• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Enjoyed X-Men #1, set up as has been said but still a good read, and the art's good too. Haven't ever read a main X-Men title before, most I know is from the cartoons and I've been picking up All-New and Uncanny X-Men since getting back into comics. Will be adding this one to the pile.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
X-Men 1 question:

Can anyone give me a summary of who John Sublime is and what story lines he has appeared in before? I've read very little X-Men comics before

Holy crap at the end of JLA.
iwI3rXg.jpg

MAYBE WANT???

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/05/28/booster-gold-pilot-script-may-finally-go-to-syfy-next-week/

It’s been more than a year since Syfy touted a live-action Booster Gold series as part of its development slate, and during that time we’ve heard little about the planned DC Comics adaptation. However, the project still lives.

Responding to a question last night on Twitter, Arrow Executive Producer Andrew Kreisberg revealed, “The script is going to SyFy next week!” Of course, something similar was said in July and November, so there’s probably little reason for fans to get their hopes up. Still, it appears as if the project remains in active development.

Ordered by the cable channel in November 2011, the pilot is produced by Kreisberg and Berlanti, part of the team behind The CW’s breakout drama Arrow.

Created by Dan Jurgens, Booster Gold debuted in 1986 as a failed sports star from the 25th century who, with the help of a security robot named Skeets, stole a Legion flight ring, Brainiac 5′s force field belt and Rip Hunter’s time machine and traveled to our time to become a superhero. Initially interested only in fame and wealth, Booster evolved over the years, becoming a member of the Justice League (where his friendship with Blue Beetle became a fan-favorite pairing) and, in more recent years, a central player in DC events.

The Syfy pilot looks to return the character to his earliest characterization, as a washed-up athlete from the future who travels back in time to become the world’s greatest superhero.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's the consensus on Blackest Night? Worth reading or no?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I still have no idea whats going on New Avengers, but i like it and it still looks awesome

The multiverse is collapsing in on itself. As of right now the only thing they can do to stop it is destroy the Earths of the different universes
, so that's exactly what they did.

tm24

The multiverse is collapsing in on itself. As of right now the only thing they can do to stop it is destroy the Earths of the different universes
, so that's exactly what they did.

So I take it that
The whole multiverse collapsing had something to do with the stuff in Avengers too with the Starbrand story?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I take it that
The whole multiverse collapsing had something to do with the stuff in Avengers too with the Starbrand story?

Yea the two stories tie together. The
White Event
was the Avengers book acknowledging what is going on in New Avengers. I like how the narration at the end of this issue mirrored
Cap's speech at the end of Avengers #3

FYC

Banned
I'm trying to get into Thor(and western comics in general), and I was recommended to read the Walter Simonson run. Unfortunately, the Omnibus is over $100 on Amazon... A bit much for me.

I see there are a few volumes by him coming soon, and there's also a series called Visionaries.

Which one is which I'm confused and what do i throw my money at

tm24

White Event
was the Avengers book acknowledging what is going on in New Avengers. I like how the narration at the end of this issue mirrored

Yeah, everything makes so much more sense now

White Event

The only White Event that matters.

Newuniversal_1.jpg

...and they never finished it! :(

Wool

X-Men #1 was good. I think more has already happened in that issue than in six issues of UXM.

I thought East of West #3 was today, but I guess it's next week. Was that a delay?

sweet, finally got Supergirl in!

X-men..
I think Star Wars making me dread this coming out made it turn out better for me lol
hey thats pretty cool Karima is in it!

Matt Kindt retweeted my plea for him to pen a MMH solo book, so I'm taking full credit for it when DC announces it.

You sir, are a great man. The next announcement of books will come with September solicitations right?

Did anyone read 'the Wake'? I'm hoping for great things, I absolutely loved Snyder's 'Severed' miniseries and was looking forward to his exploration of another kind of horror.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You sir, are a great man. The next announcement of books will come with September solicitations right?

Did anyone read 'the Wake'? I'm hoping for great things, I absolutely loved Snyder's 'Severed' miniseries and was looking forward to his exploration of another kind of horror.

The Wake feels like it's going to be a really good mystery. I'm in for all 10 issues, it'll be fun to see how this all unfolds.

Wool

The comments for the CNN article about the new X-men title are glorious.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/29/showbiz/xmen-female-team/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Ex: "First, i hear about a Puerto Rican Spider-Man. Now its a mutant team of dykes out to save the world...What's next?"

This folks, is why Comics is a niche hobby. ;)

Haha, some real comic experts in the CNN comments section:

I give it six issues before it dies a well-deserved death. The concept misses the entire value of having opposites working in a story... the friction (and resulting evolution) caused by different perspectives/histories/backgrounds.

Six issues!?

It's pretty much guaranteed a hardcover. Maybe even a deluxe one like Azzarello's Spaceman.

Ooer. Deluxe. That would be a great format for collection.

They should, yeah. And there should be a lot of them.

Seven in fact. :D I think there's a good chance for MMH to break out big time with seven books. I couldn't be happier if DC announce Booster Gold, MMH and Shazam solos, with quality creative teams. I'm not sure what the chances are, but I wouldn't mind a Cyborg solo as well. That's more wishful thinking though. Booster Gold and Shazam have already STRONGLY been suggested/hinted, more so than Cyborg.

Mr. Sam

Have you seen the Dustin Nguyen variant cover for Adventure Time Mathematical Edition Volume. 1? So good. I can't justify the asking prices on eBay though. Shame it didn't see a general release and was only limited to Cons.

It seems it's on general release in the UK, there are copies all over Forbidden Planet in London.

tim1138

Seven in fact. :D I think there's a good chance for MMH to break out big time with seven books. I couldn't be happier if DC announce Booster Gold, MMH and Shazam solos, with quality creative teams. I'm not sure what the chances are, but I wouldn't mind a Cyborg solo as well. That's more wishful thinking though. Booster Gold and Shazam have already STRONGLY been suggested/hinted, more so than Cyborg.

I will be very happy if three of the seven books are Booster Gold, Shazam, and MMH. Hell, I'd be thrilled two get two of those three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom