• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NickFire

Why would anyone want to run around playing war while looking like Snoop the frickin Dog, Cheech and/or goddamn Chong, or a man-sized sloth covered in cannabis leaves? And only looking like that to other people - it's a first-person game.

Love this game in general, but I really object to the cosmetic crap. Surely there's no cool factor to be gained from buying that stuff.
Because it’s awesome. Running around small maps shooting various ridiculous looking people never gets old. While dressed as Skeletor.

I can’t speak on Warzone - not my thing. Traditional COD isn’t a tactical shooter. Its like an over the top action movie where hero’s die 20 times per match.

havoc00

Why would anyone want to run around playing war while looking like Snoop the frickin Dog, Cheech and/or goddamn Chong, or a man-sized sloth covered in cannabis leaves? And only looking like that to other people - it's a first-person game.

Love this game in general, but I really object to the cosmetic crap. Surely there's no cool factor to be gained from buying that stuff.
I get ass every time i buy a new tracer pack girls love it

splattered

I'm hoping for decent cheech and Chong voice overs in the game... I mean come on. If they get really good voice overs I'm most likely buying it haha

clarky

Gold Member

Fun Factor. Bruce Willis Die Hard skin running around Rebirth shouting quotes from the movie, who wouldn't' want that?

Seeing people getting excited about paying exorbitant prices for dumb skins after Activision screwed MW2 players by releasing a cash grab of the highest order, only a year after mw2, is kinda the most depressing thing ever. Where's your self respect guys?

clarky

Gold Member
Seeing people getting excited about paying exorbitant prices for dumb skins after Activision screwed MW2 players by releasing a cash grab of the highest order, only a year after mw2, is kinda the most depressing thing ever. Where's your self respect guys?

Ill waste my cash however i wish. Be that hookers, cocaine, glue or COD skins. Thanks.

Edit: If a few people enjoying MWIII and buying things in an online store is the most depressing thing in your life then you are winning.

Last edited:

calistan

Because it’s awesome. Running around small maps shooting various ridiculous looking people never gets old. While dressed as Skeletor.

because...fun?

I get ass every time i buy a new tracer pack girls love it

I'm hoping for decent cheech and Chong voice overs in the game... I mean come on. If they get really good voice overs I'm most likely buying it haha

Fun Factor. Bruce Willis Die Hard skin running around Rebirth shouting quotes from the movie, who wouldn't' want that?
You people sicken me!

I'm never really aware of which outfit I'm using during the match because you only see it on the pre-loading screen. After that it's invisible to me. But all the other twats running around with capes and costumes... It makes every game look like a massacre at Comicon.

It's impractical too, it means the only way you can tell who's on your team is by the red/blue labels. I mean, that's hardly ideal for gameplay. At least turn that shit off in hardcore mode to prevent me accidentally shooting Skeletor when he turns out to be on my team this time.

Calverz

I'm all out of the battlepass tokens and I've been having some health issues recently so don't always feel like playing. It's funny I can grind something like fortnite half the day and feel fine but something like cod messes with my hr/blood pressure a lot more so can't grind it like I used to
Looks like your prayers have been answered. Double XP everything and 24/7 Shipment has been activated lol

NickFire

You people sicken me!

I'm never really aware of which outfit I'm using during the match because you only see it on the pre-loading screen. After that it's invisible to me. But all the other twats running around with capes and costumes... It makes every game look like a massacre at Comicon.

It's impractical too, it means the only way you can tell who's on your team is by the red/blue labels. I mean, that's hardly ideal for gameplay. At least turn that shit off in hardcore mode to prevent me accidentally shooting Skeletor when he turns out to be on my team this time.
Stop being cheap and buy a cool skin. The best ones remind you of who you are using because of the things they say In match.

clarky

Gold Member
Have people not seen how much content gets dropped per season in this game? I'd much rather drop a 20 on a few skins here and there when the seasonal content delivers, rather than the old way of map packs or paid DLC. Its not just a skin you get for your money.

I dont see why its so hated. Its completely optional, if the content was shit then you can vote with your wallet.

calistan

Stop being cheap and buy a cool skin. The best ones remind you of who you are using because of the things they say In match.
I did not know that! Mine are just soldier dudes, they only say 'throwing a grenade' or something like that.

And nobody else can hear it, or at least I never hear anyone else's cool soundbites when they're nearby. If a teammate is close, I think I hear him say 'I'm on your six', or 'watching your back', in the default soldier voice. Or maybe that's just me. Anyway, I hope you realise your money has been wasted there.

Having your own character chatter at you and nobody else must be like having one of those guys on your team who leaves his mic open and plays music or makes retard noises the entire time.

clarky

Gold Member
I did not know that! Mine are just soldier dudes, they only say 'throwing a grenade' or something like that.

And nobody else can hear it, or at least I never hear anyone else's cool soundbites when they're nearby. If a teammate is close, I think I hear him say 'I'm on your six', or 'watching your back', in the default soldier voice. Or maybe that's just me. Anyway, I hope you realise your money has been wasted there.

Having your own character chatter at you and nobody else must be like having one of those guys on your team who leaves his mic open and plays music or makes retard noises the entire time.

Not when he shouts "yippe ki yay mother fucker" as i shoot you between your generic soldier eyes you cheap bastard

Last edited:

calistan

Not when he shouts "yippe ki yay mother fucker" as i shoot you between your generic soldier eyes you cheap bastard
If I ever hear that, maybe it will all have been worth it. But I won't, because the only people who can hear it are the ones who paid to look like Bruce Willis. You'd have to put your mic against your TV speaker so everyone else can share the moment.

clarky

Gold Member
If I ever hear that, maybe it will all have been worth it. But I won't, because the only people who can hear it are the ones who paid to look like Bruce Willis. You'd have to put your mic against your TV speaker so everyone else can share the moment.
I aint sharing my purchases with anyone, buy your own ! You on welfare or some shit?

You see all these new maps that keep popping up every few weeks? Yeah thats us supporting the game thats paying for it all, scrubber.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
You absolutely can hear most voice lines as long as you are close enough.
And you don't get to decide if any money is "wasted" lmao, get over yourself bruv.

calistan

I aint sharing my purchases with anyone, buy your own ! You on welfare or some shit?

You see all these new maps that keep popping up every few weeks? Yeah thats us supporting the game thats paying for it, scrubber.
Thank you for supporting the devs!

NickFire

I'm just playing with you. If the silly skins aren't your thing then they aren't your thing.

I don't understand why you think I'm wasting my money though. Sure, in the grand scheme of life I have much more important things to pay for then a COD skin. But brother, that would apply to every single dollar spent on videogame hardware, software, movies, cable, vacations, dinners out, ball games, beers with friends, etc, etc., etc.

calistan

I don't understand why you think I'm wasting my money though. Sure, in the grand scheme of life I have much more important things to pay for then a COD skin. But brother, that would apply to every single dollar spent on videogame hardware, software, movies, cable, vacations, dinners out, ball games, beers with friends, etc, etc., etc.
I was just being facetious, in that people have spent good money to ensure that I get taunted by Lara Croft and half the cast of The Boys every time I get shot in the face, but I've never noticed a single soundbite. So that's a victory for me, albeit from beyond the grave.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I am out of town the next several days and my nephew is house sitting for us so if I dont reply to any questions in game its him playing (if he plays this which I asked him to start grinding new season when it launches)

splattered

Looks like your prayers have been answered. Double XP everything and 24/7 Shipment has been activated lol

Yeah but im too busy lately to grind this and not feeling well to boot so i spent COD coins on the levels i needed... i could have spent a week grinding it out naturally but not in the cards this time.

No worries

calistan

This skin remains undefeated

now, I do wish I could assaign a different skin for every map to better blend into the environment
Now that's what I'm talking about. Basic soldier man, different camo for each team. Job done. Armies wear uniforms for a good reason.

