• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I don't know what's going on but I swear I feel like I'm using M&Ms as ammo. I'll be unloading a full mag at people only for them to absorb them like the fucking Terminator, duck, reload their weapon, have a smoke, and then proceed to fucking kill me with basically a three round burst or a one shot with the SP08. I literally just quit to desktop and came here to vent.

And that console aim assist is something else. I play on PC and when I watch the killcam and it's like I can see the point where they squeeze L2/LT and instantly lock onto me and I'm dead. I'm almost tempted to plug in my controller and see how I do. I swore I heard somewhere, can't quite remember if it was something someone said in a video or on a forum somewhere but that a couple of people playing on PC where considering using controllers since people seemed to be doing so well with them.

COD has been played competitively primarily on controller since at least Black Ops 2, and probably earlier. Don’t feel bad about switching if you decide to.

DoomGyver

I’ve finished the campaign and have put enough time into the multiplayer to unlock 12 gold and 3 platinum camos.. At this point I wish we had a mw2 2009 remaster instead. There are too many problems to list. If I were to mention just two of the problems it would be the perk system and spawns. 3 years and 3000 devs. Give me a break. Maybe a year from now they’ll have the bugs ironed out - but I’d wager most of their focus will be on warzone and $20 skins.

So I never played warzone or got into cod before mw 2 but will probably get that battlepass. Its the same battlepass for both warzone and normal mp right. I really dont want to download a 150 gb battleroyale.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So I never played warzone or got into cod before mw 2 but will probably get that battlepass. Its the same battlepass for both warzone and normal mp right. I really dont want to download a 150 gb battleroyale.
The battlepass is only for MW2 but all the guns you level up you can set up as loadouts for the new Warzone

GenericUser

Also, if you complete it (or most) you will probably have enough rewards to buy the following season. Just need to avoid micro transaction store temptations.
Yeah, trailer said you earn like 1400 cod points by completing the season pass. I'll bite, why not. Game is really addicting.

NickFire

Yeah, trailer said you earn like 1400 cod points by completing the season pass. I'll bite, why not. Game is really addicting.
Other tip. If you want to spend 30 this one time, you can upgrade to vault edition. It comes with battle pass and 55 tier skips. On top of that you get more operator skins (single player people), plus cinder versions of a gun or two, plus 10 2xp and 10 2x weapon xp tokens. The cinder versions allow earlier attachment upgrades, and the xp and weapon xp tokens can help chew levels and weapon levels away. Just make sure you only use tokens if you can play full time period. They run from real time and not in game time.

Emedan

The last cod I got was Cold War, I picked MW2 up to play with pals on PS5, and I was hoping someone could recommend to me what a good starting set up would be for a lapsed player?
I feel a bit lost right now if I’m honest, lots of guns, none of which I know anything about. For some reason the starting assault rifle has lots unlocked for it, but nothing else has a damn thing. Am I better just picking a smg and levelling it? Or use that AR?
I feel ridiculously out of my depth with this!
Kastov 762 and don't cripple your ADM with attachments. I use the standard pistol as a secondary, if you can have two primaries use a shotgun. Double Time, Fast hands and High Alert are all good perks (honestly all perks are pretty dope for some certain situations)

8BiTw0LF

Banned
People sleep on the TAQ-56. In my opinion it's better than the Kastov 762, especially at long range. Lachmann sub outperforms Kastov 762 at mid to short range and Vaznev-9K is the ultimate short range beast.

But these 4 weapons is for sure the meta in MW2.

For Warzone I will main these 3 weapons:

Anyone notice that textures are slow to load when starting a match on PS5? Wondering if it has anything to do with my graphics settings.

On demand texture streaming should be on right?

Should texture cache size be set to auto or is large better? Should I enable download limits and set it to the max 64 gb?

I don’t care about using up more space, I just want the best graphics without texture pop in

Edit - this is for third person mode. Textures on character take a few seconds to load in

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

It says it will decrease visual quality though. Why turn it off?
turn it off and tell me if you notice a difference?

if you have that on and your textures aren’t loading properly then maybe your internet connection isn’t sufficient enough for it.

i heard you get dropped frames having it on and i’ve had it turned off ever since it got introduced to mw19/warzone.

