• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canelo Álvarez vs Julio César Chávez jr - A Fight For Mexican Pride - Saturday 5/6/17

BadAss2961

This kinda reminds me of Pac vs De la Hoya.

Smaller man coming up.

Bigger man coming down.
Chavez hasn't actually happened yet though. He's trying to come up himself.

Will be very difficult for Chavez to win this. His whole style is to come forward, get inside, absorb damage to give his own and eventually wear out his opponent. Canelo's too high level a fighter and too good a puncher for that to work.

Canelo is the most serious 26 year old I've ever seen.

During that face to face on hbo dude was admonishing the older Chavez like he was his little brother.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
As much as I'd like an upset, I hope if Canelo wins he wins it easily. That will put more pressure on him to go for GGG next. There is nothing left after getting rid of Chavez, it will have to be GGG, he won't want to be painted as product of boxing, at some point a boxer wants to prove himself to himself.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This looks like a boxing fan won a chance to fight against Canelo, lol.

BadAss2961

Chavez isn't fighting his fight so far. He's respecting Canelo a lot and kinda trying to box.

Guess he's just gonna pray that Canelo tires.

studyguy

Stoneface Chavez Sr. In the stands lmao. I'm watching this on a huge projection against a house with the family at.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
JR does have a size advantage. It is noticeable when he uses he elbow and stiff arms Canelo to maintain distance. Dont really see him having an answer to canelo later on though

what makes you think he is nervous?

his hesitation in the 1st round. It seemed that he was not used to using his reach and height and could not stick to Nacho's gameplan

Top Bottom