• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MODERN WARFARE III. CARRY FORWARD CONTENT: YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED

havoc00

We know you have many questions, not least about the content* you’ve unlocked and collected during your time playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, as well as the second iteration of Call of Duty: Warzone™, and how all of it is accessible in Modern Warfare III. Good news: We’ve compiled the most frequently asked questions about Carry Forward, and you’ll find detailed answers below.

What is “Carry Forward”?

The term “Carry Forward” simply refers to content currently available to players in Modern Warfare II and the current version of Call of Duty: Warzone (such as weapons and cosmetic content, including Bundles, Operators, and other rewards and unlocks from the game), and how much of it will be accessible in Modern Warfare III.

Content previously described — weapons and cosmetic content, examples of which are shown in the above image — that has been previously unlocked or is currently available to players in MWII, will carry forward between MWII and MWIII.

Now for the caveats:

• A small amount of content may be unavailable if gameplay offerings are different in Modern Warfare III. For example, if MWIII doesn’t have the Tactical Amphibious Vehicle, or a specific piece of Tactical or Lethal Equipment in any game modes, any Skins you’ve unlocked for these items in MWII won’t be in MWIII. In addition, Wartracks (music) will not carry forward from MWII to MWIII.
  • This blog does not reference the impressive amount of planned MWIII-specific weapons and cosmetic content; this is simply explaining the MWII content available in MWIII.
  • There will be no “Carry Back” (from MWIII to MWII).
Way more info in the link

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
anchorman-brick.gif

Bridges

War tracks not carrying over is a tragedy. Hopping in the truck with the boys and hearing "La Grange" was the only season pass content I cared about

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Modern warfare was established in 2019, activison made it clear they’ll suggest or intimidate you into buying the game every single year, my gosh look at the menus, it’s so bathed in making as much money as possible.

Vox Machina

Banned
Big fan of these moves. Path of Exile 2 is doing the same thing, carrying forward all MTX that you may have bought from OG Path of Exile. Now if we can just get Microsoft to carry over their Halo Infinite feature of Battle Passes never expiring that would be fantastic.

splattered

Gonna keep an eye on this... hell i buy them all either way. Except WW2 never bought that one. Next they need to make it so the battlepass system works somewhat like Halo Infinite where we can purchase it and go back to work on unlocking everything whenever we want. I think that would be HUGE for the franchise.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Gonna keep an eye on this... hell i buy them all either way. Except WW2 never bought that one. Next they need to make it so the battlepass system works somewhat like Halo Infinite where we can purchase it and go back to work on unlocking everything whenever we want. I think that would be HUGE for the franchise.
You can’t sell $30 battle passes without the FOMO.

Top Bottom