• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.1 will add 19 Metro Station, among other cut features

EDMIX

Currently playing Starfield and just started a new playthrough of Elden Ring and I have Hogwarts

Same. 40 something hours in Starfield

You brave to start a new playthrough on Elden Ring though lol

I got half way thru Hogwarts and moved on to other games, I still like it though.

This year was too packed for me to go back to older titles.

I hope BG3 getting this praise makes CDPR just do some early access or not even release the game until those core elements are done or something.

2 games went into early access 2020

Both had amazing 2023, but clearly one of those games has a damaged reputation because of lying about it. I don't even know of must of us would have even cared if CP2077 was in early access.

I was willing to wait, but...then again I also believed they made the game day 1 with its features intact lol I don't even know if I want to play this next year, its like.....if you are still working on it, finish it up and I'll give a fuck when it actually has the elements promised vs this weird content drip GAAS type shit. I don't mind that IF they are transparent, let those who are willing to invest and play it in that condition know that is their intent. I just don't think we would have really be that bothered if they did an early access, we might have even praised the transparency.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Nothing in that live action is some promise or exaggeration of a feature that returned to the game.

The actual ability to shoot from the car is now in the game via update.

As in...its a feature we already know was promised, didn't make it day 1, 3 years later...its here.

You have to stoop to the fucking desperation of now acting as if a fucking LIVE ACTION exaggerated trailer, is now the same as what we are talking about

How the fuck the conversation shifted from 'game was not feature complete' to 'marketing was disingenuous'?

Yes, I agree on the latter. That's not that uncommon in gaming space with bullshit CGI or live action trailers.

The reason why CDPR is adding all these feature is not because Cyberpunk needs them to be 'feature complete'. They're adding them because they have to redeem themselves after disastrous launch on last gen and generally bug ridden game on all platforms. They've added everything that was put in that 'ad' you posted and way, way more.

I never thought that GTA V was feature incomplete when I played it on 360 but yeah having first person mode added on PS4 was amazing. It's called software development. Try it one day.

hlm666

a fucking MODE like survival that you see in The Last Of Us 2
Your going to use that as something that shipped complete? REALLY? it's amazing how this game gets a free ride on the missing features at launch bus even when the missing feature has be moved to a standalone product you probably have to pay for........... yeh that's how you add missing promised features guys, move it to a paid product.

EDMIX

How the fuck the conversation shifted from 'game was not feature complete' to 'marketing was disingenuous'?

That isn't a shift.

The marketing indicates what the game is or isn't. So if they are marketing an element that magically is not in the game day 1, yes...we can see this as a missing feature, thus game not complete.
They're adding them because they have to redeem themselves
not because Cyberpunk needs them

Sir...they are adding it to redeem themselves cause this game made a huge list of features they simply could not do day 1, to an embarrassing degree.

The game literally launched with limited Ai ....

I don't know of any major AAA game this generation or even last, that literally had enemies driving vehicles and your ability to get this...shoot from a fucking car, as a 3 year update.

So yea, I'm sure they want to redeem themselves as this doesn't really sound like a normal thing to launch a game without.

H hlm666 lolz I know right =) CDPR would never do this /s

lol you fucking walked right into that one bud

Enjoy the ignore (laughs in YellowScreen)

Last edited:

hlm666

I don't know of any major AAA game this generation or even last, that literally had enemies driving vehicles and your ability to get this...shoot from a fucking car, as a 3 year update.
lol watchdogs says hi, I didn't play the sequels to know if those did.

edit: ignored cause your bullshit got called out hahahaha least they had to balls to cancel and not pull you around by the balls for years.

Last edited:

EDMIX

It's 100% a shift and I'm not even going to bother with reading the rest of your post. Leave your stupid reaction emoji and move on. Agree to disagree and have a good day.

Nah, its 100% relevant. You can't argue and debate something about being complete or not and then ignore the intent by the designer / artist.

It makes no fucking sense, its basically trying to guess what "complete" is or isn't, all I'm saying is, they showed those features, they talked about those features, the game did not launch with those features.

I simply don't see that as some wild idea to state the game is incomplete.

Cause what on earth are theses features releasing then?

So..they promised, marketed and talked about those elements. That isn't merely some Live Action trailer taken out of context.

The very fact that these features are even being put in the game, supports the idea that there was intent behind those trailers that those concepts, are elements that fit this world and make sense to be in the game, otherwise why add them 3 years later?

ahtlas7

Ok, CDPR I will spend the 3 hours needed to redownload. What you’ve done is impressive and I hope Mr. Howard is taking notes.

