• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077's patch 2.1 to be released alongside the Ultimate Edition on December 5th, promises "new and hotly anticipated gameplay elements"

Roni

Gold Member
I'm still salty that Phantom Liberty doesn't come on disc on PS5. CDPR need to do a reprint asap.
That is likely coming, either for PS5 Pro or PS6... It's just some ways off. CDPR is probably still a bit salty about Sony's treatment during the original launch.

Last edited:

RickSanchez

Gold Member
Mods will get broken again...

dramatic eva longoria GIF

i have it on GoG where it is possible to play it without updating, so i can continue playing while i wait for mods to catch up.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
At this rate, I'm never going to get this game; I want it to be all done, stable and feature complete before I start playing!
Mate, it's so good right now.

Let me put it this way, I built a new 3080 machine for the 2020 launch of this, played 5 hours, hit the bugs/crashes/Tposes, packed a sad and didn't touch it again till 1.6. 1.6 was amazing, not transformative vs launch, but amazing - did a solid 50 hour playthrough, awesome time.

Reinstalled for 2.0 and Phantom Liberty, knocked a few mods I love on, running DLSS and Ray tracing (still on the same 3080), this game.....this game is now a force, of pure storytelling, world building, character arcs and FUN.

Loot is meaningful, since gear is SO MUCH FUN to use. Playing on Very Hard now, with the new Ai? holy shit...it's actually hard as shit now. You need to think about your moves, your build, your gearing and upgrade path. Watching Edgerunners and Akira alongside this is perfection.....my suggestion to you choom, play this game right now.

You can't see more than say, half of the story beats in 1 playthrough, it begs for 2 or more....there's so many options in builds too. Glorious.

10/10 game now, it's so so so good.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I hope they will add some vehicle customization. Now that they have that Auto dealer app, it would be easy to implement something like custom colors / interiors. There are so many in the game but we're stuck with 1 per car...

Also, Force Projection fucking slaps, what a tune.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Metro system, CDPR redeemed!

Edit: okay if they added metro and won't add vehicle customization I will be FUMING.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Great that they added car combat in old gigs (where makes sense). That was one of my major complains when replaying the game after 2.0 update.

Edit: not car customization. Something that can be programmed in one afternoon. What the fuck.

Last edited:

Kerotan

I've not played this and won't for another long time because I've such a big backlog but my God when I finally do I'm so glad it has gotten so much support.

Could anyone be kind enough as to tell us what is included in the new patch ?

cheers
  • Metro System - Unlocks once the player receives a call. Player can sit the whole ride or skip/fast travel
  • Radioport - An item the player owns to listen to radio outside of car. Turns off automatically when the quest music kicks in
  • Boss Fight Improvements - Specifically Adam Smasher (looked super cool on the stream)
  • Replayable Races - After you complete the Claire race quests, you will be contacted for 4 more races. Able to win an auto fixer prize
  • 5 New Motorcycles - Appearances from existing brands in game
  • New Porsche - Samurai Johnny Design
  • More Motorcycle Combat - Flips, wheelies, use of throwing knives
  • Car Chases - During quests, after killing gang members they will hunt you down in cars and chase you. -Car Chase Gigs - Gang members will hunt player down during car theft missions
  • New HUD Options - Visual effects, enlarging, disable time in minigame, etc
Upcoming:
  • Hang out with Romance Characters
  • Full Dualsense support on PC

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
  • Metro System - Unlocks once the player receives a call. Player can sit the whole ride or skip/fast travel
  • Radioport - An item the player owns to listen to radio outside of car. Turns off automatically when the quest music kicks in
  • Boss Fight Improvements - Specifically Adam Smasher (looked super cool on the stream)
  • Replayable Races - After you complete the Claire race quests, you will be contacted for 4 more races. Able to win an auto fixer prize
  • 5 New Motorcycles - Appearances from existing brands in game
  • New Porsche - Samurai Johnny Design
  • More Motorcycle Combat - Flips, wheelies, use of throwing knives
  • Car Chases - During quests, after killing gang members they will hunt you down in cars and chase you. -Car Chase Gigs - Gang members will hunt player down during car theft missions
  • New HUD Options - Visual effects, enlarging, disable time in minigame, etc
Upcoming:
  • Full Dualsense support on PC

Much, much appreciated Thick, cheers brother !

SnapShot

Oh fuck, I HAVE to continue playing now after the update drops, glad I haven't 100%'d the game yet

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
I remember the mod on nexus to let Panam be romanced by women is allowed but the mod to allow men to romance Judy is banned because its an LBTQMAXPLATINUMPLUS hate crime
Weird. I feel I do not have the right to comment on that one beyond that because I am a foolish console peasant.

Superkewl

Gold Member
Upcoming:

Ugh, so that means the game is still not complete after this patch? I was hoping to give this a spin on the 5th.

EDIT: Just finished watching the stream and was glad to hear that those upcoming features are in this patch, but just weren't shown in the livestream.

Last edited:

Garibaldi

Does the steam version have branches for the older versions? I've got a bunch of mods on my current playthru and I don't want the update breaking my save when I'm about 80 hours deep and still yet to finish the original MQ.

Saiyan-Rox

Man I just went through the whole game again because they said they were done 😭 I've already clocked 200 hours ><

Roni

Gold Member
Well, the team didn't disappoint: a bunch of shit that was once working is now broken. Several small known bugs are still there and even some promised patch features are missing for some folks.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Well, the team didn't disappoint: a bunch of shit that was once working is now broken. Several small known bugs are still there and even some promised patch features are missing for some folks.

Shitty, spaghetti code most likely.

ebITvSXYKNvRm.webp

Pimpbaa

Only real bug I’ve encountered so far was not being able to save after the first of the new races although triggering a quest seemed to fixed it. Not sure if it will happen again with the next race, haven’t got that far yet.

edit: playing ps5 version

Last edited:
Top Bottom