• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.1 will add 19 Metro Station, among other cut features

diffusionx

Gold Member
The changes they listed are not major features, but basically polish and stuff for hardcore fans that have played it for hundreds of hours.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Fast travel is accustomed in today’s games (Majoras mask had fast travel) but this is a game that’s getting better and better.

More cats
New Johnny Silverhand outfit leaked:
Cat Playing GIF

StereoVsn

Joke is getting old at this point. The game has been good for years. Metro system is not some must-have feature. Car customization is. There are so many different variants in game already, paint jobs, body types, interiors... but you buy a car and you stuck with what you get. It's stupid because it's such a simple thing to implement.
Car showrooms would be nice too for immersion.

amigastar

I will finally play through the game with update 2.1 in its full glory.
Stupid question but do i have to start a new game for this patch? I suppose not, right?

Last edited:

Quixz

From the other thread; here are all the additions and changes coming with patch 2.1:
  • Metro System - Unlocks once the player receives a call. Player can sit the whole ride or skip/fast travel
  • Radioport - An item the player owns to listen to radio outside of car. Turns off automatically when the quest music kicks in
  • Boss Fight Improvements - Specifically Adam Smasher (looked super cool on the stream)
  • Replayable Races - After you complete the Claire race quests, you will be contacted for 4 more races. Able to win an auto fixer prize
  • 5 New Motorcycles - Appearances from existing brands in game
  • New Porsche - Samurai Johnny Design
  • More Motorcycle Combat - Flips, wheelies, use of throwing knives
  • Car Chases - During quests, after killing gang members they will hunt you down in cars and chase you. -Car Chase Gigs - Gang members will hunt player down during car theft missions
  • New HUD Options - Visual effects, enlarging, disable time in minigame, etc
  • Hang out with Romance Characters
  • Full Dualsense support on PC
  • More cats
Draugoth Draugoth Feel free to add my post to your OP.
Does this also mean whilst using the controller wirelessly?

Woggleman

All these updates are making me feel better about the sequel. They seem fully aware that they majorly botched the launch and seem to be doing everything they can to make things right so I think they will go above and beyond to not repeat it next time around.

StereoVsn

Pretty good changes overall. I have been meaning to play 2.0, as I originally finished it under 1.5 and 1.0 was a disaster of course.

Just need a mod to kill off level scaling. I hate that crap.

EDMIX

Holy fuck balls they actually did it. Here I thought its a sequel feature.

True, but it should have never been a "sequel feature" this is shit that should be in the game day 1, not year 3, year 4 etc.

This shows that many of us that kept listing those features were not just exaggerating something that never was, we 100% where stating shit that was removed, missing etc. So I'm happy the feature is being completed, but this shouldn't take 3 years of lying to people. If they had just told us this was an early access, many of us (myself included) would have likely never even been so hard on the company.

I waited to play BG3, I didn't join the early access as I just wanted to wait till it was a final thing.

I would have did the same thing for this game if they were just transparent to the community regarding all those missing features, instead you guys tried to make it sound like we were exaggerating the missing features or making it sound like it was really "lore" or some dumb crap, only for years later those features magically start popping up.

Suddenly, oh it is like GTA, we have actual fucking car Ai

oh yea, you CAN shoot from cars

oh yea, cars can be hacked

oh yea a train station can be done lol

Sir, we fucking know this shit can be done, we watched Watchdogs do this in 2014, on PS3 hardware....

So imagine all the shit they could have done with those features if they just told people it was an early access and FULLY had those features in the game with the main missions.

So, shit maybe you are right Balls, maybe it is a "sequel feature" cause the sequel will likely actually use it in the main missions (if its there from the very start to be used that way) LIKE it was in Watchdogs.

They had missions on hacking cars, chases and missions regarding their trains. Why? Well...they actually fucking made a complete game day 1, not spending 3 years adding part by part.

So this is a bitter sweet type thing.

I'll still play the DLC later next year or the year after. I'd rather forget more of my experience to enjoy the features that should have been there day 1 lol
Let me know when the game is finally fucking done so I can play the finished product. This is GAAS BS.

I mean shit, pretty much.

Yet they make it sound like we should be proud of how long to took to add basic features in other games.

Folks worried about EA or Ubisoft doing this to games, need to really be worrying about CDPR, pay full price in 2020, for a game adding launch fucking features in 2023....

So...I think maybe folks need to relax with acting like that is some normal thing for other publishers, we joke about that all the time, but CDPR ironically is like the only company to this degree thats dome some wild shit like this lol

Be like "come on now, its done..WHEN ITS DONE"

(also them) "Ok so 3 years later, we figured out how to make da bad guys drive cars wit gunz"

Year 4 customizable cars.

Year 5 able to join gangs and factions.
For fuck sake CDPR, I just replayed it for the third time. Guess Ill replay it in two years or so.
^ lol this is why I'm waiting till 2025.

I have a list of other games more deserving of my time that are complete games and I have no desire to keep playing a game trying to trickle out core features. This is not a simple update, this is literally just continuing game development and acting as if you are giving a "bonus" or "extra". I'm ok with an more content mind you, but not of elements that must be in the base, foundation of the core game day 1.

They might as well start calling this shit "Seasons" and jump on that GaaS bandwagon, as this literally is following that same philosophy and acting as if they are against those ideals.
Great addition.

They are so fucking stupid for abandoning this engine now that they've fully got to grips with it.

In a situation like this, I actually disagree.

If struggling with these types of features is based on the engine, I don't think they should continue to limit themselves just cause they got some of those elements to work. It took YEARS for them to add fucking PS2 level concepts.

UE5 is a smart move and a move in the right direction.

Joke is getting old at this point. The game has been good for years. Metro system is not some must-have feature. Car customization is.

Ok...but I don't disagree with you MidGen, but hear me out....that would literally support the very joke of this game being in early access would it not?

Sooo MORE features that are must have features are still missing?

So...lets say year 4 they add Car Customization and Gonzito Gonzito states "early access finally done", that no longer sounds like a joke anymore, that sounds pretty fucking legitimate, as you have a developer trying to celebrate tricking down features that on PS2 games released day 1....

Look at Watchdogs from 2014, even on PS3, many of those features existed day 1 like ai being able to chase you in a car, hacking cars, riding trains, hacking trains etc.

At this stage, CDPR making something to actually hack the train sounds like it would be a 2026 thing or something lol. So I feel, even with your statement, there is a lot of truth to what Gonzito Gonzito is saying and your statement supports it, it merely stresses that you believe Car Customization is more important (which I agree with)...but its still missing, thus supports this early access thing.

geary

It took freaking 3 years to get the game even close to the state as promised. And even still general interactivity and NPC behavior is still shit.
Not really, in those 3 yers beside the patches they worked also on an expansion which put to shame many AAA full games. So acting like they worked 3 years only on patching the game is disingenous at least.

Success

HOLY SHIT!

The mad lads did it.

This has pushed me over the edge of starting a new save and experiencing Phantom Liberty this way.

I finished the game during launch so it is quite exciting to see the differences.

StereoVsn

Not really, in those 3 yers beside the patches they worked also on an expansion which put to shame many AAA full games. So acting like they worked 3 years only on patching the game is disingenous at least.
Meh, they released a broken game and took ages to patch it up to a good state. They had to refund people on consoles. Let me give them a golf clap here.

AI for NPCs still sucks, Night City design is great but there is no interactivity whatsoever. Hell, you don’t even have proper stores say Yakuza style.

Most quests don’t have complex and interesting solutions. The very first one was probably one of the best in the whole game.

Oh, how about Life Paths the they said was so important. Yeah, that matters for all of 20 min tops.

So let’s not make it out like CDPR are heroes for fixing their fuck up. I mean it’s better vs whatever we are going to get for say Starfield or Redfall, but that’s not saying much.

Last edited:

Dane

You watch too much crappy YouTube channels that shape your shitty opinion. There were no splashes when you shoot in the water or similar meaningless stuff like that. Fucking wow. Literally unplayable. Give me a break.
Nonsense. The game had the features that it needed to have. All they have added later, like the police system, is fluff that you don't interact with most of the times. (Cyberpunk ain't GTA)

It's good to have fluff, but the game was published earlier than it should've, so the core features were more important.
Wow, imagine demanding for a police wanted system right? Or that your NPCs weren't so barebones at world reactivity except when you aim at them (and even then most of the time they left cars and crouched)? Car chasing combat? The game was severely undercooked in many aspects outside of the story and visuals, and they definetely marketed to heaven and hell that it was the next big thing in terms of immersion.

