• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All 16 original Modern Warfare 2 (2009) maps coming to Modern Warfare 3, Activision has confirmed

FeralEcho

Modern gaming,modern movies,modern everything = Creatively Bankrupt.

Thats why its so easy for them to make shit for modern audiences....they literally have to make the bare minimum effort and the braindead masses will reward them which in turn breeds more laziness.

Lets see how low we can go modern gaming industry.Rockstar already at the forefront of lowering the bar with their 60$ RDR remas.....er...port....

This is what you get when theres no competition for premium fps. Ea really fucked up. Battlefield 1 vs Cod future warfare was something to behold.

Sweatlord2000

Neo Member
So MW3 2023 is a MW2 2009 remaster? Highly dissapointed. I dont want to play 2009 maps again. Once the nostalgia drops you'll notice that you played the map a million times and will get stale quick.

SCB3

Having recently got back into CoD and Warzone after many years of pretty much only playing the SP, I'm so down for this, MW and MW2 were my prime Teenage years so going back to a few of these maps is gonna such a rush

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So MW3 2023 is a MW2 2009 remaster? Highly dissapointed. I dont want to play 2009 maps again. Once the nostalgia drops you'll notice that you played the map a million times and will get stale quick.

MW2 was 14 years ago.
I bet the majority of current players never even played MW2 because by the time they were old enough to actually play the game was already dead.

P.S Favela!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt_Fox

The largest Zombies offering to date.

If "largest" turns out to be simply adding some zombies to the big Warzone map I'm going to be disappointed.

They've screwed up zombies so many times recently that I don't hold out much hope. Everyone in the zombies community begs them to go back to the old round based 'fight till you die' maps, it's mind boggling that they keep getting it so wrong.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Never played mw2 2009 so good news for me if I end up playing it. But yeah yikes on no new content

We are getting the biggest Zombies mode ever.
We are getting a whole new campaign.
We are getting new weapons and perks for MP.
Favela forever!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Even though I'm not likely to buy a COD (I haven't in years now). I do like the sound of them bringing all the MW2 maps back.

I always thought doing a 'greatest' hits so to speak of the games is a good idea. A lot of those maps were just awesome and honestly I'd rather they bring those back than making new ones that aren't that great.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never played mw2 2009 so good news for me if I end up playing it. But yeah yikes on no new content
Unless they totally revamp the maps, old school COD maps are much different than modern day games.

The maps back in the COD 4, WaW, MW2, BO, MW3, BO2 kind of era were pretty similar in that they were generally made in such a way you could have a good mix of game styles (from shotgunners to snipers) and it was more flat and one-dimensional. What I mean is there were more bottlenecks and rooms wit only one way to get in as opposed to current CODs were there's tons of junk everywhere, rat mazy and every room has lots of openings which suits a more run and gun SMG gamer.

If you are someone who likes sniping and having maps with more open areas you can eyeball (without tons of clutter everywhere), you'll like MW2 2009 maps. If you are a pure SMG runner spraying rooms, you wont like the old maps that much.

jorgejjvr

Unless they totally revamp the maps, old school COD maps are much different than modern day games.

The maps back in the COD 4, WaW, MW2, BO, MW3, BO2 kind of era were pretty similar in that they were generally made in such a way you could have a good mix of game styles (from shotgunners to snipers) and it was more flat and one-dimensional. What I mean is there were more bottlenecks and rooms wit only one way to get in as opposed to current CODs were there's tons of junk everywhere, rat mazy and every room has lots of openings which suits a more run and gun SMG gamer.

If you are someone who likes sniping and having maps with more open areas you can eyeball (without tons of clutter everywhere), you'll like MW2 2009 maps. If you are a pure SMG runner spraying rooms, you wont like the old maps that much.
I like to run and gun and love the treyarch 3 way map approach. I also prefer small to medium maps. Would I like these maps?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I like to run and fun and love the treyarch 3 way map approach. I also prefer small to medium maps. Would I like these maps?
Some of them you might like, but dont be surprised if a lot of gamers load up on AR, LMG and sniper rifles. I did well back then using ACRs and M-16s as the maps had more areas which funneled gamers into laneways. And claymores were more effective too due to this.

splattered

Not sure which thread to post it in but was just browsing new games and noticed that Modern Warfare 3 has already been review bombed on Xbox lmao .. i dont even see a way to access the reviews just can see the 2-Star count on both standard and vault editions.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
If you are a Xfinity member you can get a free beta code right now on their rewards page

All of these horrible reviews are going to tank sales for sure.. especially that 4/10
Not so sure about that. Most people will buy this crap for MP. They will enjoy the honeymoon Phase for a few weeks and after that they will start complaining about the game like always.

Good that I'm breaking out of this cycle. I only bought COD every three years. Just bought the IW games but now I gonne completely ignore this franchise.

I
Not so sure about that. Most people will buy this crap for MP. They will enjoy the honeymoon Phase for a few weeks and after that they will start complaining about the game like always.

Good that I'm breaking out of this cycle. I only bought COD every three years. Just bought the IW games but now I gonne completely ignore this franchise.

I was the same, only buying the modern warfare games and happy to sit out for a bit.

Unless there is a big change in what I am buying (not likely to happen) then this will be the last one

So far out really does just feel like an expansion with some spec ops missions thrown in

Top Bottom