / Game Updates

Fallout 76: America’s Playground – March 26
Experience a new Fallout story set in the fading glitz and glam of Atlantic City. In this intrepid return visit to New Jersey, players will work together with competing local factions to take on a new threat lying in wait deep within the New Jersey Pine Barrens.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Scions of Ithelia DLC – March 26
A challenging new dungeon crawling adventure awaits in the Scions of Ithelia DLC. Do you have what it takes to emerge victorious? Conquer both dungeons to unlock unique rewards, including new item sets, collectibles, achievements, and more. Game Pass members can save 10% on their purchase of Crowns to use towards the Scions of Ithelia DLC in the Crown Store.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

Persona 3 Reload: Expansion Pass – Available now
Dive deeper into the world of Persona 3 Reload with this expansion pass featuring upcoming content including new costumes, background music, and extended story content. Play this role-playing turn based content in the expansion pass Episode Aigis -The Answer-, offering over 30 hours of additional gameplay in this reimagining of the genre-defining RPG! This Perk content requires Persona 3 Reload to use, available now with Game Pass Ultimate.

Super Animal Royale Spring Perks Pack – Available now
Take your animal apparel to the next level with the Super Animal Royale – Spring Perks Pack. Claw your way to the top of the food chain in style with this exclusive set of cosmetics in this 64-player, top-down 2D battle royale. This Perk content requires Super Animal Royale, available free-to-play.

Smite Netherbeasts Perk – Available now
Play the all new Netherbeasts Event in the popular action MOBA, Smite. Unlock the Gods, Voice Packs, Emotes for: Chaac, Cernunnos, and Cerberus. Plus enjoy a 3 Day Account Booster! This Perk content requires Smite to use, available free-to-play.

Leaving March 31

The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon, be sure to show them some love before they go or consider using your 20% membership discount on your purchase to keep them in your library!

• Hot Wheels Unleashed (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Infinite Guitars (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • MLB The Show 23 (Cloud and Console)

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Shop Dope GIF by Uninterrupted

Diablo is going to get a lot of traction and a new life over game pass, the quarry is also a fantastic game. It's probably the best one of those kinds since until dawn.

Evil West is also a fantastic double a game, it landed on PS plus earlier this year, anyone with an Xbox who hasn't had a chance should definitely give it a shot.

And if I'm not mistaken that Ark is the unreal engine 5 remake of the original.

This is a fairly good drop of games.

Last edited:
"F1 2023 cloud"
?
That means solely cloud? No download on PC or console? Is this happening often?
I don't even understand why Sony is forcing me to use Plus for PS3 streams instead of allowing downloads on my PS3, wasting bandwidth, eating energy costs and adding lag, but that's legacy hw and software. But why force cloud on something new? Do they intentionally try to compare Plus Essential with GP cloud impact with that IP?

adamsapple

"F1 2023 cloud"
?
That means solely cloud? No download on PC or console? Is this happening often?

F1 2023 is already on game pass, this is just them adding it to the cloud as well.

When the fuck are they dropping Jedi Survivor dawg

EA Play games usually drop between 6 to 12 months depending on how good they did at retail. Survivor is still pretty strong at retail, so it might even take more than the usual 12.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Amazing list.

Hot wheels for my son, and now I can try Ark without giving them a dime lol.

I already own D4, but I think the usual bunch of numb nuts who hate a game without trying it, can now try D4 and at least have a really good time for 40-50 hours with the campaign.

adamsapple

The poor performance is why I’m waiting for GP to try it again. I refunded on release cuz of how bad it was lol.

performance mode is basically like a brand new game now since they removed forced RT. Runs at a higher average resolution (i-e looks cleaner) and performs a lot better than at launch.

Mortisfacio

With any luck, good timing for Diablo. Itemization overhaul is coming in S4 and allegedly more endgame stuff. Right now endgame being 5 bosses to farm + ND's while itemization is bloated as hell that needs to change if D4 has any hope of steering in the right direction. The dev chat I think is tomorrow, so we'll see what's in store.

I'm currently enjoying the seasons up until 85ish, then it slows down. You beat uber lilith then get hit with the "OK... am i done?" because there's nothing else to do. Gauntlet was boring, to me.

I cancelled mine this month because I realized I wasn't actually playing any gamepass games over the past 4 years LOL.

Diablo 4 is cool though that'll no doubt mess up the servers so I won't be able to play it on my steam deck due to all the normies coming in.

saintjules

I was about to resub PS+ for Evil West. Glad it's on GP.

That's why it's great to have both Consoles. Miss on one, collect on the other.

StereoVsn

Evil West and Terra Invicta are pretty good games. The former is an interesting action RPG/Adventure take and Terra Invicta is a pretty cool Grand Strategy Sci-Fi title.

Although to be fair I would play the latter on Steam instead since it has mod support and community support there.

NickFire

I played it at launch (rental) so very interested in seeing all the changes over the year.
I wouldn't say a lot has changed. They obviously rebalance at times, and the seasons bring some new content. It's fairly limited content and seasonal stuff expires when season ends. But playing new builds and leveling them up is still a ton of fun. And I have played every season without spending a dime since pre-ordering it. They gave me two season tokens when I got it, and I save the in game currency. I actually have just enough currency to buy the next season too. Considering the number of houses played for a single purchase last June (???), it was probably the most bang for my buck in recent years.

All that said, I bet we get an expansion within a few months. Makes perfect sense with it about to hit GP. Looking forward to it.

bender

What time is it?
A blasé month for me with mostly stuff I've already played and didn't enjoy or have little interest in.

Ozriel

M$FT
Damn, took them long enough to finally get an Activision Blizzard game on the sub

Looks like the reports of them delaying GP releases until they had Windows store/PC GP builds were correct, since it’s on console and PC GP.

D4 player retention must be abysmal when they doing this to the game.

Never thought a Diablo game could suffer such fate. But D4 deserves no better.

Oh man, it’s going to really confuse you when they put the next COD there Day 1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom