• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.1 Patch Notes Released

EDMIX

So i paid to beta test this game Day 1

Pretty much.
Not just Day 1. If you played the game any time between December 2020 (Launch) and September 2023 (Update 2.0; Most issues fixed and lots of missing features added), then you basically played an unfinished version of the game. It's nice that we are finally getting a version of the game that somewhat resembles the E3 2019 demo, but after 3 years...:messenger_grimmacing_

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Agreed.

I have nothing against these features being added, shit I spent years arguing that not only where they stripped from the game, but the concepts made sense to actually be in the actual game. So basically, people paid for some early access, GaaS type thing, its pretty fucking scummy and folks need to stop giving this fucking company a pass.

I don't even know of any other major AAA title out here adding Ai YEARS after release as if that is just a normal fucking thing or something, only to act as if they are doing you a fucking favor continuing development of a game you paid full price for years ago.

Are we all suppose to fucking forget a 100 hour playthrough and what? Play another 100 hours for the supposed "final" thing or something?

Maybe they should focus on making a the game complete day 1, not 3 years later.

I'm not even against it taking 3 years, I'm against them not being honest and transparent about these fucking issues and basically lying to people about an obvious early access.

So their trailers are claims of what they wish they could do.

Rockstar's trailers are evidence of what you are getting day 1.

rhodesianshepard rhodesianshepard lol I mean, I don't overall disagree, but its a lose lose. Those who supported it day 1, want a finished fucking game, not being fucked over years later as if they are now suppose to keep playing the fucking game in parts and pieces all incomplete with missing elements until they finish the game.

So I hope it really does come out complete 7 years from know, but the fucking fact that the company even announced a sequel this fucking early shows, they haven't learned anything because it wasn't a mistake and it wasn't an accident.

We'll see them release that sequel broken, missing tons of features and a bunch of yellow screen fake ass apologizes, then a series of early access GaaS patches to continue working on the game, years after you paid full price.

I just don't know how many really trust this fucking company day 1 for a release, I mean...Jesus we are out here on a thread years later about an issue many made seem like a "launch patch" would correct. =)

Last edited:
Pretty much.

Agreed.

I have nothing against these features being added, shit I spent years arguing that not only where they stripped from the game, but the concepts made sense to actually be in the actual game. So basically, people paid for some early access, GaaS type thing, its pretty fucking scummy and folks need to stop giving this fucking company a pass.

I don't even know of any other major AAA title out here adding Ai YEARS after release as if that is just a normal fucking thing or something, only to act as if they are doing you a fucking favor continuing development of a game you paid full price for years ago.

Are we all suppose to fucking forget a 100 hour playthrough and what? Play another 100 hours for the supposed "final" thing or something?

Maybe they should focus on making a the game complete day 1, not 3 years later.

I'm not even against it taking 3 years, I'm against them not being honest and transparent about these fucking issues and basically lying to people about an obvious early access.

So their trailers are claims of what they wish they could do.

Rockstar's trailers are evidence of what you are getting day 1.

rhodesianshepard rhodesianshepard lol I mean, I don't overall disagree, but its a lose lose. Those who supported it day 1, want a finished fucking game, not being fucked over years later as if they are now suppose to keep playing the fucking game in parts and pieces all incomplete with missing elements until they finish the game.

So I hope it really does come out complete 7 years from know, but the fucking fact that the company even announced a sequel this fucking early shows, they haven't learned anything because it wasn't a mistake and it wasn't an accident.

We'll see them release that sequel broken, missing tons of features and a bunch of yellow screen fake ass apologizes, then a series of early access GaaS patches to continue working on the game, years after you paid full price.

I just don't know how many really trust this fucking company day 1 for a release, I mean...Jesus we are out here on a thread years later about an issue many made seem like a "launch patch" would correct. =)
I agree with how scummy CDPR was for all the lies and misinformation leading up to CP2077. This is a game studio that had only released one AAA game, the Witcher 3, but somehow it gained a valuation of 8 billion by 2020. I think execs freaked out and somehow thought releasing a broken/unfinished game, especially on console, would be financially so much less worse than delaying the game 1-2 years. And boy, they were so wrong, as they have lost almost 75% of their net worth since CP2077 release, even after fixing the game and releasing amazing DLC.

Having said that, I give the studio the benefit of the doubt going forward. CP2077 was the most ambitious project that any AAA studio has developed in recent memory. CDPR had never created a contemporary open world or an FPS in its studio history. They even attempted to incorporate multiplayer too, with no experience. Going from The Witcher 3 to CP2077 was a psychotic move. There is a reason why the best studios in the world(Naughty Dog, Rockstar, Bethesda) never drastically change the types of games they develop. It's much easier to perfect a known formula than develop something completely new from scratch.

It's really too bad CP2077 didn't live up to the hype at launch. In a lot of ways, CDPR is pushing the medium forward even more so than Rockstar games. Not on a technical level, but CP2077 in 2023 is the only other open world game that belongs in the same league as RDR2 and GTA 5

StereoVsn

Really disappointed that the NCART just teleports you inside the train. The mod rebuilt the stations so you can walk inside the. That said, having actual people inside the trains is great for immersion and something the mod did not have.
Wonder if modern can add the train stations being walkable with the new version.

Did the mod tools get updated for the new version I wonder? Going to wait a bit to play for mods to get updated.

EDMIX

CP2077 was the most ambitious project that any AAA studio has developed in recent memory.
Doubt. Based on what? Like what elements? If anything, I'd argue what was missing and what they struggled with, was achieved by many developers for generations. I don't see a working train station or cops driving cars as a revolutunary idea, I think this is the most ambitious for this studio, not in regards to "any AAA studio" as it doesn't really make a lot of sense.

So the biggest things they tried to do, was done by better teams, generations before them, their issue is more so the publisher, then it is some ambitious or new or revolunary feature or function.
CDPR is pushing the medium forward even more so than Rockstar games.

Nah.

When you struggle with common features, I cannot argue a concept of forward.

To beat, you must first meet.

They have failed to meet functions from even games from PS2's era in terms of Ai chasing, shooting from vehicles on land, air and sea, along with the whole working train station. So its really hard for me to agree with an idea of someone pushing the medium forward, that is taking 3 years to get a cop to drive a car and a train station being an update as if that is this wild concept in the industry.

So we need some specifics here to really make it make sense.

Look at the function in Rockstar's titles, the bad guys ride horses in RDR2 and shoot at you from them, that isn't a 3 year patch for them. You can ride the trains in RDR2, that isn't a 3 year patch for them.

Thus...how can CDPR push a medium or genre, in which they fail to even meet some minimum ideas that are present day 1 in other titles?

This is a game where you could ride the trains, the Ai actually drove cars and shot at you from land, air and sea.

They do not have a level of world interaction like this and most of us didn't see Watchdogs as some pushing the medium idea annnnnnnnd its literally factually doing more then Cyberpunk.

So they have their place in the genre and I'd argue what Watchdogs did is much more impressive in hindsight that maybe people didn't give enough credit for, but CDPR right now isn't pushing anything forward, they are struggling to with the backwards right now, you can't struggle with date design and then act as if you are moving the industry more foward then the teams that have that as common place concepts, day 1.

GTAVI is not launching with zero Ai in cars and then waiting 3 years to do it or something.

So I don't see what they would be pushing forward, if they are struggling with GTA III functions or something

So...I don't know how you can move an industry forward, when you are struggling to meet its standard from 2001... CDPR still has a lot to learn, but right now, I see zero evidence they are a leader in this concept to really argue they are moving it forward compared to pioneers in this industry. Even if all the features they have RIGHT NOW in CP2077 launched day 1, they would still be behind, as these are not new ideas. If you tell us in Watchdogs 4, a cop can drive a car and a train station exist, why would we argue they are now above Rockstar or something? We'd be like "ummm ok, that is what they did before though"

Its normal for everyone else.

Its a "revolutionary" struggle for CDPR...

