• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The" Miguel Cotto VS Saúl "Canelo" Álvarez. Puerto Rico VS México, Saturday 11/21/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled-26l5x88.gif

studyguy

To be fair, I think Canelo has improved. He's boxing at a higher level now.

Still, it was impressive that he was utterly ineffective against Floyd, he was that sharp

He's come a long way, Canelo now vs Canelo then probably would have fared a bit better but Mayweather disassembled him handily back then.

To be fair, I think Canelo has improved. He's boxing at a higher level now.

Still, it was impressive that he was utterly ineffective against Floyd, he was that sharp
But but but de la hoya the wise says floyd only fought alvarez cause he was inexperienced so that fight doesn't contradict the narrative of floyd ducking fighters

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
No way will he fight GGG after beating Cotto, he'll fight at least two more before giving it a shot.

People really reaching to find controversy and corruption. You know, sometimes boxing isn't actually rigged. Sometimes the 25 year old just beats the 35 year old.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Canelo doesn't afraid.

I also think that Canelo won the fight. However I disagree with the judge's scorecards

Tubie

This could go back and forth but scoring the fight 10-2 is laughable. Enjoy the rest of your evening

Very close to most of the judges, hell one of them scored it 11-1.

The way I was scoring, is the way a boxing judge would score it.

Canelos defense tonight was pretty decent....against an opponent with superior hand speed too. Cotto threw plenty of combos that hit nothing but air.

Btw, I'm the biggest dick to my gf right now hahhah. Payday bich!

*bich is her actual last name, facebook gives her shit all the time.

RootCause

Had Canelo winning. He's improved a lot since Mayweather. Much respect to Cotto, dude took punches from a guy that had more than 15 pounds on him.

RGVNOE

I think canelo misunderstood the question, and that guy is awful at translating also, it sounded like he was answering as if they asked about a rematch. I could be wrong, but that's how i kinda heard it

Anduron

Second time I've watched a Canelo fight, looks pretty good. But just watched some GGG highlights, holy crap... Is Canelo known for having a good chin?

BadAss2961

Second time I've watched a Canelo fight, looks pretty good. But just watched some GGG highlights, holy crap... Is Canelo known for having a good chin?
I haven't seen him hurt yet, but it doesn't really mater how good your chin is. GGG will hurt you.

Cotto did a lot better than I thought he would. I was expecting much closer scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom