• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 sales -39% compared with the previous year's game - UK 2023

clarky

Gold Member
It is indeed very good. Now that I learned the maps I’m really enjoying the fast pace and movement overall. 2019 felt better as far as shooting the guns, but the gun fights are still very good..

The main part of the game, multiplayer, is top tier entertainment..
The Spawns, lightning fast TTK and some very poor maps spoiled the excellent gunplay in 2019 for me.

I can see why some don't like it but III goes a lot way to fixing most of my gripes (but introduces a few of its own).

I Enjoyed Cold War also like the poster above, although this one edges it for me personally. III, Cold war, 2019 then II in a distant last , in that order for me of the Modern COD's.

Looking forward to see what, if anything the new Blackop's is bringing to the table with an extra year of dev time. I'd bet my left bollock Verdansk will return for Warzone along side it.

Last edited:

twilo99

The Spawns, lightning fast TTK and some very poor maps spoiled the excellent gunplay in 2019 for me.

I can see why some don't like it but III goes a lot way to fixing most of my gripes (but introduces a few of its own).

I Enjoyed Cold War also like the poster above, although this one edges it for me personally. III, Cold war, 2019 then II in a distant last , in that order for me of the Modern COD's.

Looking forward to see what, if anything the new Blackop's is bringing to the table with an extra year of dev time. I'd bet my left bollock Verdansk will return for Warzone along side it.

I had no idea that 2019 MP was considered fast TTK for CoD, but I guess it makes sense.. some of those maps weren't bad tho, I hope we some some of those again.

Verdansk is 100% making a comeback of some sort eventually. The current map is quite good tho.. I'm enjoying it

clarky

Gold Member
I had no idea that 2019 MP was considered fast TTK for CoD, but I guess it makes sense.. some of those maps weren't bad tho, I hope we some some of those again.

Verdansk is 100% making a comeback of some sort eventually. The current map is quite good tho.. I'm enjoying it
I don't know weather 2019 is considered fast or not as i only picked COD back up then after a long hiatus. Its just too fast for this old man. II was even worse.

Yeah I like the new map as well. It's got a bit of everything.

Last edited:

twilo99

I don't know weather 2019 is considered fast or not as i only picked COD back up then after a long hiatus. Its just too fast for this old man. II was even worse.

Yeah I like the new map as well. It's got a bit of everything.

I think you are right, its out of the norm since you had less health and all..

Calverz

Cold War is much better
Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

The Cold War beta was enough to put me off. After the massive high of black ops 3, to the colossal disappointment of black ops 4 and then the pos cold war, treyarch have got to do a lot to win me over with this next entry. Id rather play WWII than black ops 4 and cold war. Easily.

S0ULZB0URNE

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

The Cold War beta was enough to put me off. After the massive high of black ops 3, to the colossal disappointment of black ops 4 and then the pos cold war, treyarch have got to do a lot to win me over with this next entry. Id rather play WWII than black ops 4 and cold war. Easily.
I don't like any of them but I do like Cold War 🤷

twilo99

There are way too many different flavors of CoD so there seems to be a wide range of opionon on which one is the best.

I think it's mostly driven by nostalgia based on whichever one you peaked at in terms of skill...

Jigsaah

Gold Member

But those engagement records though...

This may be copium with a little bit of common sense, but I'd argue Warzone makes all the money for COD. So that engagement is typically coming from the F2P players in Warzone. It's very rare that i'll run into someone not using some type of microtransaction weapon or skin in the games I played. Barring Fortnite...I think COD Warzone probably has some of the best skin designs around. Some are absolutely cringe (looking at you Inarius, Nicki Minaj) However for the default operators I've been more than tempted to buy a skin bundle or two. Haven't bit yet, but I've seen it myself. People are buying these skins like crazy.

Would be interesting to see how Warzone performs on it's own, revenue-wise.

Last edited:
Would be funny if Kotick just sold Activision at peak value.

You know franchise fatigue WILL eventually come - I know this is a broken record now going into year 15 after COD4, but it will happen. Finally happened to Marvel, it will happen to COD. They got timing of the sale right after Warzone and the previous modern warfare.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Would be funny if Kotick just sold Activision at peak value.

You know franchise fatigue WILL eventually come - I know this is a broken record now going into year 15 after COD4, but it will happen. Finally happened to Marvel, it will happen to COD. They got timing of the sale right after Warzone and the previous modern warfare.
Smart but it doesn't help with them making em worse.

Last edited:

NickFire

This may be copium with a little bit of common sense, but I'd argue Warzone makes all the money for COD. So that engagement is typically coming from the F2P players in Warzone. It's very rare that i'll run into someone not using some type of microtransaction weapon or skin in the games I played. Barring Fortnite...I think COD Warzone probably has some of the best skin designs around. Some are absolutely cringe (looking at you Inarius, Nicki Minaj) However for the default operators I've been more than tempted to buy a skin bundle or two. Haven't bit yet, but I've seen it myself. People are buying these skins like crazy.

Would be interesting to see how Warzone performs on it's own, revenue-wise.
Skeletor and Ash baby!!!

Top Bottom