RickSanchez

Gold Member
for fuck's sake.

ive said this before - in an alternate universe, Cyberpunk 2077 releases in this state and wins several GotY awards.

in our universe, we were in secret early access for 3 fucking years, and now, finally, the game is complete

Doubt. Based on what? Like what elements? If anything, I'd argue what was missing and what they struggled with, was achieved by many developers for generations. I don't see a working train station or cops driving cars as a revolutunary idea, I think this is the most ambitious for this studio, not in regards to "any AAA studio" as it doesn't really make a lot of sense.

So the biggest things they tried to do, was done by better teams, generations before them, their issue is more so the publisher, then it is some ambitious or new or revolunary feature or function.

Nah.

When you struggle with common features, I cannot argue a concept of forward.

To beat, you must first meet.

They have failed to meet functions from even games from PS2's era in terms of Ai chasing, shooting from vehicles on land, air and sea, along with the whole working train station. So its really hard for me to agree with an idea of someone pushing the medium forward, that is taking 3 years to get a cop to drive a car and a train station being an update as if that is this wild concept in the industry.

So we need some specifics here to really make it make sense.

Look at the function in Rockstar's titles, the bad guys ride horses in RDR2 and shoot at you from them, that isn't a 3 year patch for them. You can ride the trains in RDR2, that isn't a 3 year patch for them.

Thus...how can CDPR push a medium or genre, in which they fail to even meet some minimum ideas that are present day 1 in other titles?

This is a game where you could ride the trains, the Ai actually drove cars and shot at you from land, air and sea.

They do not have a level of world interaction like this and most of us didn't see Watchdogs as some pushing the medium idea annnnnnnnd its literally factually doing more then Cyberpunk.

So they have their place in the genre and I'd argue what Watchdogs did is much more impressive in hindsight that maybe people didn't give enough credit for, but CDPR right now isn't pushing anything forward, they are struggling to with the backwards right now, you can't struggle with date design and then act as if you are moving the industry more foward then the teams that have that as common place concepts, day 1.

GTAVI is not launching with zero Ai in cars and then waiting 3 years to do it or something.

So I don't see what they would be pushing forward, if they are struggling with GTA III functions or something

So...I don't know how you can move an industry forward, when you are struggling to meet its standard from 2001... CDPR still has a lot to learn, but right now, I see zero evidence they are a leader in this concept to really argue they are moving it forward compared to pioneers in this industry. Even if all the features they have RIGHT NOW in CP2077 launched day 1, they would still be behind, as these are not new ideas. If you tell us in Watchdogs 4, a cop can drive a car and a train station exist, why would we argue they are now above Rockstar or something? We'd be like "ummm ok, that is what they did before though"

Its normal for everyone else.

Its a "revolutionary" struggle for CDPR...

Yeah, CDPR ran into issues with its proprietary engine in Cyberpunk. It's still a bit janky, even 3 years later. When it comes to ai issues, I don't think it's a lack of talent at CDPR. I genuinely think they ran into roadblocks with the engine. Developing games can be frustrating. Developers can fix one issue only for multiple other issues to pop up because of that original fix. Which is why CDPR moved all their future projects to UE5. So hopefully development is smoother going forward

But you are just wrong about the innovation of Cyberpunk. It's one of the best and most unique open worlds ever created. The lore and backdrop of night city is unmatched. There are 100's of buildings that are fully explorable with incredible variety. The RPG elements are very good. It has the best and most diverse gameplay of any game set in a contemporary open world. It's the kind of game I wish Rockstar would make but they refuse to venture outside our own reality.

I quit and refunded CP2077 in 2020 after 3 hrs. I played it to completion after 2.0 update. I'd probably be bitter too if I completed the game in its original state because you only get one experience playing a game for the first time. Even if the game is fantastic years later, it doesnt mean as much if you already beat it.

Even with its flaws it's still in my top 5 of all time. And Cyberpunk 2 can improve upon so much of the original game. Easily my most hyped game

Last edited:

EDMIX

for fuck's sake.

ive said this before - in an alternate universe, Cyberpunk 2077 releases in this state and wins several GotY awards.

in our universe, we were in secret early access for 3 fucking years, and now, finally, the game is complete

You not wrong.

In 2020. The Last Of Us 2, Ghost Of Tsushima, it was going to win a few, I have no doubt in my mind. Cause in its current state, its a solid game, even with a lot of those promised RPG things missing.

I have no doubt even if in an alternate universe were they were HONEST about that early access and this year was its real release, I'm sure it would actually win a lot of awards, even against ToK, BG3 and Spiderman 2.

Anything was better then laying to people for years. Gamers are much more understanding and likely would have praised them for being honest about that early access. So those who want to play in pieces, can and know what they are getting into.

Those who wish to wait and play it when its complete, can wait and get the full experience later. I did that with BG3 and LOVE that game, but who knows, I could be bashing it too if the company in 2020 acted as if that was a normal thing to do to charge someone full price and the lie about a fuck ton of missing features. If CDRP made that chose in 2020 to just tell us it was an early access, they could have avoided sooooo much hate and backlash. Their stock has fucking tanked and their trust in the community is suspect. I just don't think a few early sales was worth the damage they did to their brand. It was scummy.

rhodesianshepard rhodesianshepard Look, I don't think you are wrong regarding those roadblocks, issues and problems that they had, simply that....they have those issues. That isn't a sign of anyone pushing anything forward, that is a sign of a developer still trying to meet the standard others have already mastered. So they are legit issues, which supports them being the follower in this regard.

Not the market leader.

"But you are just wrong about the innovation of Cyberpunk. It's one of the best"

? Stop speaking like a fan in love with something, give me the facts and actual details about the innovation. Stop saying "best". In what? What feature? How? Can you explain?

This is how you provide evidence to back up a point.

You are merely saying you like something.

Not that this like is suddenly enough to argue they are pushing an industry more forward.

These are different ideals.

I love Persona series, like...REALLY fucking love it. The Lore, the city, explorable, UNMATCHED. Sir...that isn't some argument that they are moving an industry or genre forward, its a subjective opinion of how I feel about something. I purposely btw separate those ideas, as this is about solid facts of what each team is doing, not to be confused with a mere "like"

So if I say COD is the market leader, that doesn't mean I love its lore or story or even play COD, I'm merely looking into what they do well and provide the evidence to support them being where they are at compared to their peers.

The fact that you have to quit and refund a game and wait 3 years for it to even be completed, doesn't even support them being a market leader, but just the opposite.

So if you like CP2077, nothing is wrong with that, but liking something isn't really enough evidence to support such a wild claim of ambition, from a team struggling with so many basic functions we don't even bat an eye at in other titles.

Watchdogs 4 gets announced tomorrow, I doubt the biggest thing we are talking about is a cop can drive a car as if that is revolunary.

So I don't now how you lead a market, that you are struggling in regarding such features.

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

Panam is such a whiny bitch it just cracks me up at this point.

I invite her to my apartment in The Glenn just to check out the new feature, we sit and I tell her about Dogtown and that I did some crazy shit there. She starts mouthing off that "it's like Vegas, whatever happens in Dogtown, stays in Dogtown" and how convenient that all is. I then say "I'll tell you the story later" and walk away, and she yells after me "You better tell me!!". I then walk to the shower to check something and she yells "Uhhh hello? Where are you going". So I walk back and go to the kitchen and she says "Uh I'm right here?".

I just straight up left the apartment and ended the "date".

Don't think I'll ever do that again. I love 2077 to death but the romance stuff is goofy as shit. At least with Panam. The interactions are so weird, and Panam really isn't a great person to be with at all.

She could be worse. Like MJ from Spiderman 2.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
V will now be able to invite their love interest to spend some time together in any of the apartments. Hangouts are a repeatable, unlimited event that become available once the romance path with a given character has concluded.

..so, getting to the important stuff, does this mean unlimited lesbian rumpy pumpy with Judy?

CP 2077, just keeps on getting better & better.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
With everyone having a high speed internet connection we got a "patch it later" culture.
Im not against the idea. Just the reality we live in. Typically it’s the fanboys or diehards that are early adopters, so they get to beta test before the norms jump in with discounted prices down the road.

DanEON

Anyone know what is the "correct" HDR settings for OLED?? So much different opinions in the internet.

Top Bottom