Used to be you had to wait 6 months after a game came out to play it now it's 3 years. I'm expecting BG3 to get a definitive edition at some point as well.

I don't want to be a beta tester or feel part of the development of a videogame but it seems to work for most people these days.

Fredrik

Same. 40 something hours in Starfield

You brave to start a new playthrough on Elden Ring though lol

I got half way thru Hogwarts and moved on to other games, I still like it though.

This year was too packed for me to go back to older titles.

I hope BG3 getting this praise makes CDPR just do some early access or not even release the game until those core elements are done or something.

2 games went into early access 2020

Both had amazing 2023, but clearly one of those games has a damaged reputation because of lying about it. I don't even know of must of us would have even cared if CP2077 was in early access.

I was willing to wait, but...then again I also believed they made the game day 1 with its features intact lol I don't even know if I want to play this next year, its like.....if you are still working on it, finish it up and I'll give a fuck when it actually has the elements promised vs this weird content drip GAAS type shit. I don't mind that IF they are transparent, let those who are willing to invest and play it in that condition know that is their intent. I just don't think we would have really be that bothered if they did an early access, we might have even praised the transparency.
I’m actually at my 4th playthrough of Elden Ring, plus some ng+. I don’t feel brave to play it again, it’s my all time #2. I play it on Steam Deck OLED now and it looks absolutely amazing on that screen 👌

Regarding Cyberpunk, the things I enjoy it for was there day 1 (immersion and story telling and combat variety) and I played on PC where it ran and looked great and had mods, so personally I had no issues with it.

And I have no issues with ”GAAS”, if I like a game then any update is a great thing, a reason to go back and play some more. 👍

But someone wanting the absolute best first experience is going to wait forever, there will always be something new around the corner that’ll make your last playthrough feel like a subpar experience in comparison, and even if it’s not an update it can be a new hardware improving things, etc. Never ending game, the waiting game.

Hudo

The real crazy thing is that the metro stuff will be on time with >90% reliability.

Last edited:

Hugare

They probably wanted to add all of this into 2.0 but didnt have enough time, since it had to go live before the Phantom Liberty expansion

Great stuff. I was almost finishing the game, but I'll wait for this patch so I can kick Adam Smasher's ass properly

EDMIX

And I have no issues with ”GAAS”, if I like a game then any update is a great thing, a reason to go back and play some more. 👍

True.

I merely wish they were upfront about a lot of this, but I'm happy the updates are happening nonetheless.

Pimpbaa

I just want them to improve performance enough on console so they can put the FSR 2 target res back to 4K. The drop to 1800p since 2.0 has been really noticeable to me (more blurry).

MirageMew2

Edgerunners Sandy is actually a terrific improvement and looks much better than that weird 14fps movement they did before

That's the Ultimate Edition. No more expansions. IMO it's totally worth what they are charging for it but yea that's the one.
I had no idea. Thanks!. It's at 50€ for now. I'll wait another year and it'll probably be half the price. They may even release a PS5 Pro update by then.

Davevil

tumblr_nglzw32OwZ1skasmxo1_540.gif

Shadowrun for snes, circa 1993

thief183

Finally they added the metro!!! Another thing to ignore.... along with police AI, ppl really wanted only another GTA. Good for them.

I'm really wanting to finally try this. I've just been holding out for it, as it seems every time I get ready to purchase it, there's another massive update.

I'm really glad they keep putting stuff in, it's just hard to know when I should go ahead. I figured I'd get it now that 2.0 has been out a bit, but 2.1 is adding quite a bit more.

I think I'll plan to pick it up by the first of the year.

Gives time for them to patch up anything 2.1 causes and looks like the right time then as I'll be done with the holiday rush and can focus on a game.

I bought this at release and never played it (although I did download the base game again last week, but didn't touch it), but seeing this and reading some recent impressions of the game (in its current state) has me eager to give it a go--and to revisit the Blade Runner movies, etc. Will probably download the expansion and start it up this week.

moon knight

Neo Member
The game was severely undercooked in many aspects outside of the story and visuals, and they definetely marketed to heaven and hell that it was the next big thing in terms of immersion.

I didn't say it wasn't. I'm saying that a police system isn't a core gameplay element, because it's not baked into most of the quests of the game and you have to actively commit crime to interact witht he system

Top Bottom