I pre ordered it with zero hype, thinking that people were overhyping it, but jesus, it even managed to do worse than I tought and it took them 3 years to add features you'd expect to be at a year later at worst.

Last edited:

FireFly

Let me know when the game is finally fucking done so I can play the finished product. This is GAAS BS.
The game is highly polished and playable in its current state, and the core issues with it are design related and so will only be fixed in a sequel.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Does full Dualsense support for PC mean wireless?
Doubtful seeing as Sony itself doesn't have support. But Dualsense X shows you can change the trigger effects while wireless so maybe they could pull it off.

Certinty

Played the base game at launch and loved it despite all the bugs.

Played Phantom Liberty and loved it despite there still being a ton of bugs.

So yeah, i’ll admit i’m jealous of everyone jumping into this for the first time.

What a game.

I haven't touched this since giving up half way through the game at launch, but I might give it another try once they finally finish updating it.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
True, but it should have never been a "sequel feature" this is shit that should be in the game day 1, not year 3, year 4 etc.

This shows that many of us that kept listing those features were not just exaggerating something that never was, we 100% where stating shit that was removed, missing etc. So I'm happy the feature is being completed, but this shouldn't take 3 years of lying to people. If they had just told us this was an early access, many of us (myself included) would have likely never even been so hard on the company.

I waited to play BG3, I didn't join the early access as I just wanted to wait till it was a final thing.

I would have did the same thing for this game if they were just transparent to the community regarding all those missing features, instead you guys tried to make it sound like we were exaggerating the missing features or making it sound like it was really "lore" or some dumb crap, only for years later those features magically start popping up.

Suddenly, oh it is like GTA, we have actual fucking car Ai

oh yea, you CAN shoot from cars

oh yea, cars can be hacked

oh yea a train station can be done lol

Sir, we fucking know this shit can be done, we watched Watchdogs do this in 2014, on PS3 hardware....

So imagine all the shit they could have done with those features if they just told people it was an early access and FULLY had those features in the game with the main missions.

So, shit maybe you are right Balls, maybe it is a "sequel feature" cause the sequel will likely actually use it in the main missions (if its there from the very start to be used that way) LIKE it was in Watchdogs.

They had missions on hacking cars, chases and missions regarding their trains. Why? Well...they actually fucking made a complete game day 1, not spending 3 years adding part by part.

So this is a bitter sweet type thing.

I'll still play the DLC later next year or the year after. I'd rather forget more of my experience to enjoy the features that should have been there day 1 lol

I mean shit, pretty much.

Yet they make it sound like we should be proud of how long to took to add basic features in other games.

Folks worried about EA or Ubisoft doing this to games, need to really be worrying about CDPR, pay full price in 2020, for a game adding launch fucking features in 2023....

So...I think maybe folks need to relax with acting like that is some normal thing for other publishers, we joke about that all the time, but CDPR ironically is like the only company to this degree thats dome some wild shit like this lol

Be like "come on now, its done..WHEN ITS DONE"

(also them) "Ok so 3 years later, we figured out how to make da bad guys drive cars wit gunz"

Year 4 customizable cars.

Year 5 able to join gangs and factions.

^ lol this is why I'm waiting till 2025.

I have a list of other games more deserving of my time that are complete games and I have no desire to keep playing a game trying to trickle out core features. This is not a simple update, this is literally just continuing game development and acting as if you are giving a "bonus" or "extra". I'm ok with an more content mind you, but not of elements that must be in the base, foundation of the core game day 1.

They might as well start calling this shit "Seasons" and jump on that GaaS bandwagon, as this literally is following that same philosophy and acting as if they are against those ideals.

In a situation like this, I actually disagree.

If struggling with these types of features is based on the engine, I don't think they should continue to limit themselves just cause they got some of those elements to work. It took YEARS for them to add fucking PS2 level concepts.

UE5 is a smart move and a move in the right direction.

Ok...but I don't disagree with you MidGen, but hear me out....that would literally support the very joke of this game being in early access would it not?

Sooo MORE features that are must have features are still missing?

So...lets say year 4 they add Car Customization and Gonzito Gonzito states "early access finally done", that no longer sounds like a joke anymore, that sounds pretty fucking legitimate, as you have a developer trying to celebrate tricking down features that on PS2 games released day 1....

Look at Watchdogs from 2014, even on PS3, many of those features existed day 1 like ai being able to chase you in a car, hacking cars, riding trains, hacking trains etc.

At this stage, CDPR making something to actually hack the train sounds like it would be a 2026 thing or something lol. So I feel, even with your statement, there is a lot of truth to what Gonzito Gonzito is saying and your statement supports it, it merely stresses that you believe Car Customization is more important (which I agree with)...but its still missing, thus supports this early access thing.

No, this is stupid. Following this logic, every game ever made is not feature complete. There’s always something extra, something more than can be added. There’s always room for improvement and a bug that could be fixed.

The Last of Us Part II was not feature complete because the survival mode was not there on release and they’re only adding it next year. Surely a survival mode is something that should be there on release in a game about zombies. I mean look at all other games with zombies that came out and had it.

People who think like that never, ever wrote a single line of code or had to ship a product.

Last edited:

NeededSleep

Don't understand the wasted development time to make a metro when quick travel terminals are everywhere.

Did people really beg for this feature to be made?

nkarafo

Don't understand the wasted development time to make a metro when quick travel terminals are everywhere.

Makes the city more believable when you free roam. It's about the immersion. An open world city must feel like a city, doesn't mean you are going to use everything or enter every single shop, do all activities, etc.

Nobody ever really used the train/metro in GTA games, but they are there. And it was fun exploring the tunnels with a bike.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Holy fuck balls.

Everytime I nearly pick it back up a new feature gets announced.

Is it finally time to binge this game or should I wait....

EDMIX

No, this is stupid. Following this logic, every game ever made is not feature complete. There’s always something extra, something more than can be added. There’s always room for improvement and a bug that could be fixed.

The Last of Us Part II was not feature complete because the survival mode was not there on release and they’re only adding it next year. Surely a survival mode is something that should be there on release in a game about zombies. I mean look at all other games with zombies that came out and had it.

People who think like that never, ever wrote a single line of code or had to ship a product.

Nah, you have a open world game like this, I have a really hard fucking time believe cops having Ai with cars is a "extra".

That is default in most open world games.

So hear me out, GTA VI is not fucking releasing with cops being able to drive fucking cars as a future patch, update, 3 years later or some weird shit.

a fucking MODE like survival that you see in The Last Of Us 2 or Fallout 4, are not day 1 type things bud.

Be like saying Starfield has ships that can't shoot at you, but shit 3 years later....they might.

This is not a fucking additional, extra type thing, this is a feature that is a core, base idea that alters the game that one expects day 1, not 3 years later.

But CP2077 is a whole fucking list of features that make no sense to be absence 3 years after release.

So shit, I even agree with you on your other post, Car Customization is a must have. Its a game about customizing one's body, its odd to not have such a feature day 1 as it supports that idea in the first place.

But the fucking excuses for this game is just beyond wild, sir....you already know they are missing a "must have" feature, but we all knew that about a fuck ton of features season passed out on this game lol

Holy fuck balls.

Everytime I nearly pick it back up a new feature gets announced.

Is it finally time to binge this game or should I wait....

Wait.

Next year they'll be like "So we figured out how to have the player join gangs"

By this time 2028, we'll have customizable vehicles...

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Nah, you have a open world game like this, I have a really hard fucking time believe cops having Ai with cars is a "extra".

That is default in most open world games.

So hear me out, GTA VI is not fucking releasing with cops being able to drive fucking cars as a future patch, update, 3 years later or some weird shit.

a fucking MODE like survival that you see in The Last Of Us 2 or Fallout 4, are not day 1 type things bud.

Be like saying Starfield has ships that can't shoot at you, but shit 3 years later....they might.

This is not a fucking additional, extra type thing, this is a feature that is a core, base idea that alters the game that one expects day 1, not 3 years later.

But CP2077 is a whole fucking list of features that make no sense to be absence 3 years after release.

So shit, I even agree with you on your other post, Car Customization is a must have. Its a game about customizing one's body, its odd to not have such a feature day 1 as it supports that idea in the first place.