GladiusFrog

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

BURGER TOWN
OPERATOR SKIN!

░▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

or

It 100% Works, Pretty cool. =)

NickFire

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

BURGER TOWN
OPERATOR SKIN!

or

Is there a printed explanation somewhere? Asking for other guy in my head who hates watching videos.

GladiusFrog

Is there a printed explanation somewhere? Asking for other guy in my head who hates watching videos.
Basically

1) Scan this QR Code:
bk-qr-code.jpg

2) Download Mexican BK app.

3) Create an account.

4) Verify BK account via email used.

5) Once account created, scan QR code again.

6) 20mins later code will be sent to email.

7) Redeem code at Callofduty.com/bkredeem

8) Enjoy this goofy skin.

Last edited:

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

BURGER TOWN
OPERATOR SKIN!

or

Interesting. I did the trick and got the code, then went to the Call of duty website to redeem and it worked. I then load up the game and the operator is not there. The website said it would be there the next time I launched the game? Anyone else having this issue... Or does it take a while?

Edit: Never mind I found it. It's under the Conor skin FYI.

Last edited:

nikos

Sucks you can't change region with with an Apple One subscription. Sucks even more when you know people in Mexico but don't want to bother them about it. Womp.

EDIT: Making a new Apple ID from iPad. The things we do for skins.
EDIT2: To save somebody the trouble, doesn't seem to work on iPad because the QR opens Safari instead of the BK app. Trying on iPhone.

Last edited:

splattered

Man i've had both really good and super rough matches today. It's really weird i've played several matches today where the enemy will know where you are even if they don't have UAV or the high alert perk active. My last match before i had to shut it off at first i thought it was just high alert but after dying to this person several times i noticed their screen never flashed to alert them. I would quietly sneak up to a corner and look around in their direction while they were looking down scope straight ahead and they would immediately spin their gun towards me and kill me in a single shot. Really friggin frustrating.

NickFire

Interesting. I did the trick and got the code, then went to the Call of duty website to redeem and it worked. I then load up the game and the operator is not there. The website said it would be there the next time I launched the game? Anyone else having this issue... Or does it take a while?

Edit: Never mind I found it. It's under the Conor skin FYI.
never mind - got the code after scanning once more with app open.

Last edited:
I don’t see a Warzone 2.0 thread anywhere. It releases tomorrow. Is there anyway to preload it on ps5? I’m expecting it’s going going to be over 100 gbs

I don't know what's going on but I swear I feel like I'm using M&Ms as ammo. I'll be unloading a full mag at people only for them to absorb them like the fucking Terminator, duck, reload their weapon, have a smoke, and then proceed to fucking kill me with basically a three round burst or a one shot with the SP08. I literally just quit to desktop and came here to vent.

And that console aim assist is something else. I play on PC and when I watch the killcam and it's like I can see the point where they squeeze L2/LT and instantly lock onto me and I'm dead. I'm almost tempted to plug in my controller and see how I do. I swore I heard somewhere, can't quite remember if it was something someone said in a video or on a forum somewhere but that a couple of people playing on PC where considering using controllers since people seemed to be doing so well with them.
A very high amount of streamers and COD pros are controller players.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It’s on the store? I couldn’t find it.
Its for sure on the Xbox store as I preloaded it there but havent yet on my PS5 but can look around a little here shortly to see if I find it there as well

In the Playstation store look for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and click the 3 little dots and you can select WZ2 there

Last edited:
The fuckin wall peak in third person mode is ridiculous, wasn’t there a game that fixed the fact that you can hide behind walls but see around them still?

The pre-download on PlayStation has finally started! It's broken up into four files, version 1.010, warzone, co-op, and multiplayer. Not sure of the total size yet, but the first one (1.010) is 19gb.

Yamisan

Are the dailies bugged for anyone else? I have one to get ONE kill with a drill charge, I've had 20 + now and it won't complete.

GenericUser

Waiting to the patch notes. I have a weird bug in which I can't call in the sae kill streak when I earn it. My dude gets stuck in the tablet view for 25 seconds or gets shot.

Top Bottom