However, given that I'm not going to convince anyone otherwise, and because I want to sample this "fun" people have told me I'm missing, I just bought myself a skin. I hope people get seriously pissed off when I kill them in this gear:

59BaP1K.jpg

Last edited:

Calverz

Now that's what I'm talking about. Basic soldier man, different camo for each team. Job done. Armies wear uniforms for a good reason.

However, given that I'm not going to convince anyone otherwise, and because I want to sample this "fun" people have told me I'm missing, I just bought myself a skin. I hope people get seriously pissed off when I kill them in this gear:

59BaP1K.jpg
Weeb

twilo99

Well I guess I either have to roll back to an older driver or wait.. great.

I curious how CTF works in this game.. I don't think I've ever played CoD CTF but I've got a lot of hours in Quake CTF so I'm feeling good lol

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Wish the new Kong pack had death effects and not just tracers
The finisher is awesome though, but there should be 3 more kong packs incoming.
Also I noticed the same with the boys packs, the MW2 ones all have death effects + tracers, but the MW3 ones don't; the dune packs don't either so I figured they kinda stopped doing that, but then warhammer and walking dead did come with death effects....I dunno why they are so inconsistent now.

havoc00

The finisher is awesome though, but there should be 3 more kong packs incoming.
Also I noticed the same with the boys packs, the MW2 ones all have death effects + tracers, but the MW3 ones don't; the dune packs don't either so I figured they kinda stopped doing that, but then warhammer and walking dead did come with death effects....I dunno why they are so inconsistent now.
Yea the finishing move rules, hopefully the next kong packs have death effects not holding my breath though.

That king finisher that tosses opponent out of the planet is goat
I never buy anything in cods except battlepass but I'm very tempted to get that only for that finisher

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Is alpine the new "darling"? She's been getting a lot of bundles back to back. 🤔
Anyway less than 24 hours away from season 3, looks like the black cell theme this time is animals and "upgrades" snoop dogg to snoop dawg:
GKLNp0BXAAA5DnO

Killjoy-NL

Is alpine the new "darling"? She's been getting a lot of bundles back to back. 🤔
Anyway less than 24 hours away from season 3, looks like the black cell theme this time is animals and "upgrades" snoop dogg to snoop dawg:
GKLNp0BXAAA5DnO
Those are some awesome skins.

Too bad I'm invested with Helldivers 2 and Predecessor. Those take up enough of my time already.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

All buffs & nerfs in Warzone & MW3 Season 3​

Check out the full slate of weapon buffs and nerfs in Warzone and Modern Warfare 3 Season 3 below, as shared by the devs in the official patch notes:

MW3​

» Assault Rifles «

• RAM-7
    • Decreased neck damage multiplier from 1.3x to 1x (-23%).
  • Holger 556
    • Decreased upper leg, lower leg, and foot damage multipliers from 1x to 0.85x (-15%).
The Holger 556 now requires shots to land above the waist for a 4-shot kill.
  • MCW
    • Decreased headshot damage multiplier from 1.3x to 1.1x (+15%).
With the MCW, 1 headshot will no longer result in a 4-shot kill.
  • DG-56
    • Increased sprint to fire time from 178ms to 199ms (+12%).
» Battle Rifles «

• SOA Subverter
    • Increased sprint to fire time from 256ms to 268ms (+5%).
    • Increased aim down sight time from 270ms to 290ms (+7%).
  • BAS-B
    • Decreased rate of fire from 667rpm to 600rpm (-10%).
    • Decreased recoil center speed by 6%.
    • JAK Outlaw-277 Kit
      • Decreased sprint to fire time from 252ms to 226ms (-10%).
      • Decreased aim down sight time from 300ms to 240ms (-20%).
      • Decreased aim down sight rate of fire penalty from 150% to 135%.
      • Increased medium damage from 74 to 90 (+22%)
      • Increased minimum damage from 70 to 90 (+29%).
The JAK Outlaw-277 Kit is now a maximum of 2-shots to kill to all body locations.
  • Sidewinder
    • Decreased sprint to fire time from 231ms to 210ms (-9%).
    • Increased bullet velocity from 600m/s to 770m/s (+28%).
» Submachine Guns «

• RAM-9
    • Decreased sprint to fire time from 178ms to 147ms (-17%).
  • AMR9
    • Decreased sprint to fire time from 189ms to 136ms (-28%).
  • Rival-9
    • Increased sprint to fire time from 93ms to 110ms (+18%).
    • Decreased near-medium damage from 27 to 25 (-7%).
    • Decreased medium damage from 25 to 23 (-8%).
    • Decreased lower torso, lower arm, and hand damage multipliers from 1.1x to 1x (-9%).
  • HRM-9
    • Increased sprint to fire time from 94ms to 110ms (+17%).
  • Striker 9
    • Increased sprint to fire time from 100ms to 103ms (+3%).
  • Striker
    • Increased sprint to fire time from 100ms to 110ms (+10%).
  • WSP-9
    • Increased sprint to fire time from 88ms to 110ms (+25%).
  • WSP Swarm
    • Increased sprint to fire time from 88ms to 99ms (+13%).
» Shotguns «

• Added Long Haul 50 and Wolfcall 300 Muzzle Attachments to MWIII Shotguns.
» Light Machine Guns «

• TAQ Evolvere
    • Increased sprint to fire time from 245ms to 257ms (+5%).
    • Increased aim down sight time from 385ms to 415ms (+8%).
    • 7.62 Belt Magazines
      • Decreased neck damage multiplier from 1.4x to 1.2x (-14%).
    • 5.56 Belt Magazines
      • Decreased rate of fire from 857rpm to 789rpm (-8%).
  • Bruen Mk9
    • Decreased aim down sight time from 410ms to 350ms (-15%).
  • RAAL MG (MWII)
    • Increased sprint to fire time from 199ms to 216ms (+9%).
    • Increased aim down sight time from 330ms to 380ms (+15%).
    • Increased neck damage multiplier from 1x to 1.3x (+30%).
    • Increased upper torso damage multiplier from 1x to 1.2x (+20%).
    • Increased leg and foot damage multipliers from 0.9x to 1x (+11%).
» Marksman Rifles «

• MTZ Interceptor
    • Increased aim down sight time from 280ms to 300ms (+7%).
    • Decreased medium damage from 88 to 83 (-6%).
    • Decreased minimum damage from 84 to 77 (-8%).
    • Decreased near-medium damage range from 44.5m to 38.1m (-14%).
» Sniper Rifles «

• XRK Stalker
    • Increased aim down sight time from 580ms to 600ms (+3%).
  • KV Inhibitor
    • Increased aim down sight time from 540ms to 580ms (+7%).
  • SP-X 80 (MWII)
    • Increased sprint to fire time from 270ms to 310ms (+15%).
    • Increased aim down sight time from 570ms to 590ms (+4%).
» Handguns «

• TYR
    • 12.7x55mm Snake Shot Ammunition
      • Increased minimum damage range and bullet termination range from 14.5m to 19.6m (+35%).
  • WSP Stinger
    • Akimbo WSP Stinger Rear Grip
      • Increased rate of fire from 600rpm to 750rpm (+25%).
» Attachments «

• Added initial aim accuracy benefit to all Heavy Bolts for Sniper Rifles.
  • Cronen INTLAS MSP-12 Optic
    • Laser is no longer visible to enemies at the hip.
  • SL Razorhawk Laser Light
    • Flashlight is no longer visible to enemies at the hip.
  • CS15 Scarlet Box Laser
    • Laser is no longer visible to enemies.
  • Verdant Hook Box Laser
  • VT-7 Spiritfire Suppressor Muzzle
    • Increased sprint to fire speed penalty from 2% to 5%.
  • L4R Flash Hider Muzzle
    • Decreased horizontal recoil control benefit from 13% to 10%.
  • DR-6 Handstop Underbarrel
    • Decreased aim down sight movement speed benefit by 3-4%, dependent upon Weapon Class.
  • Bruen Heavy Support Grip Underbarrel
    • Decreased horizontal recoil control benefit from 12% to 8%.