But the fucking excuses for this game is just beyond wild, sir....you already know they are missing a "must have" feature, but we all knew that about a fuck ton of features season passed out on this game lol

Wait.

Next year they'll be like "So we figured out how to have the player join gangs"

By this time 2028, we'll have customizable vehicles...

But is GTA VI releasing with crafting system or in depth dialogue options or missions that can be approached differently from a gameplay perspective (stealth, combat, netrunner etc.)?

If hope it does, I want a feature complete game, damnit!!

GTA IV had no vehicle customisation. I guess that game was also not feature complete.

Last edited:

EDMIX

But is GTA VI releasing with crafting system or in depth dialogue options or missions that can be approached differently from a gameplay perspective (stealth, combat, netrunner etc.)?

If hope it does, I want a feature complete game, damnit!!

GTA has never marketed itself to have anything like that bud.

Cyberpunk is the one making it sound like this is a living city.

That would include humans that can fucking drive cars and shoot...

So acting as that was suddenly this foreign idea is a bit odd, cause their own fucking trailers show this shit lol

What trailer of a GTA game are they showing features that don't exist in the game?

So...blame CDPR bud, they showed this shit and are slowly releasing updates of shit clearly they are marketing, if it wasn't suppose to be here, why the fuck is it updated 3 year later to have it? =)

So I'm not arguing to include features they never stated, I'm merely pointing out that maybe they should release the game day 1, that they marketed, not 3 years later. You act as if we are just fucking making up out of thin air that they showed this shit in trailers and made many comments about it, only to then continue to walk back tons of statements.

I'm willing to go even a step further, what fucking element in RDR2's trailer is just a series of lies?

Its not like they are like "make a camp, that will be 2 years later, put an animal on your horse 3 years later, train riding.....3 year update" lol

Yet that is exactly how CDPR would put out a game and you'd be like "well come on, YELLOW SCREEN" and or "look at how nice they are, GOD BLESS THEM" lol

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
GTA has never marketed itself to have anything like that bud.

Cyberpunk is the one making it sound like this is a living city.

That would include humans that can fucking drive cars and shoot...

So acting as that was suddenly this foreign idea is a bit odd, cause their own fucking trailers show this shit lol

What trailer of a GTA game are they showing features that don't exist in the game?

So...blame CDPR bud, they showed this shit and are slowly releasing updates of shit clearly they are marketing, if it wasn't suppose to be here, why the fuck is it updated 3 year later to have it? =)

It’s an ad. So you’re one of these people that watch that shit and expects game to look and function 1:1 with what’s shown on TV? If yes, then you’re part of the problem.

Wow, so cool. Can’t wait to play that game because it looks nothing like Destiny that I know.

And yes, I agree that marketing was CP was terrible.

EDMIX

It’s an ad. So you’re one of these people that watch that shit and expects game to look and function 1:1 with what’s shown on TV? If yes, then you’re part of the problem.

Wow, so cool. Can’t wait to play that game because it looks nothing like Destiny that I know.

And yes, I agree that marketing was CP was terrible.

Nothing in that live action is some promise or exaggeration of a feature that returned to the game.

The actual ability to shoot from the car is now in the game via update.

As in...its a feature we already know was promised, didn't make it day 1, 3 years later...its here.

You have to stoop to the fucking desperation of now acting as if a fucking LIVE ACTION exaggerated trailer, is now the same as what we are talking about

Fredrik

Man, it's been my 2020 GOTY and an absolute holy shit next-gen moment as I upgraded to 3080 around the time it was released. Yes, there were some bugs here and there but nothing even remotely close to last gen consoles. And through the years, the game only got better and better. Now at the end of 2023 it's one of all time greats IMO. I just hope that after the success of BG3, CDPR will go more hardcore RPG route with the next Witcher and Cyberpunk.
Yeah, it’s hilarious to see people claim this game was trash and just got great this year. It smacked everything back in 2020 as far as I’m concerned, was my GOTY and I spent 300 hours playing it.

I want to play some more now. Just need more time. Currently playing Starfield and just started a new playthrough of Elden Ring and I have Hogwarts to go through and Forbidden West and need to finish TOTK and Lies of P and Remnant 2 and I started a playthrough of Hollow Knight which the kids wanted me to do with them etc etc etc. Christmas vacation can’t come soon enough!

Top Bottom