• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
lol Sebastian O would have outsold almost every comic currently published
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/b...-is-moving-on.html?pagewanted=2&smid=fb-share

Okay since we're still gonna talk about it I have a point I need to raise: How the fuck can Dan Didio say those things about Vertigo when SCOTT FUCKING SNYDER, THE WRITER OF DC'S TOP SELLING MOTHERFUCKING BOOK BASICALLY CAME UP FROM VERTIGO? How does that make any goddamn motherfucking sense? How is this guy not out of a fucking job already? FUCK.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Captain America continues to be great.

I asked the other day whether this was the best Transformers comic but I didn't get a response.

I've been reading it since all hail Megatron and the answer is yes. The continuity is fantastic and I love the fact they focus more on the foot soldier lvl and mostly avoid the big names except when its time for some good old ultra violence.

kswiston

Okay since we're still gonna talk about it I have a point I need to raise: How the fuck can Dan Didio say those things about Vertigo when SCOTT FUCKING SNYDER, THE WRITER OF DC'S TOP SELLING MOTHERFUCKING BOOK BASICALLY CAME UP FROM VERTIGO? How does that make any goddamn motherfucking sense? How is this guy not out of a fucking job already? FUCK.

DC will just rely on stealing Image's writing talent in the future. They are clearly the successors of vertigo at this point.

ElNarez

Banned
Good to see DC is keeping the Fridge Stocked these days

Geoff Johns misheard Dan Didio and just shot a star. Fucking hell, JLA was the fun Geoff Johns playing around with a bunch of misfit toys, but then he realized he needed to be the shitty Geoff Johns so he wrote the most transparent fridging ever.

Geoff Johns misheard Dan Didio and just shot a star. Fucking hell, JLA was the fun Geoff Johns playing around with a bunch of misfit toys, but then he realized he needed to be the shitty Geoff Johns so he wrote the most transparent fridging ever.

I've heard
it's not Selina, it's an impersonator.

"It's Selina Kyle's
[meow meow meow mew mew
meow mew mew meow meow]
...Arrested Development."

I've heard
it's not Selina, it's an impersonator.

"It's Selina Kyle's
[meow meow meow mew mew
meow mew mew meow meow]
...Arrested Development."
Astute observers are pointing out that solicits for a Trinity War tie-in involve
a team of mystic heroes (and Batman, because look he really does care, they're meant to be! *vomit*) going to the afterlife to rescue a murdered Leaguer who holds the key to ending the crossover. That's Catwoman apparently.

Astute observers are pointing out that solicits for a Trinity War tie-in involve
a team of mystic heroes (and Batman, because look he really does care, they're meant to be! *vomit*) going to the afterlife to rescue a murdered Leaguer who holds the key to ending the crossover. That's Catwoman apparently.

So, B-Hound basically.

Wool

Is Vertigo officially over or something? Why is Dan Didio badmouthing it so openly? How much power does this guy have at DC?

So, B-Hound basically.
I had to look that up, and I'm still not sure. o_O

Also, get ready to go "animal style" next week ya'll!

1369778194.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45737

Acid08

Banned
Stuff from this week so far

Chew 34:

Fucking awesome as usual.
Did not expect that kind of interaction between the Collector and Tony. Glad Tony is still going to waste him. Can't wait until he meets with Savoy again and learns that Colby and his daughter are working with him

X-Men 1:

Really packed set up issue which is great. Seems like a lot of comics now aren't setting things up like this anymore. Rogue is awesome.

Indestructible Hulk 8:

Better than the last issue, art was much better. Still feel like there isn't much going on with this series. Just like inconsequential arcs that don't mean much and aren't very fun to read. Will give it one more arc.

TMNT 22:

Santolouco is KILLING it on art. That guy is super talented. Great start to this arc, it's going to be a good one.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'm reading Superman: Birthright by Mark Waid and Lenil Yu after reading raves about it for years. I'm not feeling it, story or art. It has a ridiculous scene where a bitter teenage Lex Luthor secretly meets with the coach of Smallville's rival under the stands during a football game and tells the guy which plays to call so they can beat Smallville 66-0. I almost threw the book across the room.

Nudull

Banned
So, I ended up dropping Hulk, Sex and Star Wars. I've been disappointed by various degrees with the former two, and SW was nice, but an almost complete bore. At least, this gives me room to try out more books.