Warzone​

Assault Rifles​

Weapon

Adjustments

RAM-7​

• Max Damage decreased to 32, down from 36.
  • Near-Mid Damage decreased to 28, down from 30.
  • Max Damage Range decreased to 24.13 meters, down from 26.67.
  • Head Modifier decreased to 1.2x, down from 1.3x.
  • Neck Modifier decreased to 1x, down from 1.3x.

DG-56​

• Increased sprint to fire time to 199ms, up from 178ms.

Lachmann 556 (MWII)​

• Max Damage increased to 28, up from 24.
  • Near-Mid Damage increased to 24, up from 21.
  • Neck Modifier increased to 1.1x, up from 1.06x.
  • Upper Torso Modifier increased to 1.1x, up from 1.06x.
  • Arm and Hand modifier increased to 1.1x, up from 1x.

M13C (MWII)​

• Max Damage Range increased to 21.59 meters, up from 17.78.

FR Avancer (MWII)​

• Arm and Hand Modifiers increased to 1.12x, up from 1.06x.

Tempus Razorback (MWII)​

• Max Damage increased to 28, up from 27.
  • Arm and Hand Modifiers increased to 1x, up from 0.9x.

Battle Rifles​

Weapon

Adjustments

BAS-B​

• Decreased rate of fire to 600rpm, down from 667rpm.
  • Decreased recoil center speed by 6%.
  • JAK Outlaw-277
    • Max Damage decreased to 90, down from 100.
    • Near-Mid Damage Range decreased to 25.4 meters, down from 27.94.
    • Head Modifier decreased to 1.4x, down from 1.6x.
    • Upper Torso and Arms Modifiers decreased to 1.1x, down from 1.3x.
    • Decreased sprint to fire time to 226ms, down from 252ms.
    • Decreased aim down sight time to 240ms, down from 300ms.
    • Decreased aim down sight rate of fire penalty to 135%, down from 150%.

MTZ-762​

• Max Damage decreased to 38, down from 40.
  • Near-Mid Damage decreased to 35, down from 38.

SOA Subverter​

• Max Damage Range decreased to 22.86 meters, down from 25.4.
  • Near-Mid Damage Range decreased to 41.91 meters, down from 46.23.
  • Increased sprint to fire time to 268ms, up from 256ms.
  • Increased aim down sight time to 290ms, up from 270ms.

Sidewinder​

• Decreased sprint to fire time to 210ms, down from 231ms.
  • Increased bullet velocity to 770m/s, up from 600m/s.

Submachine Guns​

Weapon

Adjustments

RAM-9​

• Max Damage decreased to 27, down from 30.
  • Decreased sprint to fire time to 147ms, down from 178ms.

AMR9​

• Max Damage decreased to 27, down from 31.
  • Min Damage decreased to 22, down from 25.
  • Near-Mid Damage decreased to 25, down from 27.
  • Max Damage Range decreased to 17.78 meters, down from 22.86.
  • Near-Mid Damage Range decreased to 34.29 meters, down from 40.64.
  • Decreased sprint to fire time to 136ms, down from 189ms.

Rival-9​

• Increased sprint to fire time to 110ms, up from 93ms.

HRM-9​

• Increased sprint to fire time to 110ms, up from 94ms.

Striker​

• Increased sprint to fire time to 110ms, up from 100ms.

Striker 9​

• Max Damage Range increased to 12.19 meters, up from 10.67.
  • Increased sprint to fire time to 103ms, up from 100ms.

WSP-9​

• Increased sprint to fire time to 110ms, up from 88ms.

