• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2013. Nothing says "love you Mom" like a thick Man-Thing... Omnibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems it's on general release in the UK, there are copies all over Forbidden Planet in London.

Oh for real? I already bought it. :(

I will be very happy if three of the seven books are Booster Gold, Shazam, and MMH. Hell, I'd be thrilled two get two of those three.

I think at least two of those titles are sure fire bets. You can never be too sure though. I think definitely Shazam, as there has been much indication that he'll be more prominent coming out of Trinity War. Booster Gold too. The only one I'm not sure on, but want very, very much is MMH. Matt Kindt is doing an amazing job though, I'd hate to see DC not take advantage of an opportunity to push a much wanted book with a quality creative team to market, especially when his backups have been so well received.

ReiGun

Nudull

Banned
I tried out vol. 1 of Uncanny Avengers from my library earlier today, and it was actually pretty good, if not incredibly goofy at times.
Pretty nice seeing Kang and Sunfire in the mix of things, too.

Wolverine and the X-Men was great this week, but holy shit who designed Beasts new look? Jesus, he looks like a giant diseased possum. Worst redesign ever. I miss cat Beast :(
also, could nightcrawler be on his way back? Azazel and the bamfs have a connection!

Uncanny X-Force was fun and Alphona killed it on art. I was bothered by how slow the pacing has been though. Needs to hurry up already.

I will be very happy if three of the seven books are Booster Gold, Shazam, and MMH. Hell, I'd be thrilled two get two of those three.

Shazam is a must. Kind of embarrassing that the Shazam backups were better than Justice League itself.

Also the Shazam stuff is being put into its own trade, so that does hint at a Shazam series. As does the fact that Kotobukiya is going to be putting out a Shazam ArtFX statue.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Captain America continues to be great.

Anyone else read the IDW Transformers comics?

I picked this fucker up today.

MTMTE17_cvrA.jpg

I asked the other day whether this was the best Transformers comic but I didn't get a response.

Shazam is a must. Kind of embarrassing that the Shazam backups were better than Justice League itself.

Also the Shazam stuff is being put into its own trade, so that does hint at a Shazam series. As does the fact that Kotobukiya is going to be putting out a Shazam ArtFX statue.

I have the Shazam collection on pre-order with Amazon. It deserves the hardcover treatment. Is that the only upcoming DC statue from Kotobukiya?

I have the Shazam collection on pre-order with Amazon. It deserves the hardcover treatment. Is that the only upcoming DC statue from Kotobukiya?

Nah. They also have a New 52 Deathstroke statue on the horizon for the end of the year. Sucker is almost a foot tall and has a faceplate that slides up.

Wool

I can't figure out why rafathefedkillah got banned, but I'll fill in for him. That brah Brian Wood is a rising comics superstar.

ReiGun

Just like regular ass JL, JLA is outshined by its backups. That said, JLA > regular ass JL.

XX-Men is hot, yo. Really enjoyed that first issue.

Yea that first issue was awesome, packed more in one issue than many comics do in an arc D:

Though I'm at a loss, I could have sworn Rachel was still a dual psionic which makes me wonder why exactly she needed Betty there for mind reading purposes, I mean I'm pretty sure Rachel is still probably the most powerful person in the school.

I can almost guarantee everyone posting in the comments section of that CNN article is a comic fan who is either playing dumb or just trolling. Non comic readers wouldn't even click the link.

Yea that first issue was awesome, packed more in one issue than many comics do in an arc D:

Though I'm at a loss, I could have sworn Rachel was still a dual psionic which makes me wonder why exactly she needed Betty there for mind reading purposes, I mean I'm pretty sure Rachel is still probably the most powerful person in the school.

She definitely is. She was mind reading today in Wolverine & txm. Psylocke just didn't want to feel useless.

Tizoc

I asked the other day whether this was the best Transformers comic but I didn't get a response.
More than meets the eye is imho the BEST transformers comics in years. I made a lttp thread for it even!
Get it and grab anything by james roberts as he is the author of that book.

Mafro

Read X-Men #1, When did Rogue get her flight and super strength powers back? I thought she just currently had her absorption powers and nothing else.

Mindwipe

Must have missed that, sorry.

MTMTE is a great book period, never mind a good Transformers book. It's pretty much unquestionably the best Transformers book there has ever been.

Hobobloke

Pretty much every new HC does-all the Marvel Now! HC's do as does stuff like the AvsX and AvsX Companion HC's.

Ah, cool. How common is it for single issues?

Also I saw Superior Spider-Man #10 I think it was had a digital edition included, does that mean I'm to assume the rest of it will have them too?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Like I have said before, im just now getting into comics. Whats the best site for news, release dates and reviews?

I use Comixology to keep track of release dates and so on, you can sign up and "subscribe" to titles, it'll create and email pull lists to you each week and so on, makes it a lot easier to see if a title you're interested in is out that week.

Owzers

Ah, cool. How common is it for single issues?

Also I saw Superior Spider-Man #10 I think it was had a digital edition included, does that mean I'm to assume the rest of it will have them too?

it'll say on the bottom of the cover if a digital code is included, all 3.99 Marvel Universe titles include them, but not stuff like Wizard of OZ/Icon/Max stuff.

Hobobloke

That I don't know, as I only buy single issues digitally.

Yeah, no worries. I do enjoy the functionality of having it digitally but I figure if I can have the physical thing too for a few extra bucks why not.

it'll say on the bottom of the cover if a digital code is included, all 3.99 Marvel Universe titles include them, but not stuff like Wizard of OZ/Icon/Max stuff.

Awesome, cheers mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom