• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire #2 - August 10th 6PM CEST

ebevan91

I was leaning Corpo but I'm kinda liking the idea of Nomad and starting outside of the city and experiencing it for the first time along with V.

Although I might stick to Corpo just so we don't have too many players on the Nomad bandwagon now. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
corpo looks most interesting and perfect for the second evil dickhead playthrough :) Gonna play this game 3 times, no other way.

why is there no official CDPR/Cyberpunk channels youtube stream, only via IGN etc? Strange. Updating thread post with what we have
Been there for awhile:

mortal

Gold Member
EfEtF0EWAAMJOxt

EfEtJNeWAAkUEZl

EfEtPXOWAAAHogJ

EfEtAqTXsAAPscL

GHG

First video that's 100% sold me but still not pre-ordering until I get reviews and PC performance details.

Whenever I pre order games it's a kiss of death as far as the state of the PC version goes.

Fake

BTW, the release day still get the GOTY cover or just next year?
This game is really looking good so far.

Pallas

Gold Member
Is it weird I don't have any hype for this game anymore? Everything CDPR showed after 2018's 48 minute gameplay video has done nothing but lower my expectations for Cyberpunk 2077.
Definitely weird on your part, me personally this could be game of the year and possibly of this generation.

I definitely wouldn’t get this unless you at least got the Pro/X consoles, it’ll be interesting to see how bad it performs on the weaker consoles with the frame rate, loading and graphic fidelity.

Daffy Duck

My hype went off the charts, even though it was off the charts already.

Jesus, I love the dialogue options being different with people depending on your life path choice.

Kuranghi

Is it weird I don't have any hype for this game anymore? Everything CDPR showed after 2018's 48 minute gameplay video has done nothing but lower my expectations for Cyberpunk 2077.

Yeah thats pretty much how I feel, I think I'll just bow out of these threads because I don't have much positive to say and people are really hyping this one so I'm treading on a few toes.

dottme

I need the 4K trailer of this.
High bit rates downloadable version: (I always loved this website):

Abear21

Banned
I’m on media blackout for this minus screenshots—did traffic density look any better now?

Also, any mention of when we can expect PS5/XsX versions? I really don’t want to play this on current gen.

Mister Wolf

I’m on media blackout for this minus screenshots—did traffic density look any better now?

Also, any mention of when we can expect PS5/XsX versions? I really don’t want to play this on current gen.

Isn't this game going to be optimized for the new consoles day one?

Kuranghi

The shooting-from-car section looks like Virtua Cop 2, I wonder if you can shoot the tires out.

I didn't really get what people meant about "shitty animation" before but I think its the weird stuttering I'm seeing in this video, the part with the sheriff is particularly egregious.

I'm just not that excited about the graphics because I know it won't look like that when I play it, I don't have an RTX GPU (like most people), so DLSS (Even though I'm not a fan of its current incarnation anyway) and RTX reflections+shadows+global illumination won't be a part of my experience of the game.

That leaves PS5/XSX version but I doubt I'd buy one just to play Cyberpunk 2077.

I have a feeling this game will be the first ubisoft game not made by ubisoft, ie a gigantic group of devs all making really high quality work separately but it doesn't come together into a cohesive experience like smaller games do.

DeaDPo0L84

Nomad it is, I like the potential story arch.

But the way they're handling it seems like it'll actually be worth playing through once with each path.

DeaDPo0L84

I think this is gonna be the "upgrade to 30XX series RTX cards" game... I have my doubts the performance will be satisfactory with current cards with all the bells and whistles enabled.

There's zero chance this isn't the bundled game with the 3000 series cards right?

Abear21

Banned
Isn't this game going to be optimized for the new consoles day one?

Yeah that’s my question, will it play day one, digital or disc, on new hardware and if it will be “optimized” are two different things and I’m guessing no on both day one bc I haven’t heard otherwise. I don’t think it’s listed as a launch title so backwards compatibility will be the key. With a game this huge and costly I would think they want us to double dip.

Mhmmm 2077

BTW, the release day still get the GOTY cover or just next year?
This game is really looking good so far.
Last year the cutoff date was November 15, this is supposed to be released November 19... if Geoff doesn't move the cutoff date a week later, then CP77 will not be eligible for GOTY 2020.

Last edited:
I wish this game had AC unity level npc count. I know current tech is limited my console cpus so we won’t see that kind of density for a long time (ac unity was broken in many parts because of it).

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Corporate is for me.

Nomad sounds like an interesting backstory though.

Btw, I didn't know the release date is on november. Maybe I was careless checking this game updates.

Top Bottom