Wool

I'm reading Superman: Birthright by Mark Waid and Lenil Yu after reading raves about it for years. I'm not feeling it, story or art. It has a ridiculous scene where a bitter teenage Lex Luthor secretly meets with the coach of Smallville's rival under the stands during a football game and tells the guy which plays to call so they can beat Smallville 66-0. I almost threw the book across the room.

Hahaha, looking at your lists every week I figured you had a high tolerance for bad stories. Is it any worse than Grimm Fairy Tales or Red Sonja?
I haven't read either of those, I'm just guessing.

Fury Max is the best book being published right now. Nothing else even comes close.

It makes me wonder why anyone even posts about other comics in this thread.

Owzers

Huzzah, my dcbs shipment is supposed to come Saturday instead of Monday/Tuesday this time.

Now all i have to do is catch up on a pile of comics i haven't read yet and some i don't even want to ( Fables).

sca2511

Any good experiences with cheapgraphicnovels.com? They have the Superior Spiderman Ditko HC Vol.1 for pre-order and I can't seem to find that on instocktrades.

Owzers

Any good experiences with cheapgraphicnovels.com? They have the Superior Spiderman Ditko HC Vol.1 for pre-order and I can't seem to find that on instocktrades.

I bought an Absolute and it had a problem from production and they helped replace it. They also package very well. Recommended. Instocktrades.com doesn't do pre-orders, the week the book releases it might be half off at IST.

kswiston

I have been working my way through Secret Six. The first half was great, but holy hell is the second half plagued by crossovers. Since I am not going out to find random Suicide Squad and Action comics issues, I have received like 3 incomplete stories in the past 10-15 issues...

kmfdmpig

I have been working my way through Secret Six. The first half was great, but holy hell is the second half plagued by crossovers. Since I am not going out to find random Suicide Squad and Action comics issues, I have received like 3 incomplete stories in the past 10-15 issues...

Stick with it. If I remember those become less of an issue towards the end and while I don't think the last year or so is its peak there are still some great moments. It's actually odd to me that one of my favorite Pre-52 writers, Gail Simone, seems to have fallen so far. I don't hate the new Batgirl (and to be fair I'm several issues behind on it), but it's nowhere near her Birds of Prey/Secret Six level.

Vyer

Didio's a money and bottom line guy ultimately. Unfortunately he doesn't have any vision on how to reach that $$$ by any means other than headliner characters and 'events'. He came from TV. He approaches comics like network or basic cable where they stick to what's 'safe' and a number on a piece of paper often carries the most weight.

wish IDW Released TMNT in some overiszed hardcover.

They did the first volume, but it was a steep $50 deal with just the first trade and some bonus sketches and whatnot. The ridiculous pricing probably kept it from selling well, and thus kept them from giving other volumes similar treatment.

ZoddGutts

Just read Jupiter's Legacy, didn't care for it, not sure were the story will be going also found the characters unlikable so far. Will give it two more issues otherwise I'm dropping it. Meanwhile TMNT #22 was pretty good.

Thai

Bane was better.
Just read Jupiter's Legacy, didn't care for it, not sure were the story will be going also found the characters unlikable so far. Will give it two more issues otherwise I'm dropping it. Meanwhile TMNT #22 was pretty good.

Millar does not write likeable characters.

ElNarez

Banned
Its straight up disgraceful how little talk of fury max there is in this thread.

What the fuck is there to say? It's a motherfucking Ennis war comic. What the fuck else do you want? Why the fuck else would you want anything else?

We can get, like, one page of quality posts on whatever dumb shit Dan Didio did this hour because the guy is crazy unpredictable. You can't do a good post when all there is to say is "Man, this fucking comic, you guys".

What the fuck is there to say? It's a motherfucking Ennis war comic. What the fuck else do you want? Why the fuck else would you want anything else?

We can get, like, one page of quality posts on whatever dumb shit Dan Didio did this hour because the guy is crazy unpredictable. You can't do a good post when all there is to say is "Man, this fucking comic, you guys".

LOL You're so salty today kid. Its Friday! Go outside and get some sun.

Also got my copy of God Hats Astronauts and Blast Furnace today. Probably the smoothest comics kickstarter I've been apart of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom