• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone coming to PC this Spring (More Sony games on the way)

Dunki

I think the most important part of the Interview is that not only Days Gone coming to PC this spring but also more are on the way. MAybe Rachet and Clank? Bloodborne? Who knows XD

What about PlayStation games on PC? A whole slate of them is on the way starting with Days Gone this spring. And as for Sony’s publishing timetable for the year? Well, Covid has been up to no good again and booted Gran Turismo 7 back to 2022.

Kagey K

Banned
This is following on from your publishing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC in August last year. How did that go?

We assessed the exercise in two ways. Firstly, in terms of the straightforward success of the activity of publishing the game on PC, people liked it and they bought it. We also looked at it through the lens of what the PlayStation community thought about it. There was no massive adverse reaction to it. So we will continue to take mission steps in this direction.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
FYI, this is what Herman Hurst said a year ago when they announced Horizon.

PSB: PlayStation is no stranger to publishing titles on the PC, but Horizon: Zero Dawn is one of the largest games to make that leap. Is there anything you would say to PlayStation fans? What does it mean for the future?
HH:
Sure. I think it’s important that we stay open to new ideas of how to introduce more people to PlayStation, and show people maybe what they’ve been missing out on.

And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don’t have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware.

Total 180.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Just do a PS4 catalog on PC, so it can be preserved and run on high details, have mods and etc. Also fuck EGS.

Also lol@Days Gone seems like only open-world games make it to PC, which is like not even strong point of Playstation library.

dj khaled GIF by Music Choice

ethomaz

Banned
FYI, this is what Herman Hurst said a year ago when they announced Horizon.

Total 180.
Actually the same.
Not all PS games will come to PC.

"releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC"

They choose another old game to come... who will be next maybe in 2022?

And just to be sure... Days Gone coming to PC heavy hints they are working in Days Gone 2 PS5.

Last edited:

SNG32

It's only a matter of time before Sony has there own version of game pass. The PC gaming market is too lucrative and broad for them not to embrace. They can only sell so much consoles and PC is what can take there sales to the next level. Especially since the cost of making games rises significantly each gen.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Not surprised at all. They will probably release day and date on PC in a few years. Its easy money from PC diehards who wouldn't switch to console.

I imagine they will always release on PC later. The diehards you mentioned won't care about having them immediately. Keep the console diehards happy by giving them "priority access". MS's strategy is different and is more about unifying the platforms as just "Xbox".

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Any bets on which will be the next one? I honestly can't see the huge titles like GoW or TLOU making it to the PC, so... Maybe The Order? Killzone? What about Gravity Rush?

Trust me a lot will care especially the fanboys who are probably screaming in the air saying PlayStation has lost its value.
There is also the mentally sane people who just wants to play it on their platform of choice man.

Top Bottom