WSP Swarm​

• Increased sprint to fire time to 99ms, up from 88ms.

MX9 (MWII)​

• Near-Mid Damage increased to 28, up from 26.
  • Max Damage Range increased to 11.17 meters, up from 9.65.

Lachmann Sub (MWII)​

• Max Damage increased to 28, up from 27.
  • Max Damage Range increased to 9.65 meters, up from 8.25.

BAS-P (MWII)​

• Max Damage increased to 28, up from 26.

Light Machine Guns​

Weapon

Adjustments

Bruen MK9​

• Min Damage decreased to 24, down from 26.
  • Decreased aim down sight time to 350ms, down from 410ms.

TAQ Eradicator​

• Max Damage increased to 30, up from 28.

TAQ Evolvere​

• Increased sprint to fire time to 257ms, up from 245ms.
  • Increased aim down sight time to 415ms, up from 385ms.
  • 5.56 Belt Magazines
    • Decreased rate of fire to 789rpm, down from 857rpm.

RAPP H (MWII)​

• Upper Torso & Neck Modifier increased 1.1x, up from 1.08x.
  • Arm and Hand Modifier increased to 1.1x, up from 0.95x.

HCR 56 (MWII)​

• Max Damage Range increased to 33.65 meters, up from 30.73.
  • Arm and Hand Modifiers increased to 1.1x, up from 0.99x.
  • Leg Modifier increased to 1x, up from 0.95x.

RAAL MG (MWII)​

• Increased sprint to fire time to 216ms, up from 199ms.
  • Increased aim down sight time to 380ms, up from 330ms.

Marksman Rifles​

Weapon

Adjustments

Tempus Torrent (MWII)​

• Max Damage decreased to 70, down from 74.

Sniper Rifles​

Weapon

Adjustments

XRK Stalker​

• Increased aim down sight time to 600ms, up from 580ms.

KV Inhibitor​

• Increased aim down sight time to 580ms, up from 540ms.

SP-X 80 (MWII)​

• Increased sprint to fire time to 310ms, up from 270ms.
  • Increased aim down sight time to 590ms, up from 570ms.

Handguns​

Weapon

Adjustments

Renetti​

• Max Damage Range increased to 12.95 meters, up from 11.68.

WSP Stinger​

• Akimbo WSP Stinger Rear Grip
    • Increased rate of fire to 750rpm, up from 600rpm.

» ATTACHMENTS «​

• Heavy Bolts
    • Added initial aim accuracy benefit to all Heavy Bolts for Sniper Rifles.
  • Cronen INTLAS MSP-12 Optic
  • SL Razorhawk Laser Light
    • Flashlight is no longer visible to enemies at the hip.
  • CS15 Scarlet Box Laser
    • Laser is no longer visible to enemies.
  • Verdant Hook Box Laser
  • VT-7 Spiritfire Suppressor Muzzle
    • Increased sprint to fire speed penalty to 5%, up from 2%.
  • L4R Flash Hider Muzzle
    • Decreased horizontal recoil control benefit to 10%, down from 13%.
  • DR-6 Handstop Underbarrel
    • Decreased aim down sight movement speed benefit by 3-4%, dependent upon Weapon Class.
  • Bruen Heavy Support Grip Underbarrel
    • Decreased horizontal recoil control benefit to 8%, down from 12%.

twilo99

30gb on Steam.

So much content in the last 2 season I'm starting to think that the art team, or whoever is responsible for the cosmetics, is actually bigger than the core dev team lol

nikos

I ended up refunding MWIII at launch. Thought I'd get into Warzone again but I didn't.

Decided to try Rebirth Island and the game actually seems fun again. Almost won the two matches I played.

The game probably gave me bot lobbies and I have no desire to start leveling weapons to be competitive again. I know loadouts are a fundamental part of the game, but a ground loot only mode could be interesting.

That said, I think I'll play some and see how it goes.

Top Bottom